Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in my fourth week out from surgery and every time I eat I get really bloated and gross feeling. Does this mean I am eating too much? In example, I just had a soft scrambled egg for dinner and ate about 2/3rds of it and I feel so bloated.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, bloating is common. As you progress post-surgery, everything will change. What you might not be able to consume now, you might be able to later. Seems like I was just bloaty with most every thing at your point post op. And, your tastes might also change. Seems like dairy is a common issue with bloating. A lot of times and you will learn this, is you have to stop eating before you think you are full or think you need to (I know it seems like you aren't eating much at all), as you will get bloaty. I seem to have a delayed reaction or it is my brain hunger that tells me to keep eating, but the stomach says...no way and some times too late which leads to bloating, burping and very uncomfortable feeling. It has also caused me to throw-up a few times. Even though you think you are eating a very small amount, some times it is just a bit too much and you have to throw up. Yes, not very appealing, but it happens.

Good luck.

Thanks CA. I really appreciate your input. I think you are right and I probably need to focus on eating MUCH slower and more cautious than I have been. I believe I have the same fullness signal issue as it was a problem for me pre-sleeve. This is really such a learning process!

same here...I will get the bloated feeling if I overeat. the one thing that isnt to bad is that if I do need to throw up at least there isnt any stomach acid in it, so it tastes the same going out as it did going in. you will get better at telling when you are full as you go along. now I know if I get the hiccups it is time to stop or I will feel very uncomfortable.

good luck! :)

I'm in my fourth week out from surgery and every time I eat I get really bloated and gross feeling. Does this mean I am eating too much? In example, I just had a soft scrambled egg for dinner and ate about 2/3rds of it and I feel so bloated.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I have the same problem. Bloating and gasey stomach. Even when I drink Water. I have tried Gas Relife tables. Did not work. And I can't over eat because even low fat yougart causes Bloading. I need HELP. I make a mistake doing this Surgery ????☹️????

I am in my 4th week and I feel the same way. I have family members who have had WLS, and they tell me it gets better as time goes by. You'll be able to eat more and expand the types of foods you can eat with less discomfort. Even though I know this, it is very frustrating! We just have to be patient and pay attention to our bodies. Eating S L O W L Y is the key for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I'm still on full liquids so idk what my body is saying to me. I feel the bubbles, I get the bloat, and the burps... walk it off and sit with the mild discomfort. Now I'm reading this like, "oh no! I'm doing this ALL wrong".

What's the full feeling? I'm 3 days post op.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am on almost 8 weeks post op...eating is a chore...no matter how much or if it's water...burping attacks...drains me to the point of exhaustion. So I think I will start picking at food 6 times a day instead of 3 meals. My job has me on the road most of time, making me eat unwanted crap. Start weight 250 12/29/18...now 216. 60 more to go..

Hi everyone I am new this forum, but I can totally relate to the bloating. I am officially two weeks post-op tomorrow and have one day left on full liquids. Is it weird that I am scared to start soft/puréed foods? I already get the bloating and the discomfort if I have just one sip too many so I can only imagine how the next step in the diet will be. Any advice? It gets easier right? Lol

Edited by Maki86