Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Visual affirmations

I'm trying to come up with a virual affirmation for weight loss, and I'm wondering if anyone else does this already. If so, what do you use?

In my mind, I'm thinking a vase with those glass marble rocks. I would really like to find something that weighs exactly one pound, but it's going to have to be relatively small. Seeing a vase fill and overflow with rocks might help me through plateaus. It's easy to forget how far you've come.

Anyone have any suggestions? What weighs exactly one pound?

That's a compelling image, Jack. It would make for a pretty good screen saver, especially if you could get those shorts dancing.

I've lost an Olsen twin....~Mandy

ok what is that im getting lap band what is the difference, and just how fast will i loose my weight? i am 231 and only 5'2 diabetic, knee problems, high risk heart disease so yes insurance is covering, i really dont want gastrick bypass , tell me of this option please . :cry

I just tell anyone who ask I've lost a Nicole Ritchie....

:help:

ok what is that im getting lap band what is the difference, and just how fast will i loose my weight? i am 231 and only 5'2 diabetic, knee problems, high risk heart disease so yes insurance is covering, i really dont want gastrick bypass , tell me of this option please . :cry

:help:

Duodenal Switch: How it works

Restriction (Vertical Gastrectomy): The stomach is restricted by dividing it vertically and removing more than 85% of it. This part of the procedure is not reversible. The stomach that remains is shaped like a banana and measures from 4-7 ounces (120-250cc) depending on the surgeon performing the procedure. The nerves to the stomach and the outlet valve (pylorus) remain intact with the idea of preserving the functions of the stomach while reduing the volume. By comparison, in a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, the stomach is divided, not removed, and the pylorus is excluded. The Roux-en-Y gastric bypass stomach can be reconnected(reversed) if necessary.

duodenal-tn.gif

If that is what you are getting, your stomach is cut through!

Banding is just a "belt" around your stomach for food restriction.

How much you lose is gonna be totally up to you. My sis lost 70 with the bypass but gained prob 40 lbs back.

If you do what the doc says you should be fine!

Take care and good luck!

that is not what i want lol i do the lap band thanks one more question will i need Tummy Tuck , i was going for that before i found out insurance paid for the lap band, or so they said i find out on the 11th i figured i would loose my weight first:faint: :think i really hate my body now

gotcha! My doc told me that tummy tucks depend on how old you are, how is the elasticity of your skin, and how long have you been overweight. (the longer the worse it is to get it back in shape) I see your 50 but that certainly doesn't mean you don't have really nice pliable skin. The whole reason I am doing banding over bypass is the plastic surgery issue, 1-2 lbs a week is managable and I should be able to exercise while loosing to keep up with lose skin issue.

Best wishes to you.

oooo----kkkkkkk!!! Huge honking difference between a bypass and a lapband.

That paragraph sums it up pretty well. I love it... but you missed the whole part about the malabsorption. Restrictive part is just the 1st step. What you have there is the SLEEVE. The gastric sleeve is the 1st part of a Duodenal Switch without the intestinal bypass.

And the Duodenal Switch bypass has the least regain stats of all the surgerys. I bet your sister had RNY. :)

oooo----kkkkkkk!!! Huge honking difference between a bypass and a lapband.

That paragraph sums it up pretty well. I love it... but you missed the whole part about the malabsorption. Restrictive part is just the 1st step. What you have there is the SLEEVE. The gastric sleeve is the 1st part of a Duodenal Switch without the intestinal bypass.

And the Duodenal Switch bypass has the least regain stats of all the surgerys. I bet your sister had RNY. :)

Yeah my sis had RNY...I only posted that because Helensmith had duodenal switch in her title but then mentioned banding....I thought she was asking what is the difference. I was just giving the general idea.

Personally I would never let anyone cut thru my stomach--but that is personal preference.

I always thought I wouldn't either until the band became useless in my body and I had to pull out plan B. I know none of the bandsters who eroded were happy to have their stomachs cut through.

Most of us who are obese have a stomach that is incredibly stretched out. When they removed part of it (which I'd rather have than have a blind stomach (RNY) hanging out there that anything can happen to, and can't be scoped) all they really did was make it a normal skinny person size. (Not trying to convince you or the like, just something for anyone who feels this way to think about).

I don't know much about ounces, but I know I can eat a lunch size lean cuisine, or a whole pb&J, or about a 4 inch sub, more than when I was banded, and I feel genuinely full.

In the end, I'm happy, and thats what really matters to each of us. It is wonderful to have choices, especially when your first when didn't work out.

I'd venture to say that the plastic surgery issue isn't the whole reason you choose banding over bypass...and honestly when I had lost 105 pounds with the band I had the same amount of loose skin as I have now, with a 105 lb bypass loss. Experts still fight over if slow vs. fast weight loss has anything to do with it.

Back to the original topic.....Sorry for the HIJACK!