Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That sounds so good! I'm looking forward to trying watermelon

I am 5 weeks this wk & tried it on saturday. I actually had it & strawberries w no problems at all. Maybe try a small bite? I knw every dr is diff in wht they want theur pts to do.

I began eating fruit during the end of my second week out and watermelon and my pouch tolerated it well. As a matter of fact I eat fruit quite often aas dessert along with cottage cheese. Also, if you like blueberries or other fruit they can be incorporated with yogurt in order to get in your Protein count for the day.

Thanks for the info. Now that I ate the watermelon I feel so full and excuse me for saying this The RUNS. I only thing is I feel weird. Not sure if its dumping syndrome but I have high tolerance for pain. It feels like my stomach is in my back or side with a little pressure and gas

I cut up a personel seedless melon and put it in a plastic dish. I eat off that thing for 5 days. But I use sea salt cause I crave it. But thats my biggest vice lol. Plus I only get them once every 2 months so its not that big of a deal. Just make sure you think about adjusting your carb and sodium count before hand

...wondering if I can just make watermelon juice and use during clear liquid phase.

Ask my doctor about watermelon and he said not unless its pureed. I like how its really easy to eat. But the answer was like no.

I ate watermelon about 4 weeks post op. I figured since it could be easy to mush up and its mostly Water, it would be ok. I did have some discomfort but nothing to serious. I found that all I had to do was wait a few more weeks and I had no problem. At 6 weeks post op I could tolerate about anything, Though I am still taking it easy on a few things that I got some stern warnings about like bread and the skin of fruit and vegetables. Sometimes I'll even eat a few bites of that just to see how well my stomach can tolerate it. So far so good. I'm almost 8 weeks out now, My advise is to try things slow, just a few bites just to make sure your stomach is ready for it. Soon enough you'll be doing great.

Watermelon at that stage might not be a good idea just because of the white seeds you may ingest. But I'm over 2 years out now and I'm absolutely addicted to watermelon. It's pretty much made of Water, which is why you were able to eat so much of it. The rest is basically Fiber, which is why you spent so much time in the bathroom. It's fantastic for getting you to go if you have bathroom troubles like so many of us do lol

Edited by pookybear

I was cleared for watermelon at 3 weeks. The only rule was that it could not be stringy.

Thanks for the info. Now that I ate the watermelon I feel so full and excuse me for saying this The RUNS. I only thing is I feel weird. Not sure if its dumping syndrome but I have high tolerance for pain. It feels like my stomach is in my back or side with a little pressure and gas

It may be too early after 4 weeks for watermelon. I started having watermelon after I started having real good again. Thankfully I heal very fast but everyone is different. Did you Dr give you guidelines to follow concerning food to eat and not to eat during the first 2 months?

Next week make 12 weeks post op and I'm down 81lbs so farpost-244766-14398832387616_thumb.jpg