Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi Almost 5 Months Out 42 Lbs Gone

Hi my name is Debbie and I to will be heading to TJ but not until Oct 29th' date=' I went in for a revision at the end of June this yr and came home with just my band out as they found that the band had eroded. Are you driving yourself? are you going alone?. If you are driving yourself I have to say that I don't think you should. My husband went with me and drove the 5/6 hrs. home and I was just miserable the whole way, I can't even imagine how I would have been had I had to drive myself. You can PM me with your phone # if you want to talk to someone with first hand knowledge, I will be glad to talk to you! but if you will have a driver you will be fine, if you will be flying you will be fine.[/quote']

Thanks for your input. I am going alone. My kiddos are still little and I have reservations about taking them to Mexico although all my coworkers take their kids to Rocky Point without problems. I think I will price some flights. My only complaint so far is that I am getting very vague times for the day I go home.

Who will be there to watch your kids?

Who will be there to watch your kids?

My husband will be there.

Hello everyone I also have a low bmi of 35 and was wondering has anyone with a low bmi had loose skin issues?

people with less that 100lbs tp lose in generql tend to have less issues with skin as others do. but there are some factors, such as how lomg youve carried the weight, do you exercise, etc. for those of us who exercise we have the best chance of having zero to no lose akin issues.

Congratulation! You are doing great! I had a high BMI and a lot of weight to lose. I am 11 lbs from being half way to goal. That will be a significant goal for me!

I was a light weight (BMI of 33 at surgery) and I have several sleeve friends including my sleeve buddy who are in the exact same situation as me... what we've all agreed on is the light weighters/low BMI's normally have 1 or 2 (maybe even 3) areas that are the worst. For me and my sleeve buddy it was definitly in our tummys. I can't tell you how many times people mistook me for being prego- I kept a large part of my fat there because of my build. Secondary area were my thighs... then maybe a bit in my chest and upper body. So when I do lose the weight, I figure 90% of my body will okay and shrink too, but I think I might have permanent damage to my tummy area. Once I'm 18 months post op I'm going to re-examin my tummy/skin and see if I need plastic surgery. IF it's super bad I will do it, if it's tolerable I'm not. I can live with stretch marks, just don't want to deal with severe extra baggy skin.

Way to go! I started at 209 and am 174 today. (surgery 7/18)

people with less that 100lbs tp lose in generql tend to have less issues with skin as others do. but there are some factors' date=' such as how lomg youve carried the weight, do you exercise, etc. for those of us who exercise we have the best chance of having zero to no lose akin issues.[/quote']

I wouldn't say that I exercise a lot but I do have a physical job, I'm a mail carrier and am walking all day long.

well that will be good for your legs and arms, but you might want to just have a consult with a professional body/builder, trainer to ensure you are working on the areas most at risk for you. ill be doing the same if im ever allower to leave this damn bed lol

I'm in Az too in NW valley of Phx. Just scheduled today with Dr. Kelly for 9/22. I also have similar stats and goals. I am trying to decided if I should fly to San Diego or will I feel up to driving 5 hours home after surgery. Any insight? I have had multiple abd surgeries and have always sailed through with minimal pain/fatigue.

I drove, it was awful...If it's not too late, fly. For real, awful.

HI there, Congrats!

I was a low BMI start weight as well. I am 7mo post op and feel like I have loose skin. My workouts are more cardio than weight lifting so I am going to gear up for a weight lifting plan to take care of it. I'm thinking that age has alot of to do with it as well. I'm 45 yo but wasn't that heavy for my entire life just after the kids :) Honestly, I think it all starts in our heads and with our decisions. Just a make a good decision each and every day and you'll be happy!