Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Truthful Regrets, Anyone?

It's very nice reading this post as I too am having many regrets. I was sleeved on 6/13/2016; 3 weeks out and I am miserable. I cannot eat much food at all, and the food I do eat doesn't want to come out on its own. I too keep asking myself what did I do?? I am scheduled to go back to work next Tuesday, but honestly don't feel I'm ready. I'm very tired and weak ~ lack of food I'm sure. I just pray everyday that I will start to feel better. Right now it just makes me sad.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's very nice reading this post as I too am having many regrets. I was sleeved on 6/13/2016; 3 weeks out and I am miserable. I cannot eat much food at all, and the food I do eat doesn't want to come out on its own. I too keep asking myself what did I do?? I am scheduled to go back to work next Tuesday, but honestly don't feel I'm ready. I'm very tired and weak ~ lack of food I'm sure. I just pray everyday that I will start to feel better. Right now it just makes me sad.

God bless you Ms. CoCo. We're going to make it though cause God is gonna get us through! ???? This too shall pass. I know for sure I'm not ready to go back to work but I went with the minimum time my dr recommended. Ooh but if I'd known what I know now. Smh, my job is sedentary so it shouldnt be too bad. But I'd much rather focus on rest, fluids, and these forsaken shakes. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

God bless you Ms. CoCo. We're going to make it though cause God is gonna get us through! This too shall pass. I know for sure I'm not ready to go back to work but I went with the minimum time my dr recommended. Ooh but if I'd known what I know now. Smh, my job is sedentary so it shouldnt be too bad. But I'd much rather focus on rest, fluids, and these forsaken shakes. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

If you feel you need more time you should really ask the dr to update your paperwork. I'm scheduled for 7/18 but my office has said they will follow my lead on when I am ready and fill out any STD/FMLA leave paperwork I need.

Those who know me at this site know what I've been through during the whole sleeve process. I've had my share of complications and difficulties and I've also had my share of regrets. But I can honestly say I have overcome all of it. The weight will start dropping and you'll feel better everyday. You'll be able to do things you either never have done or wanted to be able to do again. You will get surprising comments from people, wonderful compliments. Children will even take notice and you know how honest they can be. food will become something for survival and necessity instead of a habit and you will wake up one morning and realize it and things will just change..your eyes will open. You are so early out, it's very difficult to put things into perspective at this time so I would just focus on doing what your supposed to do..fluids, Protein, excercise,,etc..and let the warm fuzzy feelings come with time. I know it's so hard but you made a decision to take charge of your life. It doesn't seem like the perfect thing having the surgery right now but you will be so glad someday soon and all the bad experiences you are having will fade. Although it's so wonderful, it's not just about the cute clothes or the compliments for me. I'm going to be so much healthier and live my life instead of watching others around me live theirs.

Your last comment about watching other people live their lives solidified my decision. My friend who agreed to go with me to Mexico backed out just now because she said it's too risky. I hung up the phone and cried my eyes out saying to myself why does everyone else get to live and not me...I came on this sight and read this comment. I have zero support. ZERO. This really helped me. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App

I am 5 weeks post sleeve and am so very sick! Been admitted to er 4 times, given iv fluids for dehyration and sent home. Can eat a couple of teaspoons of Soup, tiny sips of Protein Shake & 2 oz of applesauce a day and some Water. Anything else and I'm vomiting! My surgeon doesn't care that I'm in stage 1 & extremely weak, dehydrated & getting worse. Do I regret this sleeve surgery in Las Vegas??? You BET I DO. Not once did my surgeon come to see me to reassure me, check on me, nothing. Over a month post OP & getting weaker everyday.

Edited by Sonia123
Misspell

No regrets at all. I'm a little over six months out. Have lost 110 lbs since my surgery... but it takes alot of work. I work out daily and try my best to stay away from foods I know are bad.

I use an app for Samsung called Samsung health that let's me chart my food and exercise.. which helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

You better seek some more help, even from a PCP. As down as you are the next step may be a PICC line and TPN, been there , did that for 3 months, I'm better now but I believe giving my gastrointestinal system a chance to rest and heal saved my life. If they want that done for you, it is Not all that bad, and it sure beats being close to death, and honey I do want you to get and feel better!Please keep me updated on how you do, okay?