Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

M 8 days out on creamy foods and I fine during the day but at night I have this overwhelming urges to eat when I know I can't fit anymore then I throw up. It's like I can't control myself.

Help please any suggestion to stop ??

I have done antacid I know I'm

Not hungry but the foods there so I'm trying to eat even of I can't. :( discourage

I am just finishing my 3rd week ost surgery and tiday had an ovw=erwheling urge to eat potato chips....chewing them till they were mush.....i feel so ashamed tonight and discouraged and this was a response to being told by my Nutritionust that i was eating too many ounces for my meal. She wants me to go back to 2 ounces not 4-6....says it ways too early. i feel your pain here and i think it is what we call head huinger, noit actuqal hunger.....i just couldn't sstop myself today and i'm lucky i didn't do real damage to my sleeve. lets both start oiver tomorrow...fresh start and out this behind us today.

Wow - that is definitely something to contact your surgical group about. That can be very dangerous. I hope you find an answer!

Hi Belaire -

My first thought as I read your email is "way to go getting through the surgery and moving on to more solid foods"! That in itself if a huge accomplishment and I think the fact you (we) even had the surgery is HUGE!!!

My next thought was "get rid of the food!!!" You are the exact same person you were before you had the surgery -

just your tummy isn't. Treat it tenderly. Take care of it. Get rid of anything that causes you problems. You said if it's there you eat it - so clean it out and make your home a sanctuary. I used to pig out at home - well everywhere - but now my home is a safe place. I'm sure not perfect, but I am so, so much better.

Remember your tummy is still healing - so you absolutely can not abuse it! Well you can - BUT YOU CAN'T because it could have very serious consequences. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to care for your tummy!!! And keep reaching out for help. You can do it. If I can you can. I believe in you!!!!

Thanks and yes I'm definatly starting over tomorrow for me it's so hard because of my childer. I don't want them to not have food they like because I can't control my self. It's just a night when there home I get like this.

I am sorry you are having the crazy urges to eat - I think most of us go through the same thing. My advice is to make your home a danger free zone - you have to be in an environment free of temptations - we have no breads, rice, flour, sugar, etc - no boxed anything. One has to go out and get it if they want something like a potato chip or a hamburger bun.

The teen is adjusting - and has even lost 20 lbs herself since we have changed our eating habits (my husband also had a vsg two weeks before i did - which makes things much. much easier I know.)

I had the same feelings but you have to resist. Just keep reminding yourself you consented to have 85% of your stomach removed and thrown in the trash! This always keeps me on point. Then I look at my 4 little scars.

Remember....they operated on your stomach....not your brain! Give yourself some grace, tomorrow is a new day and you can do it!!!! My pre-surgery class instructor said "treat your new tummy as if it were newborn. Be gentle and attentive....treat it with care.

I would suggest you seek help through therapy to conquer your impulses. Also, regarding your kids, they can like healthier foods, and will only benefit from having harmful things removed from the home. They may not "like" getting healthier eating habits now, but certainly they will appreciate it down the road. Best of luck.

I agree with lollyfiddy- I just had extreme binge eating (presleeve) that was absolutely uncontrollable. At one point my mental tug o' war over whether or not to eat more made me pass out cold!!!!!!!!

If you are truly distressed then seek help urgently as there is always the possibility you have an eating disorder... ( I believe the dsm-V is bringing out a binge eating disorder category, more info @ http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevisions/Pages/proposedrevision.aspx?rid=372# )

Remember....they operated on your stomach....not your brain!

Great comment.

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.