Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Does One Lose 2 Pants Sizes With The Scale Not Moving

I couldn't figure out the flood of compliments this week. People say things like: "You are shrinking before my eyes" "You are disappearing" etc.

I keep losing and regaining the same pound. This has gone on for weeks. 14s were a little lose and 12s fit better. Lo and behold, tonight I slipped into a size 10.

I know you lose inches sometimes while not losing pounds, but this is weird.

muscle takes up less space than fat, and it weighs the same! :D

I have been at 263 for a bit. However , I have lost 2 pant sizes in the process. It does seem weird but hey I will take it. lol

I've accepted that this is how I lose for now, dropping sizes faster than pounds. I really got serious about exercise in January and my weight loss slowed down dramatically, BUT I have lost several sizes since then. I also see definition in my muscles. Truthfully, although my ticker shows that I have 50 pounds to goal, I'm pretty happy where I am except for the loose skin. I'm still working it, though.

I remember being amazed when Lil Miss Diva posted her weight/size combination... I believe it was 170's and a size 0, at least back then. Now I know how that can happen. I'm in a 14/16 at 240, which blows my mind. For reference, I wore a size 12 in high school at 170...and I ran track back then! I've heard that sizes have changed some since 30 years ago, but I'm still amazed!

It's disconcerting to see the scale barely move when your clothes are falling off every couple of weeks, but it definitely happens!

muscle takes up less space than fat' date=' and it weighs the same! :D[/quote']

The muscle actually weighs more.....making the scale move even less.

The muscle actually weighs more.....making the scale move even less.

I'm definitely proof that muscle weighs a lot. I have muscle in places I never thought about it before surgery and it shows, along with all the loose skin I have. I had an appointment with a personal trainer to change up my routine recently. She came prepped with a mild, beginner's routine, but quickly found out that I needed something much more challenging. We're still refining what my routine, but it was nice to surprise her.

By weight, I'm still obese. By ability, I'm not.

I love to hear this. I am going through this myself. I have dropped a size and not lost anything on the scale. I have gone from a tight 16 to a solid 14 all at 205lbs. I checked and double checked the labels thinking I had to have picked up the wrong pair. I'm not sure why this is so hard to accept that this is possible, maybe its because its not marked by anything like numbers. I have been working out for months but really trying to identify that new muscle. So funny.. I have to hold my bat wing back so I can the new muscle.

I experienced this too. I had been wearing size XL shirts, I carry my weight in my upper body. I thought I would always wear XL which is better than a 1 or 2X but all of a sudden the XL were to big. I was shocked. A nice surprise.

I experienced this too. I had been wearing size XL shirts' date=' I carry my weight in my upper body. I thought I would always wear XL which is better than a 1 or 2X but all of a sudden the XL were to big. I was shocked. A nice surprise.[/quote']

I've lost 30 pounds and haven't gone shopping yet. I really want to lose 10 more before I do. My jeans look funny because they r too big and that's a size 20.

Yey, go Non-scale Victories!

It's true, muscle is the difference- being overweight you have developed a HUGE amount of muscle in legs especially and will be continuing to put it on in arms and core as you exercise! Consider this an amazing blessing coz muscle helps you keep the weight off in the long run!

Congratulations again!

This thread sorta gave me an "Aha!" moment. I've been struggling in a stall for the last couple weeks, frustrating for sure. But, I have started excercising the last two weeks as well and started on solid foods three weeks ago, so I wasn't surprised.

I was surprised that suddenly, lots of coworkers really started saying stuff to me about how good I'm looking and my pants got even looser. I'm hitting up thrift stores next weekend for some inbetween clothes... I'm looking too baggy and I fear my pants falling off. I had a pair of shorts fall right off while I was at home... hysterical. Thank goodness I was the only one at home at the time. :blink::lol:

I am still st the pre-op stage and my pants are baggy. This morning I am wearing. Sz 22 and I can slip them off without unzipping them. I can hardly wait to see the changes post op.. its coming very .very soon.... Yay for all the losers pre and post op....

I went and bought a kayak that came it said with a size large adult life vest. I put it on and said, "Hm, guess i wear a large." I took it off and the thing said "Adult Small/Medium"

Woo HOO!!!!

I take long hikes almost every other day. I also bike so I know I'm adding to the muscle. I just hate the "Obese" label. I won't be "overweight" until I hit 158. i know they are just numbers and words, but they still have meaning.

I am thankful.

I can gain about 13 lbs with TOM. The process of moving glycogen in & out of your liver can take hmmm... I'd widely say 6 - 12 lbs.

My cankles probably come in at 2 lbs each (if I sit at a desk or in a "legs down" position with heels on, I get cankles - but I used to get them all summer long so I'm not complaining).

I hadn't weighed in like 1.5 weeks, but I weighed this morning after a Dr appt (I wanted to see how far off our scales were). I'm up about a half a pound from when I last weighed, but I was noticing yesterday that my body felt like it had another "woosh" -- seemed smaller, pants seemed a little baggier, etc. Me & my stomach both know I haven't eaten enough to gain a half a pound of fat. And I like to say, "If it's not fat, who cares?"

I guess I'd care of it was a big tumor or something. But not Fluid.