Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories (And Other Nutrients) Do You Eat Per Day On Average, Realistically?

i'm just curious. i've read some people say between 700-900

i used to bodybuild & was a competetive athlete.. all my trainers and nutrition people and doctors always said that you have to get in 1500-2000 calories a day.. and that you can damage your body if you go below that.. because of starvation & it causes your body to put on weight & etc.. so if that's the case, how does wls work? lol i mean, that last bit is a rhetorical question.. but for so long it's been drilled into my head that you have to eat xyz amount of calories, Protein and blah blah..

so i'm curious how many calories you have per day, on average, as well as your other nutrients.. like carbs, protein, fat, sugar, etc.. what are your personal limits or guidelines that your doctor wants you to follow?

if you can't put an exact number, that's okay.. can you please guesstimate? :)

thanks for your time! :)

60-70 g Protein.

40ish g carbs

800 calories....

All I can say that it really doesn't make sense when people say if you dont eat you won't lose weight. If that was the case then no one would ever die of starvation.

Pretty much eat 900 to 1300 calories a day. I guess I shouldn't have lost my weight if I was in starvation mode. Hummmmmm....... it's a fallacy. :)

Not enough

lol i know! it doesn't make sense to me, either! just something you hear a lot.. when i was bodybuilding everyone was like "you HAVE to have 1g/protein per lb of bodyweight or you're not getting sufficient Protein to build muscle mass!" and "you have to have enough calories to avoid losing/burning muscle!!"

what about your sugar & fat intake? :)

My fat is about 26g a day and sugars is about 19g a day.

I'm eating about 1250 calories a day.

135 g Protein

60 g carbs

60 g fat

150 oz Water

Exercise every day. Losing about 22-24 pounds a month right now.

Wow, I'm lucky to get HALF your numbers in on a good day!

I'm about 60g Protein, 30 g fat and I struggle to get in 64 oz of fluids!

I'm 9 weeks post-op, and I average between 550 and 650 calories a day.

70-85g Protein

less than 35g carbs

less than 20g fat

at least 70 ounces of water/liquid

I also exercise every day, although I've had to cut back my walking, due to a nasty hip injury. I'm still doing 2 hours of Water aerobics every day. :)

I have been staying around 800 - 1000 calories, 100g carbs, 22-35g fat, 100g Protein, 30-60g sugars and about 150g cholesterol, and at least 80-90 oz of Water or tea. I still average about 10 to 25lbs weights loss and about 7 to 10 inches a month.

I have set these goals up in myfitnesspal.com in order to keep track of them, and I can use it on my phone when out.

135 g Protein

60 g carbs

60 g fat

150 oz Water

How long from your surgery date did it take you to work up to that level?

135 g Protein

60 g carbs

60 g fat

150 oz Water

What do you eat to get in that much Protein? Even with shakes and stuff I have a hard time hitting 80g.

it's amazing what you guys are doing!! keep up the excellent work! not that my opinion matters, but i'm really proud of all of you! :D i wish everybody nothing but success & happiness! :) <3

60-80g Protein per day

400-600 calories

64 oz. of Water

I work out every day for at least an hour and a half. I think I'm losing inches more than weight at this point.