Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Name Your Sleeve?

I know people are having fun with this, but let me tell you why I would never consider naming the sleeve. It is still my stomach, it is still me, it is just a smaller stomach. I am working to de-emphasize food and eating in my life, to make it just be a normal way to get sustainance. I just feel like naming it gives it too much focus, too much of a centerstage and potentially, too much power (in my own mind).

While the names are creative and fun, I'm with you. It's just my stomach.

I call mine Sweet Pea. And yes, it's just in fun. As in "my little sweet pea did not like Unjury chicken soup". Soup in, soup out :-(

I find this idea off-putting and slightly creepy. Why would you want to name your sleeve? It's not new' date=' it's not a special friend or a cute fluffy pet, and it's certainly not a seperate entity. I hate when men name their d^cks and women name their boobs. It's still part of us. It's our stomach, it's just smaller and more normal sized now. What we had before was an endless abyss inside of us, or a monster that was always hungry. Surgery helped us out in desperation and made it so that we don't overeat. It's not cute. I find it embarrassing that I had no willpower before surgery; I hate the fact that my eating habits were so bad that I had to resort to this. I am very thankful that my stomach is now much smaller, but I won't be talking to it or petting it.[/quote']

You can't take life so seriously sometimes. Crazy silly humor (obviously along with moral support) is what helped me get through 3 months of h*llish complications in and out of the hospital. You don't like it, that's your opinion, move on. Trust me though, I think a biiiig amount of us feel that way about this is how far it's taken us to do something though!

To all the people hating on having a little fun, a wise man (Van Wilder) once said....

You shouldn't take life to seriously... You'll never get out alive!

I live by this every day! Lighten up a bit and have some fun! :)

To all the people hating on having a little fun' date=' a wise man (Van Wilder) once said....

You shouldn't take life to seriously... You'll never get out alive!

I live by this every day! Lighten up a bit and have some fun! :)[/quote']

Working on that myself! Thanks

Sooo agree with the above posts!! Yes I have been sleeved..1 month on Sunday!! I've lost around 30 lbs.. I try to stay away from the scale so not sure on exact #... Yes it's just my stomach.. But the names make me giggle.. Will I call my stomach by a name in public?? Probably not.. But it doesn't hurt to laugh and have fun with it.

Btw might have to name mine "Lifesaver"

I am very thankful that my stomach is now much smaller' date=' but I won't be talking to it or petting it.[/quote']

I will be petting my tummy ALL THE TIME. Who doesn't feel better after a tummy rub? I'm not sure about naming it, but I thought of a few names: Sleeven Colbert and Sleevie Wonder.

I love all the names everyone is coming up with!!!!! I think I'll name mine slim.

I recall someone on here referring to their sleeve as Chewbacca because of the noises it makes and that certainly resonated! I have been known to talk back to my sleeve in Chewbacca style! But I can't say I have named it as such.

While I know it is still my stomach, there are still times when it feels foreign and as though we are still getting acquainted.

Copy that!

Copy that indeed! :P

CoolBreeze

Sooo agree with the above posts!! Yes I have been sleeved..1 month on Sunday!! I've lost around 30 lbs.. I try to stay away from the scale so not sure on exact #... Yes it's just my stomach.. But the names make me giggle.. Will I call my stomach by a name in public?? Probably not.. But it doesn't hurt to laugh and have fun with it.

Btw might have to name mine "Lifesaver"

WooHoo .... Say again! :D

CoolBreeze

I haven't been sleeved yet, but gave been referring to my future pouch. "My pouch will be able to just hold this much" "my pouch won't be able to eat this and that" etc.

It is like my stomach (whom I do not like very much right now) will move out and pouch will move in. By having a name for it (even though mine is boring), I feel I'm riding myself of the hatred for my stomach and replacing it with something positive. just another way of making a new start.

Great thread....I name everything, my TV, my IPod, my sewing machine so why not my new tummy. I'll be thinking on a name while I'm awaiting a surgery date.

I say lighten up all you sour pusses out there!