Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Hi all, im sched for Oct 8th. I cant wait ! Im so ready to start my new life and also apprehensive that maybe this wont work either. Im having surg in Chesapeake Va by Dr. Chastanet. He is wonderful. When i read all the posts about not being hungry and losing weight i get so inspired.

What part of Mississippi? I had my sleeve in Oxford by Dr King

From Pontotoc, MS. I see Dr Pinson at NMMC. Glad to see other Mississippians here :)

What part of Mississippi? I had my sleeve in Oxford by Dr King

If I can be of any assistance please let me know. My email is brittney.thomas@me.com

Hello All-

I am 31 resident of Denver, CO. I will have my surgery with Dr. Chae. I

Just got my surgery scheduled for Oct 2. I am very excited but extremely nervous.. I am ready for my life after surgery but getting mentally prepared is nerve racking.

Hey sleeve sister!! Oct 2 is the same date as mine :-)

Hello Everyone. I am a mother of two and a wife of 14 years. My surgery date has been scheduled for Oct. 9. I have nervous butterflies every time I think about it. I know deep down that this is the right choice and right time for me. This change will improve my life and I will be able to enjoy life with my family so much more. I feel that I have missed out on so much living due to my weight, such as refusing to attend my high school reunion in fear of how classmates would look at me. Even with a positive outlook and excitment for a healthier life, I am scared of possible complications and buyer's remorse. My brain tells me that this is my best chance to live longer and healthier, but I still worry about long-term regrets or side effects. It is more like a fear of the unknown. The worries have started to increase as the date approaches. The last time I was this scared or made such a big decision was when my husband and I decided to start a family. I never regretted that choice. I'm sure I will not regret this choice either. I wish you all luck and quick recovery.

Hey all, I am 53 yrs old and from MN. My date has been set for October 24th. I have 2 middle schoolers ages 14 and 13....Best of luck to everyone.

Hello there! I'm October 2 too!!! woot! woot! Im a 40 year old divorced 2 grown kids. Current weight 254. My preop diet starts on Sep 20!! I think I have read and watched it all.. I'm ready!! I am soooooo READY!!! : ) Good Luck to all of you guys!

Hi there' date='

My date is 4th October! Mixed feelings of excitement and fear. I'm in Scotland- Anyone else from UK?[/quote']

I know how you feel my surgery is on Wednesday I'm very excited but also pretty nervous to

post-26019-13813659737444_thumb.jpg

hello and welcome aboard! :D

Does it feel like october will never get here? I am just antsy as can be, I want the approval and acctual date already!

bmi.png

Hi Everyone! I am also scheduled for October 2. Looking forward to this journey but scared too. I'm 34, married with two kids (3 and 14 months). My highest weight was 399 (first pregnancy), avg non-pregnant weight has been 364 and I lost 10lbs on my 6-month supervised diet.

I'm ready for this but I just don't have any willpower. I am so disappointed in myself for only losing 10lbs with amazing resources to help me for 6 months but I just couldn't get it together.

I pray that the sleeve will give me that extra support that I am missing, I just need the jump start to be on my way.

Good luck to all of you! I am so looking forward to taking this journey with you and can't wait for the weight to start coming off!

I'm 25 years old from Atlanta, Georgia single and looking ;-). My surgery date is Tuesday, October 16th. Luckily I do not have a preop diet but I am trying to drop weight before surgery. I'm down 20lbs during my 6 month supervised diet and hope to drop another 5 before surgery.

Good luck to everyone!

... I have nervous butterflies every time I think about it. I know deep down that this is the right choice and right time for me. This change will improve my life and I will be able to enjoy life with my family so much more. I feel that I have missed out on so much living due to my weight' date=' such as refusing to attend my high school reunion in fear of how classmates would look at me. Even with a positive outlook and excitment for a healthier life, I am scared of possible complications and buyer's remorse. My brain tells me that this is my best chance to live longer and healthier, but I still worry about long-term regrets or side effects. It is more like a fear of the unknown. The worries have started to increase as the date approaches...[/quote']

Natava - you couldn't have quoted my thoughts & feelings any better than if I had spoken them aloud myself. I just met with my pych for the first time yesterday & she really helped calm my fears & gave me things to think about when I'm getting nervous. She had the surgery a couple of years ago so she really speaks from experience.

Hello there! I'm October 2 too!!! woot! woot! Im a 40 year old divorced 2 grown kids. Current weight 254. My preop diet starts on Sep 20!! I think I have read and watched it all.. I'm ready!! I am soooooo READY!!! : ) Good Luck to all of you guys!

Kolerz219 - we're almost sleeve twins - you're just 2 weeks ahead of me! I'm 42, starting pre-op diet on Sept 30, sleeve date is Oct 15, starting @ 249.

G'day! I went to see my surgeon yesterday and we booked a tentative date. 24 October 2012. I am from Canberra' date=' Australia and my surgeon is in Sydney (Dr John Jorgensen). I have a friend of mine who is also considering doing the journey with me... I am excited and nervous.[/quote']

G'day I miss hearing that! We were stationed in the Alice. I have no date yet but hoping for late October early November:)