Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having Trouble Getting Protein And Water

I'm having a major issue eating I just don't feel like it ... but I'm thirsty as hell ....how did u guys get ur protein... and y does it hurt to eat right now ...even pureed foods

I'm having a major issue eating I just don't feel like it ... but I'm thirsty as hell ....how did u guys get ur Protein... and y does it hurt to eat right now ...even pureed foods

First off when was your surgery? If its very recent forget the Protein till you get your Water in. Hydration is priority #1. As the swelling in your stomach subsides everything will get easier.

It hurts to eat because you just had major surgery on your stomach. There is probably alot of swelling internally as well. It's natural. Now if it's an unnatural pain, like stabbing pains, you should call your doctor.

If you're thirsty, it just means you need to drink Water. Right now the Water is the most important thing, walking 2nd, Protein 3rd. Very few people get in their Protein the first week or 2. Many people don't get it in the first month. The point is to try your best to get it. It will get easier as the days pass.

I'm having a major issue eating I just don't feel like it ... but I'm thirsty as hell ....how did u guys get ur Protein... and y does it hurt to eat right now ...even pureed foods

hun

you just had major surgery August 21 - you are not a week out yet

i was only allowed to drink at this early stage - sure it would be great to get Protein shakes in, but don't worry about getting the Protein now.

Just drink as much as you can, and then drink some more - you don't want to end up in the hospital dehydrated

don't worry about eating anything yet, pureed/mushies or anything - unless your NUT told you otherwise

you just had major surgery, your tummy needs to recup, it will happen, and you will feel better, one day at a time

good luck, take it slow

If you just had surgery on the 21st I can't believe they already have you starting food. I had my surgery the same day and I know every dr is different, but I'm not allowed to start puréed food until week 5 and no Protein until a week after surgery. I would go with what everyone else is suggesting which is also what I'm doing. Water water water first, I'm struggling with that still. Then when you can get that down try protein.

I agree with the majority. You still have swelling and won't have much of an appetite. I focused on fluids and was able to get Protein in with Syntrax Protein powder. I'm 8 weeks out an still eat small portions. I sometimes wonder how patients with gastric bypasses are able to stretch their pouches out and gain the weight back. I'm utterly miserable if I eat more than 1/2 cup of food.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I also had my surgery on the 21st and I drank diluted apple juice and lots of Popsicles. I bought Protein Drinks can't stomach them. Tried the Unjury chicken broth made me nausea and the unflavored Protein smelled and taste ungodly. I feel fine with just drinking. I went for a walk today had a little bit of chicken broth from chicken soap that I could stomach and I felt great no problems. I've already lost 8 lbs. woohoo!!! You'll be fine just stay hydrated and walk as much as you can. Good luck:)

I also was sleeve August 21st. Surgeon said Clear liquids only the first week. Tomorrow I can start full liquids. Yeah!

I have not yet found a decent sugar free popsical. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm a week out Tommmrow, I left the hospital on full liquids, my nuts said to focus on hydration first and then Protein. I'm tolerating everything just fine, I'm down 12lbs! If I were you, I'd just take it slow and worry about staying hydrated with Water rather then getting your protein in at this point.