Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Today I figured out my BMI for the first time since before my surgery on 10/1. I was so happy to see that I am no longer considered "obese" and now just "overweight". I haven't been that in years!!

HW- 253

SW- 243

CW- 208

OK....surgery Oct 24th, RNY instead of sleeve, due to Barretts...down 26lbs. Slow, but sure. No pre surgery diet, no stalls yet.

HW=235

SW= 234

CW= 209

Ok checkin in!!! Surg was 10/25. I am 50/F..5'10"

Sw 300

According to my jinky scale ....today i am 262= loss of 38 lbs

Go to surgeon end of dec, so i hope to be in the 250's!!! HOPE. I also hope my scale at home is accurate!!!!

Hello Sleevetobers!!!! I was sleeved 10/25 and weighed in at 349 day of surgery. My weekly weigh in last Thursday had me at 303 pounds. Doctor has moved me onto puréed and select soft foods. I did have another surgery to remove a large keloid and skin tags on 11/15 and I had a hard time with the recovery from the surgery because of the fasting required before surgery. When I got home I felt weak and was ready to pass out. Before my wife called 911 I urged her to wait til my food got into my system. Once that happened I felt much better.

This morning i was scheduled to have surgery to open my sinus passage ways so I can finally breathe through my nose again. It's gonna be nice to not be the 'fat heavy breathing' guy. So when I had surgery this morning I made sure to get my nutrition the previous two days before surgery and upped my calorie intake each day. It worked and my recovery today was fantastic. But when I stepped on the scale this morning I noticed my first weight gain since surgery of 1 pound. I just pray I didn't stunt my metabolism and will be able to continue with my weight loss. This is my last surgery that I will be having' date=' I hope.

I haven't hit any stalls yet, but I have been sticking to a low calorie intake. However, food has been so boring for me and since I'm home on disability for probably the next month, I have been playing Mr Mom. The kids love it cause I get down in the kitchen and on the grill. They've been feasting like some kings. I have cheated here and there because the stuff I've been cooking is insane. I've taken a bite a couple times, but spit it out after chewing a little bit and getting the flavor. No beef or pork yet. Does anyone else do this? It's helped but I caught myself actually swallowing a piece of biscuit I made. And the fried Jalapeño with cheese poppers I fried, well I peeled the breading off and ate the jalapeño and cheese. I felt like I had to go to confession and say 10 hail Mary's and our fathers afterwards.

It's nice to read about others going through the same things that I'm going through because of the sleeve. It's tough especially since my wife is petite, skinny, and eats whatever she wants. She has a freaky metabolism. I just hope my kids have her metabolism cause they are all skinny and athletic. We don't allow them to drink soda or eat candy and have been raised like that because I didn't want obesity to become an issue in their life like it has mine.

My flexibility has increased and now I can finally bend over and tie my shoes without my stomach being in the way. That is amazing cause I had to loosely tie my shoes to slip them on and always had to tie my work boots on a step or curb. I never shared this with anyone because of the embarrassment. But I wanted to yell out kinda like the kid from Big Daddy when he wiped his own arse. It took me back to that simple joy.

Hope everyone else is finding these little things that are improving their quality of life like I have recently. Good luck on your journey in weight loss everyone!!!

My kids and me at the MLS Cup watching LA Galaxy win back to back titles! Also Beckham's last game with the LA Galaxy. Good times!!! And I didn't have to argue with security regarding the Protein Shakes and yogurt I took into the stadium for my special diet. Great day!!!

[/quote']

Do not feel bad!! I have had my cheating moments too. Do not worry about that 1 pound thing. Now having said this to you, I personally have freaked out myself but do not let this happen to you!! I know this has to be Water weight as it comes off as magically as it appears. Especially since you had some iv fluids in there somewhere, right? Sounds like you are doing great!! Of course I am just getting this to you, no telling when you were last on. Anyway, keep up the good work!!

My surgery was Oct 8th i weighed 248 morning of surgery and as of today i weigh 183 i feel fabulous best decision EVER!!!! I work out still like i did before the surgery and i dont have alot of saggy skin I have little but not bad like i was thinking

My surgery was Oct 8th i weighed 248 morning of surgery and as of today i weigh 183 i feel fabulous best decision EVER!!!! I work out still like i did before the surgery and i dont have alot of saggy skin I have little but not bad like i was thinking

Great job!!!

You are just a young chick-- Congrats, our dates and surgery weights are the same but u did much better than I did! I'm 65 and can't wait to get under 200 lbs!

Congrats to all the other OctoSleevers!!! My surgery date was 10/25 and have been able to live a much more normal lifestyle than I had envisioned. food is no longer the main focus of my day. I only wish I would have done it sooner, but I feel so much better that I finally did. No more high blood pressure meds or the threat of being borderline diabetic. No more sleep apnea or snoring for that matter. I have two saviors now, Jesus & Dr Jeremy Korman. Hehe the compliments that I get everyday at work are overwhelming. But I love it

HW 375+ - Early 2012

SW 349 - 10/25/12

CW 272 - 1/25/12 (3 months)

9/2012

1/2013

post-29162-13813662651374_thumb.jpg

post-29162-13813662652075_thumb.jpg

You look great, keep up the good work. I was sleeved 10/11/12. I'm down 46lbs and have been stalled for 3 weeks. I'm 19lbs from goal and feel like I'm never going to get there! But I'm not giving up!

Congrats Roman ( funny play. On the name). Keep it up. I like to see sleevers who are living normal, unobsessed lives. Too many times I see folks obsessing about every morsel that touches their lips. food no longer is central to my life and thinking either. I pretty much eat what I want, have the common sence to stay away from simple carbs (but I dont deny myself a dessert at a dinner party or cake at a birthday, just not an everyday thing). My portions are controlled by my sleeve and what I eat is controlled by common sense. I exercise 4-5 times a week. I do have to force the time to do that in (with 4 kids at home and a full time job. It's hard). So far i have lost 68 pounds.

SW 242

DOS222

CW 174

My profile pic was 10 pounds ago

Losing weight transforms your life. You are more agile and limber ( in many ways, haha) you pains deminish, your social life improves. It has been the best decision of my life.

Hello October sleevers!

My surgery date was October 22, 2012. I am down 68.5 pounds. I'm quite happy with my loss considering that I hate drinking Water and I haven't been exercising. I am suffering with a bone spur on my left heel and can't walk and can't take most meds. Other than my heel, I am feeling great :) I would recommend it to anyone. (well, anyone that needs to lose a considerable amount of weight)

Congratulations to all! I was sleeved on 10/26 and down 42 pounds. I'm really trying to get motivated to really workout. I love that fact that I dont have desires to order pizza, eat burritos, and all of the crazy over indulgence!

Sleeved on 10/15/12. Down 79 pounds and 103 down from highest weight ever. I can run, jump, dance, swim, and even buy clothes at the mall! I am happy. Thank you all for the support. Compliments fuel me. Life is now worth living!

Congrats to October Sleevers!

I'm loving this journey!

Date of surgery October 30th

Heaviest; 290

Day of surgery: 278

Current: 237

Went from size 24 pants to 18 regular

3X to regular XL

No more plus sizes!!