Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Pain Did You Have?

I read alot on here before my surgery, and it seemed to me that most people didn't have that much pain.i know everyone is different, but I am really uncomfortable. Just wondering how everyone else was affected.

When I first woke up I rated my pain a 6. This was my 4th abdominal lap procedure and 2nd Wls and I had never previously rated my pain above a 3.

The procedure itself did not cause that much pain. I was a revision and my surgeon had to work some scar tissue magic. I was also given morphine instead I'd diluted. Morphine doesn't do much for me. And most of the pain came from the infamous access incision.

sorry for typos, tiny ipAd keyboard and autocorrect.

I had some pain i breathed thru it once the morphine stopped working after three hours

Maybe like a 6 ill tie it with the amount of my menstraual cramps. I just slid out the bed slept in a recliner took maybe a week for pain to leave

I'd rate the pain about a 6 also. I found the gas pain to be worse than the incision pain. I just wanted to sleep the first day & night & have slowly felt a bit better each day. im one week post-op today :). Best of luck with your surgery - you will do fine :)

I didnt have much pain (maybe a 2) but the nausea was THE worst. I was on 3 nausea meds.

The incision pain is the worst where they took the stomach out. I guess it is about a six, I just was getting worried since it seemed like I was having more pain than I should, but I guess I'm right where everyone else was. its hard to get comfortable cuz I can't lay on my side, it hurts to much. but whats more uncomfortable is this gas pain I think. Ugh I'm so bloated and it feels like it's never gona move.

I found the pain to be much worse than my last 2 lap surgeries. The incision where they pull the stomach out of was a like a burning, fiery pain. I had never felt that before. Also, the nausea and vomiting caused me to be very sore in my neck, shoulders, and back. The gas pain has been minimal. I was given IV Tylenol every 8 hrs, so I never touched the dilaudid pump. I'm somewhat of a minimalist, so I just dealt with the pain. There's no real way to get any rest in the hospital, so once I slept off the anesthesia, I used that time for walking the floor. Hope you feel better.

Ifeel for you,i absolutely hate feeling nauseous. I haven't been nauseated at all, thankfully.

My only pain came from the gas or air they pumped in to make sure nothing leaked. Other than that it was pretty painless.

I didnt need any pain meds after the first day & a half. I had the most pain right after surgery. Like others have said I rate my first day about a six.

My surgery was three days ago. I came home yesterday and the nausea was horrible I threw up before I got zofran. Lots of pain.I don't regret the surgery. Its funny how different we all do. Having a hard time drinking anything at all. Hopefully that gets better today.

The gas pain is the worst, I was going nuts.

After I was discharged from the hospital I could not sleep or sit or anything until I got some medication for gas. It was a chewable over the counter thing and it made hell of a difference.

I did not need any pain killer or anything else really.

On a one to ten I was initially at a 12 to 14. When I broke my arm I was a six if that tells you how I felt. I've been there for the first five days and now on Valium I've dropped to a six. I am one week out