Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Does Slider Food Mean?

Oh - no. It's absorbed all right. Our procedure is maybe a super tiny bit malabsorptive in some cases, but all in all it's a restrictive procedure. We're still responsible for what we eat.

It just runs the risk of hitting the small intestine before it's really ready to.

Here's something I've posted previously that might help.

That makes sense to me. If it goes right through it would sort of be unable to be absorbed by the body right?

In the case of the lap-band (IMO, but I did have one for about 6 years) a slider food was something that could get through the stoma without triggering the "full" sensation. Sometimes it was a particular food, sometimes it was anything eaten at a certain time of day, sometimes it was anything, period. Sometimes if something got "stuck" - you could resolve it, and then eat like no one's business. That was one of the weaknesses of the band. Since the full stomach isintact, it can/will hold anything that can get through the stoma, which is a lot of cases would end up being - anything, and in any quantity.

That's part of why sliders with the sleeve don't really equate, and I tend to think of it is 'eat more of similar volume' than 'don't feel restriction'.

so therefore - there is really no such thing as 'slider food' because all food has to be absorbed and processed....which makes sense to me. I remember when I was on the lap band boards they went on and on about slider foods and I thought it meant it was more easy to slide down then getting stuck by the band.

*ahem* I did apologize, thank you very much

That's not an apology. Since you don't know how to apologize, here the translation of what you said:

"I'm sorry IF I made you feel bad, and here's my continued justification for doing something wrong."

Here's what an apology looks like:

"I'm sorry I MADE you feel bad."

*ahem* I did apologize, thank you very much

That's not an apology. Since you don't know how to apologize, here the translation of what you said:

"I'm sorry IF I made you feel bad, and here's my continued justification for doing something wrong."

Here's what an apology looks like:

"I'm sorry I MADE you feel bad."

Can you please take this argument offline?

I know that I am not interested in this childish petty bickering back and forth, and I'm quite certain most of the others trying to read this topic are also likewise uninterested.

Thank you!

No, but thanks for asking. What makes you quite certain? You're the first to comment on it.

Childish and petty bickering is very mature. For proof, check out the Republican and Democratic National Conventions over the next couple of weeks.

Can you please take this argument offline?

I know that I am not interested in this childish petty bickering back and forth, and I'm quite certain most of the others trying to read this topic are also likewise uninterested.

Thank you!

I always thought of the term slider food to be things like ice cream, shakes, puddings,chips...things that breakdown and empty out from the stomach quickly, leaving room for more and more. Obviously, because the sleeve is not a malabsorptive procedure, all those calories will be absorbed. Sliders=poor food choice. That's what I have gleened trolling the threads, but I am no expert!

bmi.png

No, but thanks for asking. What makes you quite certain? You're the first to comment on it.

Childish and petty bickering is very mature. For proof, check out the Republican and Democratic National Conventions over the next couple of weeks.

I have no interested in United States politics. And if they are behaving childishly, it would certainly explain the state of the U.S. economy, foreign policy, national social services, healthcare, etc.

I do know however, that this topic has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with either you and I having this insipid conversation, nor you having an ongoing argument about who apologized for what, or who is a jerk.

Let's give the original poster (OP) some respect and stop hijacking their post with unrelated gibberish. That is the point I was trying to make earlier, but it seems to have escaped you.

If you feel the need to continue this "discussion", feel free to message me privately, or start a new thread of your own.

Moved per your request: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/50389-webchickadee-argument-thread-ripping-on-america-continued/

The hilarious thing is that this all started with me sticking up with someone who was obviously being belittled by another poster. The person I was defending was the one who started the thread. Next time, try reading.

I have no interested in United States politics. And if they are behaving childishly, it would certainly explain the state of the U.S. economy, foreign policy, national social services, healthcare, etc.

I do know however, that this topic has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with either you and I having this insipid conversation, nor you having an ongoing argument about who apologized for what, or who is a jerk.

Let's give the original poster (OP) some respect and stop hijacking their post with unrelated gibberish. That is the point I was trying to make earlier, but it seems to have escaped you.

If you feel the need to continue this "discussion", feel free to message me privately, or start a new thread of your own.

.....I do know however, that this topic has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with either you and I having this insipid conversation, nor you having an ongoing argument about who apologized for what, or who is a jerk......

I love the word "insipid". So rare you get to see it used in a conversation.

As for slider foods, yeah the whole concept really doesn't seem to apply to the sleeve when you really start thinking about it. But my NUT always referred to them, and she mainly associated them with foods that gave you way too many calories for the amount of restriction they gave. Ice cream and chocolates being one big group, but also any kind of chips or crackers because they can be munched up so small that by the time they reach the stomach, they take up very little room but still have huge calories.