Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

I live in Louisiana and surgery date is October 16th, whoo-hoo!!! My surgeon is Dr. George Merriman.

Nervous....excited......nervous........excited. Lol

What's up all!!! I'm going under on Oct. 22 in Fort Worth, TX! I thought the 3 mo. pre-op was bad until I found out my date had to be 3 months after my approval. But on a better note, I have been working hard at lost 30# since the 4th of July. Oh and I'm 26 350lbs and 6'4"

Hi all. I'm 23, from NYC and I'm an October Sleever with no date yet. I get my date in a few weeks (September 18th! Can't wait!) I'm hoping for early October. I'm so excited but also kinda nervous! so glad us October sleevers have grown in numbers! When I first checked in June when I started this process there was like 1 other person and now we're a whole group! Feel free too add me I'd love to talk to other October people! :)

Hello and welcome aboard ! Good luck on your journey

I'm using Dr. Alvarez..... I've heard good things about Mi hospital.< /p>

Hi! My last appointment is sept 12' date=' so I'm hoping for an October date! I'm a nurse as well from concord, NC. I'm single with 3 kids. My dad had his done 3 weeks ago and has lost almost 50 pounds. My mom is preparing to have it done as well. My starting weight is 260.[/quote']

Hi Brooke! I'm in NC as well. Is Dr Heider at Lake Norman your surgeon?

36 year old mom of 3 (19' date=' 10, & 5). I live in Northeast Mississippi. My surgery is scheduled for October 23rd & I can't wait![/quote']

What part of Mississippi? I had my sleeve in Oxford by Dr King

Hi I am Cyndi, 32 years old and mother of two girls (5,16). I am scheduled for Oct 15 in El Paso TX. I am also scared and excited all at the same time. I lie in bed trying to picture myself thin, but it has been so long I just can't haha. I am really looking forward to this new journey and can't wait to see how we all do. I am at 257 lbs and am 5'7.

Hi, I am Sue. I am 46 years old, two teenage daughters 16 & 14 and hubby :) I have a date of October 12th but waiting for approval from insurance. Will be having surgery with Dr. Noyan in New Jersey. I am a transcriptionist by trade and a SAHM by heart (but not pocket book) and I work from home. I sit at my computer for literally 10 hours a day, so I have become extremely out of shape besides the weight I need to lose so I plan to start walking slowly but surely. I am 277 and hope to lose 110 pounds.

I just got approved for 8 oct 12. Scared! But my doctor, Dr Yadegar in Lancaster is one of the best in the country. He has been doing these surgeries for 12 years.

Hi everyone. I'm a 42yr old mum of two (20 & 17). I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I'm scheduled for October 1st and I'm scared witless. I know this is the best thing for me, the right thing to do, but I'm so scared of the complications. Currently 250 lbs and looking forward to my new life!

Hi! I am having my surgery October 9, and I am currently 260 lbs, I am worried about the liqid diet that I start 4 weeks prior!

I also am very concerned as I am going in on Tuesday for an MRI to see if I have multiple sclerosis. If I do, I hope and pray that it doesn't mess up my surgery date'! I am really excited about having a new and healthier life with the weight off!

Good luck to all on this brand new beginning!

October 1st for me in Buffalo NY with Dr. Aaron Hoffman!! I am 45 years old' date=' married with two grown children. I currently weight 240. I had the Lap Band put in Aug. 16, 2010 and removed Aug. 6, 2012.

I look forward to losing all the weight I thought I would lose with the Lap Band.[/quote']

I'm with Dr. Hoffman also! He is taking out my band on September 10th and I'll be sleeved on October 22nd. Currently 260. Can't wait to get this band out of me for the love of god lol!