Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Hi

I am 54 years old' date=' married and a Financial Advisor. I am having surgery October 8, 2012. I am six days in on the 10 liquid diet. I am down 14 and looking forward to another 86. I live in Farmington, Connecticut and Darren Tishler is performing my surgery. I am psyched![/quote']

I am a fellow CT Sleever. stamford here. Good luck. I am26 hrs post op and feeling pretty good.

Just Do It!!!

I am at the airport headed home and proud to say that I made it through 4 states without cheating on my pre-op diet! Woo hoo! Lol.

That's surely worth being proud off b/c this liquid diet is makn me edgy....ask my co-workers :) Great job!

I am at the airport headed home and proud to say that I made it through 4 states without cheating on my pre-op diet! Woo hoo! Lol.

That's surely worth being proud off b/c this liquid diet is makn me edgy....ask my co-workers :) Great job!

Is it normal to feel like a there is a lump in your chest when you swallow? I just dry heaved for the first and hopefully last time. It only lasted maybe 5 minutes. But I did burp a lot.

Oh I soooo know how you feel. And add in that TOM & it's all over. One of my co-workers asked me this morning if I would make a copy of some house plans for him & I asked him if his legs were broken!

TOM and liquid diet, saying I'm edgy is an understatement. Not to mention how much I wanted something from McDonalds and a snicker bar. But my beef broth and sugar free hot chocolat will have to do!!

I'm staring clear liquids today I get sleeved on Monday in TJ Mex w/ Dr. Garcia. Yestuday was my last day of work and will be be back to work in about 2 weeks

Many good wishes and prayers are sent your way AZ sleeve sister, I'm right behind you :unsure:

I'm staring clear liquids today I get sleeved on Monday in TJ Mex w/ Dr. Garcia. Yestuday was my last day of work and will be be back to work in about 2 weeks

Hi "lilly's journey"

I too am being sleeved by Dr. Garcia in Tijuana, MX!!! I go on Oct. 30th. I would love to hear your experience and how everything went!! Best wishes to you!!!

Omg I'm so scared of the liquid diet!!! Everyone in my fam is nervous about Mexico I'm nervous about the liquid diet because of my weight they suggest twice of it. Id think I can do it.... That's the reason y I want this done. If I can do it on my own I wouldn't need surgery... Any advice... Is it clear liquid for two weeks or can I have things like ensure/ slim fast/carnation etc

Omg I'm so scared of the liquid diet!!! Everyone in my fam is nervous about Mexico I'm nervous about the liquid diet because of my weight they suggest twice of it. Id think I can do it.... That's the reason y I want this done. If I can do it on my own I wouldn't need surgery... Any advice... Is it clear liquid for two weeks or can I have things like ensure/ slim fast/carnation etc

Don't be scared, there are many people here who have been to Mexico and who can guide you and your fears...You will have to verify this advise with your coordinator but most everyone's pre-op diet consisted of low Carb Protein Drinks (10mg per drink or less), broth of any kind sugar free Jello, drinks, some have the luxury of getting to crunch celery and cucumbers. The idea is to shrink the liver and to cut out the carb cravings.

Deb

I am a fellow CT Sleever. stamford here. Good luck. I am26 hrs post op and feeling pretty good.

Just Do It!!!

Thank you. Good luck to you and thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks for your advise Deb..what other things should I b asking. I just made up my mind n booked my surgery hoping for the best. I figured if I asked them something they just going to tell me what I want to hear.

TOM and liquid diet' date=' saying I'm edgy is an understatement. Not to mention how much I wanted something from McDonalds and a snicker bar. But my beef broth and sugar free hot chocolat will have to do!![/quote']

Yummmm....sf hot chocolate!!! I didnt think of that one!!! Lol def gonna get me some. My surgery is Monday so ive been on liquids and shakes since last Friday. Sf hot chocolate is gonna taste soooooo gooooodddd!!!!!! (-: