Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

I'm pretty nauseous this morning. I had my surgery on Wednesday. I'm trying to drink my Unjury broth but for some reason it's tasting horrible today. I'm not as swollen as I was, thankfully. Good luck to everybody!

Hey guys!

Angela from Green Bay WI.

I am going to be sleeved October 19th!

With Dr. James Kemmerling.

Hey we are sleeve sisters! I will be sleeved in Omaha, NE, on Oct. 19th!! yeah for us!!!

Surgery halted at the 11th hour----I don't know when I ever been this angry. My surgery is scheduled for this Monday, the 8th. Yesterday I called my GP's office to inquire about my bp medication and if it can be crushed. ( I had forgotten about this med). I have an awesome GP, he saved my life before and may have just done it again.My PA went to the GP to discuss this when he saw I had just had a procedure last Monday and all hell broke loose.

In 2009 I had a blod clot on my brian, the most painfull experience of my life-that is why I did not fear WLS. I figured it would be a breeze compared to clots on the brain. I was in ICU for 4 days and found out I had a genetic blood clot disorder---I was very lucky to be alive.

I have been on coumadin for the past three years.

Now for the shocker. This past Monday I had a Greenfield filter placed in me. This filter is to prevent a pulminary embolisn. The procedure was approved for $14,000 ( Doc had requested $20,000 of which I am repsonsible for $2800.00). My GP did not receive anything from the Vascular surgeon, so I thought I was clear ( Now I have to tell you I mostly see the PA in his office so this is my fault). Come to find out this filter will do nothing to prevent clots on the brain ( i had not really thought about it just firgured the vascular surgeon and the WLS knew what they werre doing). My primary was livid. Called the surgery off until he gets a full explanation of what it going on. In other words, these doctors did not have a plan after my surgery to prevent clots from forming on my brain. along with that, they were not going to put me back on coumadin until a few days later. My GP said to me, you could have stroked on the table.

A lot of this is my own fault, I just assumed that my GP had been informed all the way. I love my PA, it was not his fault --we just firgured all was good. So, bottom line, my GP did not know I wa going for surgery Monday, found out and went to review the notes. Not one correspondence from the WLS or Vascular guy. My doc called me at 7 pm last night. He had spoken to a neurologist I had seen after the clot, has a call into another neurologist that I have chosen, waiting to hear from vascular guy. He will not allow me to have the surgery unless the neurologists say it it OK.

Needless to say, I have lost all faith in the system and my WLS doc. It is his job to know exactly what kind of clots I was at risk for. I received the call as my best friend was walking in the door. After I hung up she asked how I felt. I said GRATEFUL and I am, however, this morning I am so angry that even if I get approved I don't know if I will go through with it.

\

Thanks for letting me vent.

Me too the 9th :)

Yay! Another sleeve sister we will have to stay in touch also :)

Hi, had my sleeve on Oct 1st. Stood 2 1/2 days at hospital. Stay as long as you can especially if you have small children. Pain got worse on 2nd and 3rd days. Had minimal nausea but horrible runs yesterday...worse then pain!!!! Been able to drink plenty of Water. Unfortunately I am hungry ;-[ i'm hoping its just because of the violent runs I had all day yesterday. Praying for everyone's success...

Is it normal to feel like a there is a lump in your chest when you swallow? I just dry heaved for the first and hopefully last time. It only lasted maybe 5 minutes. But I did burp a lot.

I did that the day after my surgery. My pain meds made me really nauseated. So I had to quit them. I felt like my incisions were gonna open up

Two more days!!! Oct 8th is my day!!! I'm soooooo nervous...does anyone else have a late afternoon surgery time?

Two more days!!! Oct 8th is my day!!! I'm soooooo nervous...does anyone else have a late afternoon surgery time?

good luck my sleeve sister i am in the morning at 8 am but goodluck good luck i know i am crazy nervous too but we r strong we can do it u go girl

I'm the 9th, I gotta be at the hospital by 6am. I'm getting super nervous!!!!!! :) 3 more days!!!!! Eek :)

Day 2 post-op brings Cream of Wheat! I'm a little achey all over, but not terrible. Hoping I can go home today, but kinda wishing I could bring the bed and IV with. Something tells me my couch isn't going to cut it.

Day 2 was my worst day. But today (day 3) I'm feeling so much better. Fluids are going down much easier. I'm down almost 20 pounds from my highest weight on 9/18/12. My husband told a friend of ours that he could tell I was losing before my surgery. The best position for me was propped up on my bed. I even slept slightly propped up. I'm ready for Monday when I can start yogurt and sugar free pudding!

Good luck to everyone! I am 6 days away from my new self! My bags are packed,hubby says I'm acting like were having a baby. I'm just super anxious to get back to a before baby weight,seeing as that baby we did have is 22 years old!!

4 More days til my surgery on the 10th and im scared tho i know it for the best. Good luck to all those who have up coming surgerys!!! I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!! :)

'Ello folks, my name is Jo and I've just turned 40, single mum to one 19yr old son. I live in Sussex which is in the south of England. My op date is Fri Oct 12th. I was only told 3 days ago that this is happening so it's a bit of a whirlwind! My surgeon has put me on a weightwatchers Soup and low fat yoghurt pre-op diet which sucks :wacko: but I know it could be worse! I can't remember what my current weight is (I don't own scales) but I'll find out tomorrow. Pleased to meet you all :)