Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications After Surgery.

I had my surgery on 8/9/12 and have not not had any problems till about two days ago. I started with right flank pain' date=' I talked to the nurse and she said I was probably exercing to much. All I've done for excercise is walk on the tread mill for a hour at 2.0 to 3.0 mph. Needless to say I didn't go to the gym the last two days but I did take a 15 min stroll in my neighborhood today. However, on Friday night my throat started hurting. I slep til 2pm on Sat, thank gosh for my husband, he kept the kids out of my hair. This morning was 10x worse my chest is super heavy, when I breath in it hurts and I have a cough that keeps bringing up green chunks, yuk! It's also making my head pound! Of course, I am paranoid because of the recent surgery, I don't wanna end up with pneumonia or blood clots from being in active but at the same time I'm embarrassed to go to the doctors. I'm sure it's just a cold but after reading your story and just knowing all the different complications I am worrying terribly. I know my senario is nothing like yours but I still can't help but worry.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if you were on Iv fluids? I don't remember reading that. Thank you for all of the updates, EVERYONE IS ROOTING FOR YOU TO HAVE A COMPLETE AND SPEEDY RECOVERY!!!![/quote']

My situation is different than the original poster here but I've dealt with a lot of complications. go to the ER now. if they do a CAT scan of us the important thing you need to know that the dye needs to be administered IV not oral. don't drink it. really you need to make sure you don't have a leak or anything bad which can still happen at this time just to be safe

Be sure that you stay alive for those kids

Omg I had the exact same symptoms with 103.7 fever ...... Went to ER ..... They found nothing.... I couldn't breathe either ..... Tons of chest and shoulder pain ...... They did CT, upper gi and X-rays ..... They did bw and found my lipase was up and potassium was down... Got 5 bags of kcl and fluids.... They did start heparin injections... They said I was dehydrated but doesn't explain fever and chest/shoulder pain... I was sleved aug 16 .... Readmitted on the 27th for 3 days ... Scared of get dehydrated again since I'm drinking all I can and thought I was doing god w fluids before that happened

Praying for your full recovery! So glad you knew to go to the er. When i have pains, I just blow them off as side effects. Your story has opened my eyes to be more watchful to my body aches and pains. So sorry for your complications.

I had my surgery on 8/9/12 and have not not had any problems till about two days ago. I started with right flank pain' date=' I talked to the nurse and she said I was probably exercing to much. All I've done for excercise is walk on the tread mill for a hour at 2.0 to 3.0 mph. Needless to say I didn't go to the gym the last two days but I did take a 15 min stroll in my neighborhood today. However, on Friday night my throat started hurting. I slep til 2pm on Sat, thank gosh for my husband, he kept the kids out of my hair. This morning was 10x worse my chest is super heavy, when I breath in it hurts and I have a cough that keeps bringing up green chunks, yuk! It's also making my head pound! Of course, I am paranoid because of the recent surgery, I don't wanna end up with pneumonia or blood clots from being in active but at the same time I'm embarrassed to go to the doctors. I'm sure it's just a cold but after reading your story and just knowing all the different complications I am worrying terribly. I know my senario is nothing like yours but I still can't help but worry.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if you were on Iv fluids? I don't remember reading that. Thank you for all of the updates, EVERYONE IS ROOTING FOR YOU TO HAVE A COMPLETE AND SPEEDY RECOVERY!!!![/quote']

You mean IV fluids while in the hospital currently? Yes, I was. I was on IV heparin for blood thinner and IV saline for "regular fluids" they took me off heparin I think yesterday or the day before. They took me off fluids today. No active fluids at the moment

May God help you to be healed a stranger is praying for you;)

Cheers

Parris

Well, hopefully you can start getting all the fluids in on your own. Still rooting for ya!

Just thought i would update everyone. I'm not in the ICU anymore as of the day before yesterday. They have taken me off of oxygen because my breathing has gotten a lot stronger than before, although it's still painful to inhale somewhat. Typically my pain when I breathe is on my right side where my ribcage is(in the back) and it radiates to my right shoulder, but yesterday I "suddenly" ( within 20 mins ) developed a pain under my left breastbone area that radiated to my side. It's one thing after another! I'm pretty sure they're going to do another CT scan, which wrecks my nerves because it's so hard for me to lay flat...last time they did one I went berserk. Anyway, as of this second the pain on my left side is not present, but the pain on the right is back. I'm just getting so annoyed with all of this. It's a never ending situation, or so it seems. I just want to go home.

Kimberlee stay strong you are dealing with a lot! Im wishing you strength and hoping you get better soon. Thanks for keeping us posted in your progress I'm praying for you. Could you tell me your weight pre op?

Well I had my surgery 8/20. At my pre-op appointment on 8/14, I was 256. I had just started my preop diet the day before, on the 13th. Yesterday they told me my most recent weight ( had to have been taken like 3 or 4 days ago) is 235.

Thanks for keeping us all updated. We're all praying for a speedy recovery.

:)

I'm having some back sliding too kimberlee. I hope this new issue is just a side effect of the others and not a new worry. You are in my thoughts dear!

How are you doing? I have not seen you around. I pray you are on your road to recovery and they identified your issues. Please let us know how you are.