Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You can check out my signature below to see how I am doing...pretty good I think! I have not been able to start any exercise yet (I had PLANNED on walking daily as well as a free areobics class offered at my school) - but I have a very bad knee! I had hoped the weight loss would have helped improved this problem, but I was dancing in the sand at the beach in June, and reinjured an already bonky knee. I have already had surgery on it once - and it is very frustrating. I am going to go to the doctor this week - hope to get some relief!

Anyway - at 2 months out, I pretty much CAN eat whatever I want, so there is definetly the need for making good choices. I am back at work now - (I am a teacher) - and the regular schedule is helpful. I try to get my prottein in, and limit my carbs! A typical day for me is a greek yogurt for Breakfast (15g protein), a tuna kit for lunch with only 3 of the crackers (19g protein), a string cheese for snack (4g protein), then Protein and veggie for dinner....I am loving Boarshead Bratwurst (18g protein) or Turrkey meatballs. I also LOVE shrimp and fish - so I have a lot of choices.....

Going out is still a little of a challenge - my family went to a chinese buffet - and I ate some chicken and broccoli, a few spicy shrimp and one crab ragoon. ABout 4-5 oz total......I was stuffed! WAY different that what I used to eat! Had about 1/3 of an omelet at Ihop the other day - the spinach, mushroom cheese one - yummy! My friend ate the rest!

I DO struggle to get liquids in - and I make myself drink at least ONE G2 gatorade each day - I think that helps. I take a sublingual B12 once a day and a Multivitamin.....I sometimes forget, but do good most of the time.

I started this journey in tight 22/24 clothes - I am now in an 18. This weekend I cleaned out my closet - and it was amazing to try on some old favorites and have them HANG on me. New underwear are in my future! I have lost over 27 inches all around (neck, waist, thighs, arms) and am looking forward to more.

This surgery can seem so sureal. I never imagined I would wear an 18 again. I did not think it would work for me. I am making good food choices and I am ot starving. I feel good (except for the dang knee) and am so glad I chose this for myself. Prior to the surgery, I would get on this forum and read everyone's experiences - so I wanted to make sure and add mine. I am not on here near as much as before due to work - but if anyone has any questions - I will answer them as I check back in.

God Bless!

I can relate to everything you said- including being a teacher (you're in that group here right?) and the bonky knee (haha funny term). I also can eat and love variety too.

This week I also tried on all these clothes and was so happy going down from the 22/24's 2-3x's to tight 18/1x's. That was really fun. It's so nice to shrink. Kind of makes the whole loss of most of the stomach worth it! :D

I can relate to everything you said- including being a teacher (you're in that group here right?) and the bonky knee (haha funny term). I also can eat and love variety too.

This week I also tried on all these clothes and was so happy going down from the 22/24's 2-3x's to tight 18/1x's. That was really fun. It's so nice to shrink. Kind of makes the whole loss of most of the stomach worth it! :D

How much have you lost so far ? I'm 3 weeks post op and only lost 12 lbs. I'm getting discouraged because it seems like my weight isn't moving. I'm not sure if I'm doing things right I get sick when I drink Protein and I eat soft food. Please let me know what I can do if anything to get this weight off. You seem to be right on track and I wanna have something good to post at my 2 months.

I lost about 7 pounds before surgery and then around 7-8 each of my first 4 weeks.

I think it just happens when you follow the rules.

I relied on the high Protein ready to drink (delicious but expensive) shakes from Vitamin World like Oh Yeah (32 Protein, 2 carbs), Pure Protein in a can (35 grams of pr.) and Premier Protein (found at Sam's, costco, BJ's) in the beginning making sure that I never went to bed without at least 60 grams of protein- basically 2 shakes. Also I am able to drink Water so that can make some frustrated but it also helps with loss-- I do try all the sugar free mixes in it for variety. It's such a balancing act with timing because of the waiting times with Water before and after meals but not getting dehydrated, getting the protein and referring back to my manual from the Dr. helped- plus reading here daily.

Oh and I am addicted to Edy's sugar free popsicles.

Everyone's Dr. has different rules about what to eat and when so if you tell more about what you like and are allowed I can give you more examples. I really believe in variety. During my soft stage I ate that Shelly's Ricotta bake and refried Beans and cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese sticks, eggs w/ cheese, cream of wheat (started that at liquid). Ooh camomile and peppermint teas really helped me when I needed soothing..Please write back if you need anything else. Good luck!

How much have you lost so far ? I'm 3 weeks post op and only lost 12 lbs. I'm getting discouraged because it seems like my weight isn't moving. I'm not sure if I'm doing things right I get sick when I drink protein and I eat soft food. Please let me know what I can do if anything to get this weight off. You seem to be right on track and I wanna have something good to post at my 2 months.