Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Sleeved oct 8th. I am 42 yo and now have one child 2 yo. I am from decatur' date=' alabama. I am really surprised that there are not more people on here from alabama since we are second only to mississippi in highest number of obesity. I am stalled at 19# and frustrated. Don't know what to eat. Add me on mfp so I can get ideas. User name wendy8802.[/quote']

Hi Wendy , I am from MS 38 yo have one 5yo son. I was also sleeved on the 8th I have lost 25lbs do far including 10lbs preop diet , my doc says 1st month is a transition and weight loss will pick up after that , keep up with me Wat is mfp? Hoping doc is rt :)

I am so feeling you pain and frustration. I am very similar in stats. I was sleeved on 10/11 lost 12 lbs postop the 1st week and nothing else since then. I do see inches but zero lbs. My BMI is current 40' date=' so I have eliminated that as a reason. If there really is no answer at least know you are not alone!![/quote']

Me too, was sleeved 10/11....only10#'s down :*/ frustrated

You guys are all doing wonderful just remember everything we have read on here from people over a year after surgery and how they went threw all their stalls !!! And now they r all skinni minnies! now just remeber are bodies just went threw this they need time to adjust we will get there !!! God bless !!

I was sleeved oct 15 lost 20 pounds within the first 2 weeks and have not lost anything since

I was sleeved 10/11/12 so I'm 4 weeks out. Still doing a Protein Drink a day. String cheese, tuna, eggs and bison patty was real good. Taking it slow. Lost 40 pounds since 9/11/12 but only maybe 10 since surgery. I think they call it a stall. Best wishes to all!!

Hi Wendy , I am from MS 38 yo have one 5yo son. I was also sleeved on the 8th I have lost 25lbs do far including 10lbs preop diet , my doc says 1st month is a transition and weight loss will pick up after that , keep up with me Wat is mfp? Hoping doc is rt :)

Tylr,

I have just about the same post op stats. Sleeved Oct 12 SW 205, CW 193. I am fitting into clothes that were a little snug but can't really "see" a significant difference. I was a lower bmi'er but started feeling like based on other people's success I will not see the weight loss I'd hoped for. Really hope this isn't the case:(

I hop its just a transition month also. Sticking with the program but really want more results. Mfp is wendy8802

My name is Katie. I had my surgery on 10/23/12 with Dr. Tallal Zeni. I live in Belleville Mi. I am 35. I am married...my husband had the sleeve done in May 2012 and has lost over 140 lbs. I was 206 on the day of surgery...I am only 5'1". I have pcos and am hoping to lose weight and finally be able to get pregnant. I also have an awesome 13 y/o step-son!

Hi all, I was sleeved 29th Oct so I just make the group lol. Im in Australia, surgery in Sydney Dr Craig Taylor. I am 37 married with 2 boys. I was 142kgs ( sorry not good with pounds) lost 14kgs since starting 2 week Optifast. Ive had a few slip ups but learning to listen to my belly.

I guess I've also hit my first stall. SW 223, CW 199. sleeved 10/29 in the middle of hurricane Sandy. Thank God they didn't cancel me. But even though I'm 24lbs down, no loss at all in the past week. I don't think I'm getting enough of whatever I'm supposed to be getting but I'm eating almost the same as I was on the pre-op so I thought I'd still be losing. Started back to the gym a week ago. Doc said treadmill only for 8weeks. :( I know I'm not hitting my Protein mark or my fluids although some days I'm pretty close. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm worried that I've already done something to ruin my sleeve which is why I've stopped losing. Even though I know it's a stall (3 week one at that). It's just hard to keep focused when i thought it would just fall off.

I guess I've also hit my first stall. SW 223' date=' CW 199. sleeved 10/29 in the middle of hurricane Sandy. Thank God they didn't cancel me. But even though I'm 24lbs down, no loss at all in the past week. I don't think I'm getting enough of whatever I'm supposed to be getting but I'm eating almost the same as I was on the pre-op so I thought I'd still be losing. Started back to the gym a week ago. Doc said treadmill only for 8weeks. :( I know I'm not hitting my Protein mark or my fluids although some days I'm pretty close. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm worried that I've already done something to ruin my sleeve which is why I've stopped losing. Even though I know it's a stall (3 week one at that). It's just hard to keep focused when i thought it would just fall off.[/quote']

I am in a major stall too! I wonder if there is a way to kickstart our metabolism!

I am in a major stall too! I wonder if there is a way to kickstart our metabolism!

From what I gather...more liquids...and Protein. That seems to be the magic key to life and the world of thin.

Hello, I got sleeved on the17th. I'm doing better, but it's been rough for awhile. Had a lot of trouble with nausea, but I wasn't getting in enough Fluid. I became a little dehydrated, so I've been really pushing the fluids. Glad to see everyone on here : )