Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies. Congrats. I'm notice further along than you I am 10 days post op. I have no more gas or bloating. I find a compression wrap helps on the tummy. I am tired I am off pain meds just on Tylenol and surprised how well it works! Haven't needed the zofran in days.

I use tums now because I get really violent ttummy rumbles at the end of the night. I am taking a ppi.

You'll a do great I can't wait until I'm five months out!

Day 1 235

Day of surgery 226

Day 10 post op 215.3

Where do you find a compression wrap?

You can get belly binders at walgreens or Walmart for about $30 ... And to help get the nasty liquid meds down, my nurse said to chase it with a little watered down grape juice... It's flavor is strong enough to cancel out the yuck :)

I'm on day four in hospital of my out patient procedure :(. I lost so much blood I had massive spasms and had to be brought here, where they had to give me two blood transfusions. Talk about buyers remorse! I am now basically where anyone else would be at day one or two. Trying to get enough fluids in so they will let me go home. Walking when I can and hoping for a shower.

For all this....I'd best be down 30lbs lol.

Iggychic - so sorry you have had a rough time! Hang in there, it will get better. What happened that you lost so much blood?

how much is everyone able to drink now around 4-5 days post op? yesterday I got down about 30oz and 3 sf Popsicles. I felt like that was good

but don't know how quickly I should be pushing for the 62 oz fluids.

That's roughly what I'm getting to as well. Am trying to squeeze in a cup of broth as well. When I left the hospital I was told to be getting in 80 oz a day, before surgery that would have been a breeze, right not its hard just getting in the 20-30.

I'm only 2 days out and I have this pressure/gas problem ...and not hungry, just thirsty...still trying to get the sipping part down and my multi Vitamin & pepcid did not play nice this morning...so I found out what the foamies are......UGH

I'd also give just about anything for a BM today...think that would help a lot! LOL or at least be able to pass more gas.Guess I should try to drink some broth, but seems all I really want is Water and/or coffee...oh well will figure it out eventually :)

Iggychic - so sorry you have had a rough time! Hang in there' date=' it will get better. What happened that you lost so much blood?[/quote']

Apparently some people have a lot of capillaries or little veins in their stomach. When they cut and staple normally most are closed off but some have to quit bleeding on their own. They estimate I had about a pint lost into my abdominal cavity. That makes you extremely anemic and your blood pressure tanks which is a great catch 22 because you can't take pain killers cuz they tank your Bp but the painkillers stop the spasms......an ugly circle let me tell you!

And now that I'm home snuggled in my bed with my dear son, I can also share my official weight 4 days out......I've gained 18lbs! :(.

Thank you for the spanks and belly binder info

That's roughly what I'm getting to as well. Am trying to squeeze in a cup of broth as well. When I left the hospital I was told to be getting in 80 oz a day, before surgery that would have been a breeze, right not its hard just getting in the 20-30.

I know the feeling pink! I feel so thirsty at times, and sit with a glass of Water, only to stare at it for 20 minutes before I can even handle it. I used to eat 10 white castles a shot , now I can't sip on water!

How much Water and Protein are y'all getting in? I'm at 23 oz today which is a total failure but I feel like I've worked my arse off! I might have gotten 20g of protein (included in my liquids btw). 64 and 60? Geeze I don't know how that's going to happen!

I was sleeved 8/20. Today I got 80 grams of Protein via 3 shakes with skim milk. I Am still working on fluids and should get about 30 oz of Water in today. I also strained about 10 oz of egg drop Soup for a filler. This is my best day yet.

i would say ive been getting in about 30-40g tops, and i now HATE my protien shakes! I cant wait till I can get them thru Beans ( of all things lol i used to hate beans ) or with cottage cheese.< /p>