Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Should I Be Eating At 2 Weeks Out

I think I am able to eat way more than I should after 2 weeks out. I am also losing really slow. HELP I am starting to think like every other diet that has failed so will this one.

At 2 weeks I was just transitioning from full liquids to puree/soft food.

I was having a Protein Shake 11 oz in the am and would take me almost 90 min to eat, sf popsicles, egg drop Soup (broth only) and another shake at night plus Water & sf drinks. After 2 weeks added in scrambled eggs, soft mozzarella cheese, chicken.

Even now at almost 6 weeks, can only eat few bites at a time.

liquids don't hold as much restriction as you will feel once you eat more dense things.

I lost 10# @ 2 wks and 18# @ 1 month. Don't worry too much about the numbers. I'm up to about 26# post op.

When was your surgery?

When was your surgery?

Wow, I feel the same way. I'm 4 weeks out and I can eat almost half a cup of refried Beans with 1 melted string cheese on top. Then like 2 hours later I'm eating half a cup of tuna with 3 crackers. I don't know what's wrong with me..I got my sleeve 8/7 and my weight then was 179 , I went down to 165 in 1 1/2 weeks and have been there ever since! :( no more weight loss so far. I have been working out and doing weights. What kinds of foods are you eating?

I am 3 weeks out today. I had my surgery on 8-9-12. I eat 4oz at each sitting so thats 1/2 a cup of food 3 x a day and I have two Snacks in between meals but my snacks are not over 100 calories. I've lost 22lbs. I just started the gym yesterday with a hour on the treadmill. Sometimes I feel like thats to much.

Same date as me 8/9/12. I am at 21 lbs. but 6 of those were pre-op lbs. I am hoping my body is just readjusting or something but I have to admit I am scared that this is it.

I eat about 700 calories a day 55-60 grams of Protein. I can't do Protein Shakes I just don't like to drink my meal.

I had my surgery on 7-26 and has lost 22#s..I start my workout tmr but still finding it very hard to fulfill the recommended Proteins and fluids dat r required for my post-op....Since the the dietician place me on full liquids my weigh has been on stall...I was thinking about transitioning back to Clear Liquids for a full week...any suggestions

I find it very hard to get my liquids in, I'm always about 16oz short of my goal of 64 oz. I'm getting about 50 grams of Protein in per day on average. My weight loss stalls for a few days then like magic I'll drop 3 or 4 pounds.

@Skyjack1. I drink an EAS shake it's not thick and it's pre packaged so I carry it in the car, I use those as a snack. They are 100 cal 17 grams of Protein , low sugar I just cant remember the amount. Maybe those would help if you used them as a snack and ate regular food for your meals. I doubt that you aren't going to lose more weight. Evaluate what you are eating. I don't eat any Pasta, bread, rice, corn and I only use artificial zero calorie sweetener. What was your starting weight? I'm thinking if you weren't 100lbs or more over weight you will probably loser slower than a person like me that was 282 to start. I hope you lose tons more weight, good luck and keep intouch since we have same surgery date.

At 2 weeks my intake was still measured in tablespoons. 2 - 3. Sometimes less.

I'm about 5 months out now and what I'm finding is that I don't really have a hard stop on volume. I think it's because I eat so slowly. By the time I might normally hit a stop signal, stuff's already moving out of my stomach. I'm going to guess I'm generally around 1/4 C.

Typical Breakfast is an egg and 2 or 3 pieces of turkey bacon. Sometimes I eat it all with some strawberries too, and sometimes I can't finish just the egg.

Typical lunch is some sashimi (seems I can eat more of this than anything else) - maybe 3 or 4 oz. Or I may have 1 - 3 oz beef Jerky, or 1/4C chicken salad and half a cheese stick.

I don't typically eat dinner.

Typical Snacks - handful of almonds (no more than 1/4C, possibly less), Protein Bar (I can finish the whole thing, I don't know what volume it has), slice of deli cheese (about 1 oz), pepperoni chips (these really shrink when I cook them, and crunch up a lot, so the end volume is not much - I'll eat 15 - 20 chips with no problem).

Thanks I started at 212 now at

Now I am at 191

Hi Skyjack..

I do my op on Oct 8th and am still learning what to expect. I saw you said you take in like 700 calories a day and are experiencing somewhat low weight loss. We have a similar pre op BMI and you look to be near my age so figure I may match your results as close as anyone.

Question is, I saw you said you can eat more than you expected, but 700 seems like a fairly low #. Are you underestimating your calories, or did you just expect to take in even less. Also how many calories do you think you take in pre op? I know I prolly take in 3,000 plus.

Either way you are pretty cute it seems. Don't stress about not losing a lot more as long as you aren't putting on more I doubt anyone would judge you since most people are in worse shape. Good Luck!!. Thanks for any reply :)

Others feel free to weigh in-- pun intented.

I have been keeping track through My Fitness Pal. I really need to get my exercise going because I haven't did that yet and I am sure it would help. My weight is moving in the right direction it's just at snail pace but I started at a fairly low BMI 31.9