Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Hello everyone...Today was my first day of liquids! I did well and now is my count down time' date=' 13 more days until the big day!! Oct. 11 can not come fast enough! Super excited again, (nerves have subsided for now)...[/quote']

I start my pre-op Monday. We are sleeve sisters. Can't believe just 2 weeks to go. God bless!

On preop diet for 2 weeks today.....sleeve 2 weeks away..... 10/11.....sooo ready. Really enjoying the comments and encouragements! Good luck to all!

I don't know why but I feel guilty. On my pre-op diet I am allowed 1 serving of lean meat and green veggies for dinner only. Well after a week I really needed (wanted) something filling. So I thought it out and sauteed some lean ground turkey, jalepenos, green pepper and green onion and some taco seasoning. I wrapped in lettuce and it was really good. I don't think I actually cheated but I feel like I did.

I start my pre-op Monday. We are sleeve sisters. Can't believe just 2 weeks to go. God bless!

I know..I am marking by calendar like children do for Christmas!!

The liquid diet has not been all bad, I expected worse from reading other posts.. (handling it like the strong woman I AM)

On preop diet for 2 weeks today.....sleeve 2 weeks away..... 10/11.....sooo ready. Really enjoying the comments and encouragements! Good luck to all!

Welcome to the club- there is several of us on 10-11-12...notice the frequency of numbers in our new birthday!! Gotta love it!! Good Luck along the way...

Thanks everyone. Had a honest talk with my wife tonight. After some tears we did hug and kiss. Separation has been hard.

Thanks everyone. Had a honest talk with my wife tonight. After some tears we did hug and kiss. Separation has been hard.

Being able to talk honestly and open is huge. So it sounds like a great place to begin healing.

Sent from my iPod touch using VST

We have something in common:

My surgery is on the same day and started preppy on yesterday!!

Starting weight: 296

Current weight: 269

I hope to be 256 upon completion of liquid diet!! Btw' date=' I live in Texas and 15 years your senior (40 yrs old)!![/quote']

:) are you getting excited? And way to go on the losing you're doing great!!! I cheated today my first day :( I only had something small hoping I can refrain for the remaining days!

Hello my name is Amber soon to be 25 ; I am scheduled for surgery Oct 11,2012 I have no pre-op diet thus far .. I am very nervous but excited I will be going through Kaiser Permanente South Bay and have heard and read nothing good about my surgeon

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hello my name is Amber soon to be 25 ; I am scheduled for surgery Oct 11' date='2012 I have no pre-op diet thus far .. I am very nervous but excited I will be going through Kaiser Permanente South Bay and have heard and read nothing good about my surgeon

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I'm on the 11th as well! Good luck to you :)

:) are you getting excited? And way to go on the losing you're doing great!!! I cheated today my first day :( I only had something small hoping I can refrain for the remaining days!

Thank you and you as well are doing great, I have only been this successful and committed due to a combination of the support, advice and opinions from this forum and fitness pal.

I am really going to stay on too of the diet to make sure I am on target for my bday which is 11-12.

Stay focused and remember "a minute on the lips is a lifetime on the hips" not worth it!!

Hello,

My name is Carla and I just got my surgery date 10/22/12, and I am so nervous. I haven't started my pre-op liquid diet yet, and I have concerns. I like to eat......hence the overweight part. :) I am new to any type of Forum comunications, I am hoping I can learn a lot and gain some wisdom and helpful tools as I begin this new journey.

Hello, Octo-sleevers! I just finished my last night of work before surgery and I am SOO excited for Monday morning! I am down almost 50 pounds from my highest weight and I am so ready to keep going! I just wanted to pop in and wish you all good luck with the liquid diets as your dates approach. I have been on liquids since (my birthday, of all days) September 9. I have PAT tomorrow and I then all I have left to do is to get up to the hospital on Monday morning. Thank you all for being such a positive support system - it has really gotten me through the last few weeks! <3

I don't know why but I feel guilty. On my pre-op diet I am allowed 1 serving of lean meat and green veggies for dinner only. Well after a week I really needed (wanted) something filling. So I thought it out and sauteed some lean ground turkey, jalepenos, green pepper and green onion and some taco seasoning. I wrapped in lettuce and it was really good. I don't think I actually cheated but I feel like I did.

That sounds delicious!

Hi! I just turned 42 and have a house full of kids!! My surgery is October 1 and I cant wait!! Good luck to all of you!!