Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Will I Stop Regretting Having This Done?

I am just so sick all of the time. I feel like I am in my first trimester of pregnancy. I just want this feeling to end. Exhaustion and nausea have taken over my life.

I was regretful in a way until I stopped struggling. I still sometimes wish I could get my stomach back, have a huge meal like I used to, and then put my little stomach back in. No way though. This tool saves me from myself. I was obese because I was always hungry and so would eat far too much at a sitting, trying to satisfy a huge stomach. I'm thankful now. Give it a few months and I bet you will be happier. In the mean time, try to concentrate on your weight loss, how loose your pants are and how many complements you're getting.

I have lost a ton already. 30 lbs before surgery and 25 lbs since surgery.

BUT....I am having a hard time getting liquids in. I get nauseous every time I eat anything. I am constantly exhausted. I feel like I am back in my first trimester of pregnancy. It sucks.

Thank you so much for all of the positive motivation. Please keep the advice and personal stories coming. It really helps.

That sounds terrible. I am 12 days out and never been nauseous thank god. My doc told me that it does happen to some people but they do eventually get over that hump. I hope you do soon because then you will feel great. You made it thru pregnancy you will make it thru this and the new you will be born.

Thank you all for the kind words. I wish I could say I am feeling better today, but that is not the case. Tried to make an apt with my surgeon who I found out is on vacation until Monday. Hoping by that time I am over this slump. You all have been so helpful.

I feel you on this. I'm not regretting having surgery but I just wanna be normal. I'm tired of the sick feeling of eating. Sometimes I don't even want to eat just cause I know how icky it feels. I'm tired of puree food, but I was tired of being overweight much more. So @ 3 weeks the optimism of becoming normal after 6-8 weeks is helping me suck it up. But omg it feels so terrible at times, I don't like being weak or taking it this slow, but I'm getting thru.

I just wrote cause I can relate, but don't regret you'll get thru. We did something good for ourselves, I'm not giving up so please don't give in to regret. Fight thru.

-snip- This tool saves me from myself. I was obese because I was always hungry and so would eat far too much at a sitting, trying to satisfy a huge stomach. I'm thankful now. -snip-

That is EXACTLY how I feel!

I too felt real crappy for at least the first two months and was in the same boat. It did get better for me as I suspect it will get better for you too. Now going on 2 years out I would not trade the decision for anything, it saved my life.

Like Rootman I didn't start to feel better until I was 6-8 weeks out - I felt like a wrung out rag, was nauseated, everything tasted like a** - had some serious complications right after surgery, then more at home, then screwed up my knee and couldnt even stand up three weeks out - what a mess it was, just misery. I too think I was dehydrated, had a heck of a time getting enough in. I think are bodies are pretty much WTF did you just do to me lol.

I feel a whole lot better now :)

Thanks for all of the advice. I am at the doc now so hopefully he will have a magic cure.

I am just so sick all of the time. I feel like I am in my first trimester of pregnancy. I just want this feeling to end. Exhaustion and nausea have taken over my life.

I just hit 4 weeks yesterday, and today is the first day I'd say that I feel like my old self again - energy wise . The weakness and general sick feeling at first really did make me wonder if I'd lostmy mind doing this. I mean being thin will be great and all (if I don't turn out to be the only person in the history of the world who does this and does not lose weight) but, contrary to some opinions, I do not believe it is the end all be all of the world. Ill be honest. . . If we're talking forever, Id take fat and feeling human over thin and the way I felt the first month after this surgery. But, like I said, I suddenly woke up this morning feeling human again. Now, if I could just lose some weight!

You will do great especially now that you feel better. I already have way more energy but I was also a heavy drinker and I quit drinking in June. That dropped me 17 lbs the first 2 weeks and I also think that my stomach was so used to straight liquor that is why i have such a strong stomach now. I never got sick unless I really tied one on and then I never vomited.

I never regretted the fact that I did it, but I had some "poor me" days while I went through the first 6 weeks.

Now I feel great ....and best of all yesterday I just got told to go off all my diabetic meds...no more meds!

No one can blow sunshine up your ass, and make you feel good...your just gonna have to do it yourself. It sucks sometimes, but .....you know what I'll say.....

Good Luck!

was also a heavy drinker and I quit drinking in June. That dropped me 17 lbs the first 2 weeks and I also think that my stomach was so used to straight liquor that is why i have such a strong stomach now. I never got sick unless I really tied one on and then I never vomited.

Chelle68

congrats on stopping drinking too much/or stopping altogether

when ever someone takes a big step to improve their health - for example quitting smoking - pre WLS (or anytime) it shows their strength and determination

2 very important things that go hand and hand with the sleeve

you will do great with your new best friend the sleeve ;)

kudos

:)

I hear you, but tell me, since you relate it to your first trimester of pregnancy, do you now regret being pregnant? If you had a chance to undo your pregnancy so you didn't have to endure it, would you now or was it worth it?

I can't speak to that aspect of life directly, but I sure am happy my wife endured her two pregnancies. I'm quite elated by the result of that as well as my WLS journey.

It does get better ...