Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

I am currently at 2.2 cc. I don't know what they put in the first time, but I went to 2.0 on 1/15/07 and lost a bunch of weight. It was probably too tight, but I learned to deal with it and really wasn't sick. The only time I have a problem, which is very rarely is when I swallow something that I didn't chew well enough.

I am careful about what I eat. I know the band is only a tool and if I over eat it won't work. I have small container for my meal to control portion size. I still do one Protein Drink a day, usually for Breakfast.< /p>

I am very excited about my progress. I started out in October in size 22W and now I am in 12 and 14. I still would like to loose at least 30 more. I can hardly wait to put on my new swim suit this summer (I bought one in Florida a couple weeks ago)

Sorry I rambled so long. - Hope you all are having a great day.

What a great thread. So much useful information to help me decide if I need a fill! I DO! I got a fill Jan 18/07 of 2CC in my 4CC band. I was afraid to book another even though I had lost restriction. Now I am going to go for it! Thanks for all the great info, and congrats on your succcess!

OK, I am up to 1.5 cc after my fill on the 8th! Great restriction.

Note: I was up to 2.2, at goal I was deflated to 1cc... but gained a little so I wanted to get better restriction. So far, this new fill is doing great!

Wow - everyone is soo different. I envy those who have lost all their weight with 3 or less fills. I still can't seem to get it right and my first fill seemed good (2.3) but I could still eat pretty well. Now I'm down to 1.7 and have severe hunger pangs and am going for another fill at the end of the month. It seems I am either too tight and pb too much or too loose and have to struggle to control my eating. I wonder how long I will be getting fills or if I should just stop and hang in there. I knew fills were the key but my surgeon said most people only need three - never thought I would be the odd ball. Also I budgeted 1000 for fills and I'm over 5000 - they can really add up -esp if you are traveling.

I swear I have a leak, or that I loosed up quickly. I only lost 10 pounds since my last fill, before my band loosened up.

Makes me mad. I will work hard on getting through the next 5 weeks, a trip to Disney with my dh and kids in the middle there, and then go for another fill.

Last time he took out less than he had put in the time before, so either osmosis or leak.....the next fill will be interesting.

I hope it isnt' a leak....

MaryS, where are you getting your fills? I went back to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill, but I am trying a fill centre in Washington for my second fill. (I live in Canada.)

MaryS, where are you getting your fills? I went back to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill, but I am trying a fill centre in Washington for my second fill. (I live in Canada.)

Bandiva, that must be hard. On the Canadian board, Gaffer, talked about the TLBC having a list of Canadian professionals who do fills, but we are sure at a loss in BC aren't we? Frustrating.....

Good luck.

You could phone the only doctors in Vancouver doing the procedures.

(D Wai Leung in Surrey (my guy, but I don't think he will do fills on patients other than his own, but doesn't hurt to ask)

Or Dr Woodhead in Ladner

Good luck with your search.

here is the thread... http://www.lapbandtalk.com/vancouverite-considering-lap-t31417.html

Booked a fill for Monday, I am very excited.

I guess I am just one of the unfortunate few who loosen up quickly or have a slow leak.

but I am hoping for about 2.8cc total for Monday morning, then let the weight loss begin.

I went to Dallas yesterday and got my 9th fill! I now have 4.2 cc's in a 9.75 cm 4.0 cc capacity band! He originally took me up to 4.4 cc's! I freaked out. I knew that was too much. It was. I couldn't get the barrium to go down on the flouro. He took out .2 cc's to get me down to 4.2 cc's. That was just yesterday and I am on liquids, but my tea is going down very slowly right now and I am standing up! Maybe I have finally reached my sweet spot, but I have to go in for a partial unfill at the end of the month because I am having breast augmentation on May 1st! I don't really want an unfill. I will have to be on good behavior for a whole week until I am able to get filled back up! I do have to say that I am looking forward to actually being able to eat some of that yummy food in Mexico where I am having the surgery. I just hope I don't gain weight! I guess on surgery day I won't eat anything at all or very little so maybe that will help out. I will be counting my calories!

Just had a fill to 3.0. My strict doc says this is almost at capacity.

This scares me as I think that is it for me. So I need to work hard on this current fill to take me to goal, which is about 40-50 pounds.....

Although I am in a big hurry, the doc is right if this takes me a year or year and half in total, so what? Right?

So onward I go......:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I thought I had 3 but have miscalculated, there's 2.6 in there after my last fill.

Its a good level, I can still eat almost anything, but am really finding I dont want to eat the harder things. I'm sure I could eat a white bread roll for example, but just looking at it and thinking what work it will be, I just dont want to.

I'm not hungry between meals either and have started losing again.

but I can feel this is a 3 week fill too, the restriction is lessening slightly so I think I'll still need another to get to goal weight. I dont seem to keep any restriction I get for very long, which pretty soon wont matter anyway, I'm nearly at the end of my journey.

I dont seem to keep any restriction I get for very long

I feel this way too and it worries me.

I just ate some salmon and at I feel less restriction than YESTERDAY.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

EDITED TO ADD

There is definately something wrong. I have less fill than yesterday. To prove it, I just ate my tiny can of salmon, ate it faster than usual and nothing, no pbing, restriction less than yesterday. Then after a bit of a panic attack, I downed a whole glass of milk, again nothing, then I just ate a rice cake and piece of cheese. NOTHING. I thought at 3.0 that I wouldn't be able to swallow my SPIT....

I must calm myself down now and just make another appointment.

I guess I worry about WHY this would happen?

Could it be that it leaked out as he filled, or his fill didn't hit. During the fill he pulled out my old fill and then added .5.......so I know he hit the mark.

I am just upset as it means a 4 hour drive away from my 3 young kids and an overnight stay at a hotel......

Anyone else had this?

Panicking Paula

You just havent reached optimum restriction for you yet, probably. Dont panic over it.

I've managed to work with short lived restriction, I just tend to lose well for 2 or 3 weeks after a fill and then very slowly after that. Just keep plugging away, you get there eventually.

I've managed to work with short lived restriction, I just tend to lose well for 2 or 3 weeks after a fill and then very slowly after that. Just keep plugging away, you get there eventually.

That description fits me perfectly.

Glad I am not the only one.

Haven't tested my fill this morning yet. sigh...I'd REALLY feel like an ass if I went all the way back and he took out 3ccs and said, yep it is all there.....I hope something shifts or whatever and the feeling is all there.....miraculously....

Oh well Vancouver isn't the worst place to visit and shop.