Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Dont Need Your Help..thanks

I went the other day to a local thrift shop. Figured I would start looking for things in various sizes since things come & go so fast in thrift shops. I can never find anything when I need it. Just planning ahead for my journey.

Anywhoo I also have a daughter so I figured I would take a look to see if there was anything for her. I was looking though a basket of shorts & a lady says to me as im digging though .....Those are size 0 & 1's......really i wouldnt have guessed by holding them up. I just ignored her & proceeded to look onto the table. Again she walks right up to me & said the clothes are arranged by size. The bigger ones are down there. (Even those wouldnt have fit)

At this point I could have really made a scene. I just politely told her that I do have a daughter that does were a size 0 so I know what im looking for.

It never seems to amaze me how someone can think they are helping me with comments like that & the tone she used.

Maybe this is the reason I try not to leave the house. Here I was having an exciting day getting things ready for my new life & she ruined it.

OMG, I am so sorry!!! People are so rude i can't believe it. I bet you would have liked to smack her upside the head!!!

You have plenty of friends here!!!

Oh man, that sucks. She was rude! Some people are so dumb and don't think about how much a small comment can hurt others. You handled the situation much better than I would have. Hope your day goes better.

How rude of her!!! That happened to me a while ago when I was looking for a gift for my sister in law and the sales person at the store kept telling me that their biggest size was 13 so.....It is so humiliating! Ugghh

I've gotten that before - shopping for a friend who's a perfect size 2. As if I didn't know I was too fat to wear the clothes where I was (Anne Taylor). I've also bought for myself for future sizes - if something is cute enough I'll want to keep wearing it, I'll buy it in a few sizes down. I've had some comments about that, too.

I've been dressed down in an upscale store before (I had to make an unplanned trip while I was actually just out to buy more stain since I'd taken the day off to stain my deck, so had all sorts of grime all over me), been looking for the item I was asked to pick up, and be redirected to the clearance area where things are "more affordable" and "deeply discounted, so more likely to be in your price range."

I get catty and/or confrontational when I'm offended. (Un)fortunately, I've never been great at just "taking it," especially when it's personal.

B***h please, go make your minimum wage over there, away from me. Shoo. I'm here to spend a lot of money, not be insulted by you.

Yeah... you certainly did handle that situation better than me too. I would have had something smart alecy to say to her. Really, sometimes people should just mind their own busniess.

B***h please, go make your minimum wage over there, away from me. Shoo. I'm here to spend a lot of money, not be insulted by you.

HA!

Wow some people are such flipping arses! Please stay strong and realize the biatch is miserable in her own skin, therefor it makes her feel more superior to make nasty comments.

Similar thing happened to me the other day. I was in an east Indian fabric store trying to buy fabric to match my Indian saree and asked the lady at the counter how much fabric I would need. Instea of giving me a straight answer she said "normally 1 yard but for a person ur size 2 yards will be needed". I lied and told her it was for someone else and 1 yard will do..even though it's for me and I dont plan on having It made until I reach goal (or am close). Wouldn't a person with brains just say 2 yards and If I bought extra fabric then who cares!? She's making more money!!

This world is rude, but its up to us how were to handle it, just dont let them ruin your day,that all comes with being over wt,but its not only us that gets this treatment. Well thank God were doing something about our wt,but the rude people will always be there.

Totally can relate with this. . .I hate when people assume things. . . the other one that i really hate is when people think they have the answer for EVERYTHING and anything and everything you have to say they have to put you down or be condescending. . . but you know it makes them look like real a$$es and really ignorant. At least that is what i think. Thanks for listening to my little rant :)

I wish I could manage to come up with good retorts like Wheetsin. I occasionally manage, but not always. While I've never been told that I should be shopping in another section, I have been pointedly ignored at more upscale department stores.

People can be stupid jerks.

People, don't let jerks ruin your day. They shouldn't have that kind of power over you. If anything you should feel for them because they think nothing of hurting other people's feelings or feeling superior.