Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi im 5'11 and got sleeved on October 3. My pre op weight was 325. I am just shy of a month out and weigh 300. My goal weight is 175.

Girlfriend!!! Don't panic!! Let me give you some stats:

6'2" highest weight 337' date=' weight morning of surgery 306

Goal weight from dietician 212

Personal goal weight 190

"Secret" goal weight 175

Current weight 177

Starting size 3X/4X, 26/28

Current size L shirts (the girls....'nuff said) and M pants, 12/14 tops and 10/12 pants

Shoe size 12W to 11N (not making that up)

I'm so excited to see your message and will be looking forward to seeing your progress!! Whoo-HOO tall girls!![/quote']

In how long did it take u to get to your current weight ???

5'11" here, sleeved on June 18, 2012, 88 lbs lost so far with 69 more to go.

I started at 334 lbs and in 26/28 pants, 4-5x shirts, 12w shoes, 48DD bra (very tight!)

So far size 16 jeans, lg to xl shirts, 42c bra, 11m shoes (I had to give away all my dress shoes, cause they will no longer stay on my feet!)

Yea! So glad to find this thread. I am 5'11" and 285 lbs, still pre sleeve. Have been wondering about all these same things ...

I'm soooo glad I found this group. I am 6'0 currently at 309, my highest ever. I had a baby in January so that contributed an extra 25 pounds. I have always carried my weight well just because of the tallest, but I played basketball and have always been active. Now, I'm 37 and can not get this weight to move. So I am scheduled to have my surgery on Nov. 19 at 7 AM, first one of the day. So I am looking forward to my new life and praying to be sucessfully with this process. Enjoyed reading all the post and I am encouraged for sure. I am currently in a size 20-22 pants, and XL-2xL shirts, in a size 11W shoe. Looking forward to those numbers dropping in all areas!!

What was the recovery time after surgery for everyone?

Hey Group!

My highest weight was 324 and I am 5'10. I am still pre-op with a date of 2/21/13 (self-pay)

I started cutting back on sodas and sugary drinks and lost 7lbs in since 10/1. I will be cutting back on fried foods next and continuing with my strength training until surgery.

I have a goal weight, but not sure if it is accurate because my main goal is to get out of Lane Bryant! (Avenue, Catherines, etc..) I cannot remember how much I weighed when I was a size 12 but that is my target.

get your tall friend on this site! :)

Or send her this link, I started a Facebook group for tall sleevers yesterday so we can all keep up with her! It's a closed group so all posts can only be seen by other members of the group!

https://www.facebook...groups/tallvgs/

I just joined your facebook page! Please add me... I'm 5'10

Hello...this is my first time posting. I was sleeved on 11/14/12 so I'm 5 days out. My weight on surgery day was 312. When I started the options classes at kaiser in June I weighed 336. My goal

Weight is 200lbs, but my batiatrician said I could go as low as 180. I really think being tall is a blessing. We seem to "carry" our weight better. Even being over 300lbs, people told me

They would have never guessed I was that heavy. Im looking forward to shedding this weight. My only concern is loose skin . I'm

32 so I'm hoping my age and elasticity will be my saving grace, but I'm also top

Heavy (46 H) and I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of deflation lol. I'm glad I found this site and look forward to joining others on their weightloss journey

Thank god I found this thread! QNov 28 is my sleeve date -

6'0

Size 26/28

3x tops

The lowest I ever got on my own was 290. Looking to get down to 220ish. I just had my third boy in January and have decided its now or never!

this is great girls! I love hearing all your stories! We've got 30 members now on our "Tall Group!" so we can all keep in touch w/ progress, sizes, etc. It's wonderful!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tallvgs/

Just posting to bump this up the ranks for other tall folks to see. I know when I was considering the sleeve, there was virtually no information from taller women (with one exception), so I really had no idea what to expect. Let me just say it worked for me (from 337 highest weight, 306 day of surgery, to 170 this morning) and at 6'2" I'm wearing size 10 skinny jeans and they're big in the waist. :D Who'd have thunk it?!

I also have one of the pickiest sleeves on the planet--if you search for posts I've made, you'll see that I went through quite a bit of limitation as far as what foods it would tolerate, and I had trouble with excess acid and throwing up for the first two months. I still consider my sleeve "picky," but as it has matured--I'm 19 months out from surgery now--it has gotten much more tolerant of a variety of foods. If you have a picky sleeve, I can sympathize and offer my suggestions.

Hope everyone is moving towards their goals!

Yay!!! I'm so excited! I love to see tall women embrace themselves in all their glory.

Ok so maybe I'm not really tall but I am really fat... Haha

. I'm 5-7 I did request to join the Facebook simple so I have others to talk to on there that had/are getting the sleeve

Thanks for being here tall friends.... (and on the Facebook group) it's just so comforting to see people who's numbers are similar to mine. It seemed all my sleeved friends were closer to five foot tall and I am much closer to six. I am getting close to the middle of my journey and excited for the changes that are taking place.