Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four Months Out-- Appetite Back And Gaining Weight

Four months out and haven't lost any weight since August 1st--- have gained 5 pounds which makes me concerned, but I just need to get more disciplined. I have gotten into the habit of grazing throughout the day too much. My appetite is back right now and i wish it wasn't. This happen to anyone else?

how is that possible?

Randalljohn,

Yes. I am 5 months out, and I have quite an appetite. I have not gained any weight back, but have not lost in over 5 weeks. I know that days that I focus on Protein, and really push the Water, then I do better. But if I have a half piece of toast or something else with carbs, then its all over for that day. I know a lot of this is in my head...I am totally obcessed with food. My stomach doesn't really growl, but I always want to eat. It's a battle to say the least. You are not alone. I, too, would appreciate any suggestions. Counseling, yeah, I tried it. I know its not what I'm eating, its what's eating me, but I can't seem to identify what IT is.

Randalljohn' date='

Yes. I am 5 months out, and I have quite an appetite. I have not gained any weight back, but have not lost in over 5 weeks. I know that days that I focus on Protein, and really push the Water, then I do better. But if I have a half piece of toast or something else with carbs, then its all over for that day. I know a lot of this is in my head...I am totally obcessed with food. My stomach doesn't really growl, but I always want to eat. It's a battle to say the least. You are not alone. I, too, would appreciate any suggestions. Counseling, yeah, I tried it. I know its not what I'm eating, its what's eating me, but I can't seem to identify what IT is.[/quote']

I have heard some people join overeaters anonymous to help with the "head hunger" cravings because it is support from people who are going through the same thing. Maybe that could help? Good luck to you!

Four months out and haven't lost any weight since August 1st--- have gained 5 pounds which makes me concerned' date=' but I just need to get more disciplined. I have gotten into the habit of grazing throughout the day too much. My appetite is back right now and i wish it wasn't. This happen to anyone else?[/quote']

Take acid reducers for the heed hunger. Try abolutely nothing but Protein and liquids for atleast 3-5 days to get back on track. NO carbs.

Do you have an exercise program? I know that for me it helps with the wt. loss and maintenance. I eat what I want because I know that I will work it off the next day. If I reach a stall and I watch what I eat, (not too much sweets, starches, etc) I know I will lose eventually. In addition, I don't count carbs and I do use real sugar in my coffee if I want without a problem. From what I know and read, it is difficult to maintain and lose our wt. without an exercise program and most people who are successful workout most days of the week. Good luck to you and I hope you fiind the key soon.

I am six months out and although I haven't gained, I haven't lost for over a month now. I to graze and snack all day- my appetite is much larger then it was in the beginning and I can eat much more at one sitting! Scares me too!!! I can't fail... I have 10 more lbs to go to goal and it's taking me forever to get to it!!! I really need to get back on track! I wonder does the appetite grow as time goes on? When I'm 1 year out, will I be able to eat more than now?

I have gained and loost the same 2 lbs for 8 days now! Doing everything right and no loss? I'm depressed as I can't seem to loose any more than the 18 lbs I lost by the end of 3rd week! I work 50 hrs a week and only had time for 35 minutes of exercise in the last 5 days! I am getting 70 to 80 grams of Protein and carbs are at 40 grams for the day! I'm at a loss with what to do too? Smh...

I'm in my 5th month and have been going up and down the same 2 lbs for like 7 weeks now. I slipped into an old habbit yesterday and ate a bunch of sugar. I felt like I was back at square 1 watching what I eat and not losing, so I said what's the point. Luckily I shook that off and am back on track today. I have been working out (not consistently) since 6 weeks out. I started back doing my 5 am workouts this morning. Hopefully that will give me the boost I need. Hang in there buddy!

I'm struggling too - going back and forth 2 pounds in the last month. Ugh!

After my next payday I am stocking up for a solid month of extremely low carb options with plenty of healthy snack items. I have hunger, head hunger and real hunger. I am finally staying away from crackers, that was beginning to reveal itself as a total slider food for me.

I have to get my focus back, I have about 45 pounds to goal and I am committed to losing it - I didn't do all this work to stop losing at this point!

Let's support each other in this process!!

How much did you gain??? If I is under 5 pounds it is natural for our bodies to fluctuate. Do you track your calories via my fitness pal. It could be that you are at a stall...

I am only 4 months out, but what helps me is Protein Blitz drinks from the Vitamin shoppe! 30 Protein 1 carb 120 calories. I know if i am constantly drinking i cant have food! Remember guys NO FLUIDS 30 minutes before or after!!! Let's not let our old lives back in to our new world!!! Its no welcome!!!!

i see a lot of grazing do you know if you fuel your body every 2 -3 hours your metabolism increase which will equal lots of hunger

Thanks for the feedback! I am exercising. I am going to have to watch the carbs. I've done better the past two days and have gone down a couple of pounds... and I am going to the gym at least three times a week.