Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home from GB surgrey.

Hi everyone, Thank you for your prayers and well wishes!!!:)

I had surgery at 7:30am Friday 15th. Surgery took 1 1/2 hours and then I was in recovery for another 1 1/2 hours. I guess I got kind of angry when I was waking up because I am told that I pulled out my IV'S.:omg: I remember thinking that I couldn't breath and then they were giving me a breathing treatment. One nurse told me that the anesthesia caused my Asthma to act up. What? I don't have asthma. They figured it out and just had to calm me down. Oh well I can now breath just fine. LOL I was put in the short stay wing of the hospital and was well taken care of. I needed NO pain pills at all. They kept asking "are you sure?" Nope I don't need them!! I was up walking (with walker) within 1 hour.My nurse said I was the BOMB!! LOL BUT again just like my last surgery I COULDN'T PEE!! Had to get a straight cath to empty my bladder. Then after that I started peeing on my own.:clap2:

The same surgeon that put in my band did this surgery also. He said that my GB looked angry:angry and that while he was in there he went up and took a look at my band and everything there looks great. I can get a refill on the 26th when I see him for my post-op appt.

I left the hospital the next day (Saturday) at about 2;30pm. I stayed that late only because they wanted to give me my last round of antibiotics before I left. The trip home was a little hard and I was wishing for some of the pain pills I turned down. Today I am fine with very little pain. I could go back to work tomorrow BUT I'm NOT!:) I am going to take another me day!!!

Well again Thanks.

So glad to hear everything went great. Hope you have a very fast recovery and that's great on getting your refill. Hope your up to par fast.

Congratulations coyotegirl! Welcome to bandland! It sounds like your surgery went very smoothly, despite your post-anethesia mini-melt-down! Weird about the catheter thing though. Hmmmm.

Glad you're feeling well, best wishes going back to work.

I am glad that everything went well for you and that your band is looking good too! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Glad everything went so well. Take it easy, you may feel like a million bucks but you still need to heal and that takes rest. (((hugs))) ~Mandy

I had my GB out in 1997 and remember the gas pains like they were yesterday. I hope you dont get any of them. mine came around day 3 and went away around day 6 or 7.

I am being banded on Friday the 22nd and am a little nervouse about those horrible gas pains up in my shoulders....

Yay that it's all over and you're on the road to recovery! Take good care of yourself and rest up. Congratulations on another step to better health! :biggrin1:

I am glad that you are over the scary part! Sounds like you are quite a trooper as far as surgery goes.

Take care, Shawn

Thanks everyone. Today (Wednesday) was my 1st day back to work. NOt too bad just very tired when I got home. I rested a little then decided to go food shopping. Not a good decission because half way through

Wal-Mart I was crying like a baby because I was soooooo tired. People were looking at me strange and asking me if I was Ok. I would just cry and say yeesss :):D

Tomorrow I will go to work then come home and stay home!!!

Thanks again everyone! You're the BEST!!

Hi Terri. My name is Susannah, and i live in Australia. I had my gall bladder out in 1985 long before laproscopic surgery. Man I did it tough, having open surgery and being only 15 years old!:omg: Pain. I was a month getting over it.:omg: . Glad you didn't suffer that. Susannah