Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Suffering After Vsg, Worried, And Scared.

I am about 10 months out, I am very close to my goal weight, and I am so happy with the way that I look, but my health is diminishing, and I'm only 20 years old.

I am to blame, I never really took Protein Shakes or Vitamins, I couldn't stomach them at all.

About 2 months ago, I started feeling very dizzy and it elevated to fainting, a lot, and everywhere, I ignored it at first, then i got a stomach bug, and I was away from my country for a month, and no doctor could help me, so I was very dehydrated, which increased my fainting spells.

Came back home, kept fainting, hair started falling, started getting chest pains and insane palpitations, eventually I went to the doctor, turns out I am hypoglycaemic and anaemic, and low potassium, low Vitamin D, it doesn't sound that bad, but I have no energy at all, I can never get myself to work out because of how low my energy is and I feel so angry because I can't do anything about it, doctors told me to eat more potassium rich foods and get some sugar intake, but I CAN'T! I cannot stomach any sweets.

I also feel like I can't eat as much as most people can at 10 months out, I really don't know if I'm eating too little or too much, but compared to people 10 months out, i can't eat much at all some days pass by and i completely forget to eat, and I've had to stop in the middle of the road several times because I felt like I was about to pass out behind the wheel.

I started taking Iron supplements, multi-vitamins, vitamins for hair, and I'm trying to hard to get some sugar in my system and remember to eat, but I'm scared of adding Vitamin D supplements, scared it'll be too many vitamins, and scared of adding Protein shakes, because i'm scared the taste would make me throw up, or cause serious Constipation, more than I already am, which i hate so much.

So please help and give me tips or share your experience with me.

Wow you poor thing! It sounds like you're having a really tough time of it. With regards to medication, as long as you speak to your pharmacist, they'll let you know if it's too much or not a good combination. Or if you can see your Doc you can run it by them too.

I just wish you well and hope that you feel better soon!

Good morning.

I understand your situation as I have a relative who had this same surgery and was not as emotionally invested as she needed to be. She still fights with eating issues, enjoys her new body but doesn't feel well at all. I too have had this surgery but do time my eating as if I were a baby. I may not be hungry at all, but will still eat my 3 meals and Snacks at 10:00 am and 3:00 pm, it may be just a handful of nuts or a cheese stick etc, but I feel great and have had no Vitamin deficiencies or hyperglycemia issues. Maybe you should buy a timer, set it, when it dings, pop something of nutritional value (high protein) into your mouth. I am losing slowly, but lose and have never gained weight.

Unfortunately replacing nutritional foods with sugar as in soda etc is not healthy, it may give you a quick fix to make you feel better, but doesn't do anything healthy for your body. Has your doctor set you up with a nutritionist to help you find the right foods to help with your issues?

I hope you're able to find a routine of eating that will feed your body what it needs and overall you'll feel better.

I am Sorry to hear about your troubles. Are you sure, though, that our doctor intended for you to up your sugar as in real sugar? I'm sure he meant sugar in food. In that case, fruit would be a great option that would also help with Constipation. Have you tried any fruits? I think, like the other poster said, that it may be well worth your while to have a set schedule for your eating. Best of luck and well wishes to you.

I am really sorry that your health has been compromised by having the sleeve, but at least you are aware you are to blame by not getting Protein and nutritional supplements in. It is never too late to start.

You didn't do it because you thought you couldn't stomach it. We you will just have to stomach it and now you are coming from behind instead of keeping up. I know it may not be pleasant to drink the shakes and take all the supplements, but obviously it is necessary. Please find a Protein powder you can tolerate. GNC sells whey isolate that is really yummy, especially if you doctor it up with your favorite flavors. I use DaVinci syrups and add hazelnut, french vanilla or amaretto to vanilla and S/F choc Syrup to the chocolate. Try noshing on a few peanuts with the chocolate shake and you have something similar to Reeses, And you simply must get your supplements. Even with all I take, I am still Vit D deficient. And without Vit D you will literally fall apart. You can't absorb Calcium and your bones will thin.

You are too young to let this slide. You need to hydrate and nutrify (if that is even a word). I wish you Godspeed in turning this situation around. Just do it!!!!! K :)

I agree with grannyk 100%. You need to eat for energy and nutrition just like you have to put gas into your car in order for it to drive, you also need food-protien to make your body run and function properly. Food-supplements is fuel to your body so you have to eat and take your Vitamins daily. It takes some investment like someone said buy a timer, but a juicer to drink fresh juices which is full of vit and minerals your body needs. When you are out and about with no food on hand stop at wendy's for some healthy chili. Bring some cheese or nuts with you for a snack, etc. Good luck and again it is time for you to take the time to eat properly to invest in your health.

Sorry to hear of your issues I suggest that you google the foods like bananas are good for b Vitamins potassium etc so just try and cross reference food that fits them all.

I googled some links to share for you to look over.

http://potassiumrichfoods.com/potassium-rich-foods-list/

http://www.healthcastle.com/iron.shtml

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/10-foods-containing-vitamin-d/

maybe grabbing a juicing book and see if you can concoct a juice that’s high in most of what you need drink one a day and cut down on supplements.< /p>

I feel for you I had extremely bad ibs pre op my body couldn’t absorb hardly anything no matter what I was eating or drinking.

I was constantly having blood work done to check my levels it gets very frustrating!