Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Today is one week till surgery and I am very excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Started my liquid diet today so far so good!!!! :)

Ur gonna do great! :)

Hello Everyone, My name is Melissa and I am a new member as of today. I will be going in on October 30th to be sleeved and I am very excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I'm hoping to get the results that I've been dreaming about so I can be a happier, healthier me!

For all who had VS already, do you think if my friend has a surgery on Monday she will be able to go sight seeing for a few hours on Thursday?

we would not recommend it she would maybe feel okay for the bout the first 20/30 minutes and then she will feel like complete crap you have to be really really really careful I didn't feel good and tell about 2 days ago and I got sleep on the eighth of October you can't drink Water normally you have to make sure you have to have something in your stomach what you have to have some sort of Protein she's not going to be able to walk for very long just please please be very very careful you guys . remember she just had major surgery!

so I went into the hospital yesterday morning for my revision.. band to sleeve. I was so excited so when I woke up from anesthesia the surgeon told me he could not do the sleeve because my stomach was so damaged from the band. so I have been banned rebuild and he says we could try in 6 months and possibly be healed he said there was no way he was going to touch my stomach with staples. I would have leaked for sure. I'm home and disappointed but I'm glad that he took the band out of me.

I just read that I don't know what band rebuild was but I'm loopy from the medicine lol!! I'm just glad that band is out of me he said it was eroding also

Today is one week till surgery and I am very excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Started my liquid diet today so far so good!!!! :)

Me too!!!

I just read that I don't know what band rebuild was but I'm loopy from the medicine lol!! I'm just glad that band is out of me he said it was eroding also

I am glad that he removed it.... The erosion was my number 1 reason for not trying the band. 6 months goes by very fast, don't worry.

I am in my room! All went well, just real sleepy. Took my first walk!

Yay!! Glad to hear it all went well

Freshly sleeved as of yesterday. This has been the most profound and incredible journey so far. The support I have found here at the hospital and from all of you here has made this such a moving experience. We have so much to look forward to...together. Thank you to those before me who shared your experiences. It waa invaluable knowing what to expect. And to those being sleeved in the future, may you be blessed with strength, support and love.

All packed and ready to go I. The morning having some serious second thoughts I must say! This one day pre op diet has my head hurting and I feel nauseas. Doubting if I will be able to handle this post op if I'm such a misery after one day:-x CONFUSED

Wish they would let me go home! Third night here

4 days post-op and still drozy! Not to mention lazy.....how'd u shake it?

If you are still taking the narcotic painkiller they give you to take at home, try using just Children's Tylenol instead. That narcotic will make you very tired and lazy. Some people also just have a hard time shaking the anesthesia for a few days. I didn't start having any energy at all until this afternoon. I haven't taken the lortab until just a few minutes ago to help me sleep tonight. Also, the more fluids and Protein you get in, the more energy you will have. Good luck. I know you can do it :)

Hello everyone I DID I am now an official we of the loser bench. I am feeling no pain right now had pain earlier and nausea. Three up a little also and it hurt when I did that. Other than that every thing is good have my leak test in the morning I'm about to go to bed now good night .

Hello everyone I DID I am now an official we of the loser bench. I am feeling no pain right now had pain earlier and nausea. Three up a little also and it hurt when I did that. Other than that every thing is good have my leak test in the morning I'm about to go to bed now good night .

Yay!!!! Happy healing!!!