Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Sad I Cannot Breathe

Please, please, get your daughter some help--- whatever it takes.

Do not, for an instant, assume it could "never" be drugs. Medical professionals have more access than most others.

Please' date=' please, get your daughter some help--- whatever it takes.

Do not, for an instant, assume it could "never" be drugs. Medical professionals have more access than most others.[/quote']

Drug diversion is not uncommon.

Check her into MH services. Get a refund for her trip and you go to Europe and enjoy yourself. Sounds like you need a break.

There has already been enough advice but I can offer a couple other points on this:

1) the time starts ticking if you want someone evaluated against their will. So- it's too late to do a whole lot if she is not currently (at this moment) an imminent risk.

2) third party petitions are NOT easy to get and were designed to get people help before the emergency detention system was developed.

State statues are different. If something happens like this again please contact your local crisis center (human services) and/or police for a "welfare check".

So sorry you have experienced this. Not knowing your daughter and knowing history is hard to really say. Parenting at all ages is hard huh? Hugs to you

OMG, I am so sorry for you. sounds like your daughter had an emotional break. She needs to be evaluated immediately. I think all the advice above is right on target. Call the police, have her evaluated in the ER and go from there. As the mom of a 10 year old with serious mental heath problems, my heart goes out to you. God bless.

bmi.png

Yes, I must admit that even here in australua unless you've actually done something, ie if she had actually jumped out of the car, it is almost impossible to even get an evaluation, let alone a bed.

I wish you and your family the best in these scary and confusing times *peace*

It is very possible she is taking drugs. Nurses DO have access and the impaired nurse is a big problem in the profession. I agree she needs evaluating. Good luck getting that for her. Praying for your family!

Please do not wait to get your daughter help.

I took my friend, S, to Disney one afternoon. She totally freaked out ( screaming and cursing at the ride attendants ) and worked herself up into a full mode panic attack. I got her home and called her Mom, who was in total denial. I called our pastor and he had her hospitalized. She cried and her Mom got her released.

She also was an RN. She was taking drugs from the hospital medical cabinet. 2 months later, our pastor did a memorial service for her. It could all have been avoided.

I'm so sorry for your loss kzben :( I don't have any advice on drugs, never used, never drink, but I hope this isn't the case here...

I have been where you are but I had a brand new grandchild in the mix.. GET HER HELP! I thought I was doing the right thing by giving her space.. If not for the very quick response of a Fort Worth PD dispatcher, I wouldn't have her today ( today is her 25th bday too).. She od'd on pills.. They saved her and she is fine now but...

This afternoon she sent me a text apologizing for her behavior. She knows she had a meltdown of some sort and is very sorry, wants to pay for breaking my windshield and wants a few more days before she sees me. In the past she's said that she thinks she suffers from depression. She has talked about getting help but she doesn't have a family doctor (hers moved away). Hopefully, this is a wake up call for her. Her cousin is a surgeon in the city she will be moving to in October. I bet she could recommend a good doc. So it seems like she will be going with us to Italy (I sure hope so) for two weeks. She'll be with people who love her, no stress, lots of adventures and some time to talk.

A few people on this thread have mentioned drugs. She gets drug tested next week for her new job. I would be surprised if that was the case. She's had minor meltdown in the past, every few years or so. This one shook her up. She knows she needs help.

Good to hear that's she txt you! Good luck and I hope things continue to progress to a healthier point. Have fun on your trip I hope she goes!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Phew :) very happy for the progress!!! Enjoy your trip!

Thank you Cookeeez..You are about her age so you likely get it. She's so sad and lonely. No boyfriend and all of her highschool friends are married and having babies. So she quit her job and is moving to a bigger city that is WAY more expensive and a lot less apartment. Her new job will be as an intensive care nurse (a lot to learn) She's leaving her family and friends, all of her (boring) support. She knows she had a melt down and I believe she knows she needs help. I think being in Italy with no worries for two weeks will help her see things more clearly. I won't give up on her getting some medical support.

Yeah I've had my share :) but you seem to get it too, a huge lot of change to be going through at the same time! I can only imagine how really scary it must be! Theres probably some confidence issues about her identity as a nurse and a woman all rolling around there too. I mean in our 20's nowadays we still go through that teenage identity crisis thing... Hey either way I'm super super glad she's ok! I think a nice therapist (just someone to boost self esteem and reduce negativity) some spa or massage to relax some physical tensions (I promise me time always helps) and maybe a change of diet or some detoxing and shell be much better in no time!!! I'm so thankful you brought thus to us as well, it helps reduce stigma for people like me who have a little more trouble coping than some :) *peace* *god bless*