Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Stall Already

I was sleeved 8/6/12. By 8/15/12 I was down 16 lbs. As of today, the 26th day of being sleeved, I am down 16.5. Is this stall normal? I do find myself grazing, could that be the problem.

Yes, your stall is normal. Many of us (Myself included) stall in the first few weeks. If you use the search function and look up week 3 stall you will find a number of posts on this. So far my stall has lasted a bit over 2 weeks, but I've heard of some lasting up to six weeks. Just make sure you're getting in your fluids and Protein and walking and eventually the weight will come off. Your body is still just adjusting. Measure today and then in a week or two measure again - you will see that even though you're stalled you're still losing inches. If you can, try and put the scale away. I have a hard time ignoring the scale, but I have been able to keep it put away for a few days now, and I feel less stressed about it. Hang in there!

Haven't had mine yet but my doc said my weight loss was to be over an 18 mo period. I'm later so it will come off faster say someone that only needs to loose 60 lbs unlike me 100+. Therefore if I loose like I'm supposed to that's 9 lbs a month!

I "stall" about every 7-10 days, and it typically lasts 5-7 days, then I start losing again, and will lose 5-7 pounds in the next week. I've run through this cycle several times now, and have come to accept it as "normal" (so it doesn't cause me stress when I get stuck for a few days). This week is a "losing" week, and I am losing...even though I'm grounded from going to the gym, because of a nasty hip injury. :) Best of luck!

I think the first big loss after the surgery is mostly Water weight like with any diet. But instead of gaining the water weight back you will keep losing real weight. It is normal to go through this but just know you will be losing again soon.

My first stall was at 5 weeks, but it only lasted about 5 days. It was excruciating not seeing the scale move. But this is a marathon, not a sprint.

What's worse is that I'm now in my 6th week and when I stepped on the scale this morning I gained a pound from yesterday! I wanted to scream. I've decided to blame the fact that I was up until 5am last night after being out all night at a bar drinking several bottles of Water (and I hadn't had a bowel movement yesterday).

Thank you all, I feel much better!

I was sleeved on aug 6th also. I have hit the dreaded 3 week stall too. I have read sol many stories here I just decided to roll with it. It is frustrating, but I know it will eventually end. Good luck to you!

My first stall was at 5 weeks, but it only lasted about 5 days. It was excruciating not seeing the scale move. But this is a marathon, not a sprint.

What's worse is that I'm now in my 6th week and when I stepped on the scale this morning I gained a pound from yesterday! I wanted to scream. I've decided to blame the fact that I was up until 5am last night after being out all night at a bar drinking several bottles of Water (and I hadn't had a bowel movement yesterday).

Its always the bowel movement (or lack thereof)!! ;-P

Can someone please explain what "grazing" is. My nut mentioned it on the paperwork she gave me after my appt, but never discussed it during my 8 mo. consult! Thank you:)

Grazing is not having 3 meals and 2 Snacks if needed. It's picking all day. Don't do that!

Grazing is not having 3 meals and 2 Snacks if needed. It's picking all day. Don't do that!

**Thank You**

I too am at a stall for 5 days now, I felt sad at first, but I feel like my clothes are fitting better and I am becoming more defined. We all have to hang in there during stalls and not get discouraged, easier said than done though.

As of today I am down 1 lb (although I gained 3!?) I am hoping my stall is done! It lasted 15 or 16 days, I started my menses, so I am sure that had a lot to do with it - retaining fluids, etc. Less the losing begin!!

I was sleeved 8/6/12. By 8/15/12 I was down 16 lbs. As of today' date=' the 26th day of being sleeved, I am down 16.5. Is this stall normal? I do find myself grazing, could that be the problem.[/quote']

Pebbles, I was sleeve 8/7 from 179 to 165 in 1 1/2 weeks but have been 165 since 2 weeks ago. Not sure how much u are grazing, but I have 2 kids and when I'm making food I always have 1 bite of the food I am making. It's frustrating but hopefully the stall doesn't last too long :(