Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If that's the case I will just find an alternative to get me drunk. Just kidding, lol

FYI - I just asked my doc about beer. Here's what he said:

Beer or any alcohol r no problem- just will feel it faster and calories with no nutrition. But no danger with alcohol.

Water is boring and I was asking seriously so if you have nothing to add then don't. I am a little over 3 weeks post op. and I am having my annual party at my tiki bar next week.

Its too early for you to drink by any doctors standards.

Water is boring and I was asking seriously so if you have nothing to add then don't. I am a little over 3 weeks post op. and I am having my annual party at my tiki bar next week.

You might have noticed how these overly sensitive perfect people on here tried to rip me a new one becuz I said I had my 1st drink @ 3 weeks..and I will say again I had my cocktails already..worked out next day..no weight gain..5 weeks out and still have my cocktails and lost 13 lbs from week 3 to week 5..I say do you! Sip slow and I'll suggest u have something on the rocks!! These people on here can be so judgmental I'm not peeping thru your window when u take a bite of a ham sandwich b4 u reach 6 weeks so don't a girl and her cocktails....POW! And in that order...drops the mic!!

If that's the case I will just find an alternative to get me drunk. Just kidding' date=' lol[/quote']

That iggychic will call the VSG police on you so watch what u say!!! LOL..she went way left on me today...

Randgalt is that the same as soda because I also have heard soda is a no no. Thanks MJ I am with you on that note. Funny I had a stall went out last night and this morning BAM scale moved 3 lbs. I was think my sleeve enjoyed those 2 cocktails I had last night and maybe I needed a few extra calories.

I have had wine. I read a blog by someone on here that talked about cycling between tipsy and sober. This is the way it has been with me also. One minute I might feel tipsy then quickly nothing. I haven't tried anything besides wine. I went through this surgery so I could live and enjoy my life in moderation. Good luck.

Randgalt is that the same as soda because I also have heard soda is a no no.

Here's what he said about soda :

No problem. I would pour. To reduce carbonation in short term so u don't feel bloated

BTW - one of the reasons I chose Dr. Lavin is because he's so reasonable.

He sounds very reasonable. I went to Mexico and the only downside to that is no one to ask the questions to privately. Happy to have the forum though ;)

I'm 8 weeks out and had a glass of wine with my girls the other night and no problem!!!!

I don't think you should drink this soon post op. even though you may feel good on the outside our bodies are still healing on the inside. My Dr told me if at all possible to avoid drinking till I get to my goal weight and maintain it. If all else fails I know you wanna hang with the girls and have fun but have virgin fruity something your health is more important

That iggychic will call the VSG police on you so watch what u say!!! LOL..she went way left on me today...

I don't care if you drink til you turn blue honey. But you decided to drive under the effects. It's not the vsg police you need to worry about. The op here said her party is at home and I'm assuming she's intelligent enough to stay there or be driven home. I have zero tolerance for people who endanger the lives of others for a drink. Two cocktails in is not when you make the decision to "drive responsibly"

Seeing everyone's been drinking I'd just say be careful I totally understand being normal and enjoying friends, but just remember why you decided to have the surgery. Take care and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do; this is a forum and it's just my opinion good luck to you and don't worry about the negative people they exist everywhere :)

I was wondering the same thing. I'm about 11 weeks out and haven't had a drink yet. Surprisingly, I don't miss it too much, but I think that's just because I've been really busy lately and haven't really had the opportunity to. I know the first time I go to Vegas, to a wedding, or out with my girls it will be an issue...lol I'm a beer drinker too, but don't want to risk stretching out my sleeve. (This journey has NOT been easy and I'm not willing to EVER do it again) I was thinking Crystal Light and Grey Goose might be a good option...