Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under 180Lbs And Getting Sleeved, Anyone Else?

Libb are u getting sleeve

Woohoo who is your dr

Dr Lopez in mx! Coming from New Zealand and saving a small fortune! He sounds like a bit of a guru on revisions. What r u gonna do?

Sherri3388 I am in exactly the same boat as you! Plus I have a crapband too and it hasn't worked at all! I need the hormones cut off to my brain! I have to workout 1.5 hours a day and eat super healthy only to maintain a bmi of 30. Suuuuucks.

Aren't you going to have to do this with the sleeve also? The sleeve is a tool just like the band. Only difference I found is you can eat healthier foods and its safer

Oh, and not everyone stops being hungry

Really he is considered guru? i gotta look him up

Ms.antiBand...I'm going to have to continue to work at it the rest of my life. I have come to that understanding. I am hopeful that this surgery will assist me. Today I am feeling doubtful though, wondering if ill be the one that it doesn't work for!

He does a lot I've been told and I watched a YouTube video of it (in pretty sure he was the surgeon) dr Lopez in tj Mexico.

Can anyone give me any advice. I was banded four years ago and after a year it slipped and left me really ill and was removed. I have been approved for gastric sleeve surgery because of my history. I am in the UK and will be funding this myself. I weigh 170lb I am 5"3. I am so depressed about the battle with my weight. What is it like living with the sleeve as opposed to the band?

Can anyone give me any advice. I was banded four years ago and after a year it slipped and left me really ill and was removed. I have been approved for gastric sleeve surgery because of my history. I am in the UK and will be funding this myself. I weigh 170lb I am 5"3. I am so depressed about the battle with my weight. What is it like living with the sleeve as opposed to the band?

Compared to the band... It's a piece of cake. No regrets at all. I'm 5 months out and wish I had this instead of wasting so many years sick and dying with the band

My boyfriend is really against it because I was so ill with my band and nearly lost my stomach. The main problem was that the company I had my initial surgery with were unprofessional and left me to sort out the slippage all by myself. Have you lost all of your weight now? Do you have problems with reflux?

I don't have any problems at all. None. That's not to say its a norm though. Read my profile story and you'll see I too had band difficulties, but I knew I was in trouble f I didn't do this surgery.

A very few have surgery complications and some of us have minor problems but nothing compared to the band rate of complications. The band should be not be an option any longer. IMHO

I have researched this a lot more than the band. Suppose I was far too trusting in the medical profession then. How do I read your profile. I am new to this can't seem to find it