Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Tennessee Sleevers Out There?

Hello from Memphis. Completed all my paper work submitted to Cigna on 4/8/13 waiting on response. Dr. Weaver is my doctor. Already completed all necessary testin just waiting on ok. Praying all day everyday!

All the best to you. I'm in Memphis, Woodman performed my surgery. Keep us updated.

Are u at you weight loas goal? Which procedure dis u have?

Hi I am from LaVergne,TN. Scheduled for the sleeve with Dr. Westmoreland on April 29th.

Things have been going well for myself. I went off dairy, sugar and all grains for 21 days. It helped me to get the weight moving again. I'm so excited I've lost 92 lbs. 1 more pound and I'll be in the hundreds. I'm preparing for the country music marathon April 27th.

Got approval today! HOOORAYYYYYYY! Only took 5 days with Cigna. Now comes the wait. Due to Dr. schedule probably won't be scheduled until late June. But thats ok I guess as long as I know I am going!

Hello Everyone! I am from Murfreesboro. Dr. Westmoreland will be doing my surgery on May 17th.

Hi I am from LaVergne' date='TN. Scheduled for the sleeve with Dr. Westmoreland on April 29th.[/quote']

Oh and my weight loss goal is 180 - 175lbs.

I'm from Cleveland which is right outside of Chattanooga! I was sleeved on October 3. Congrats to everybody!

Hi my name is marti I read your post I live in Englewood Tenn. not far from Cleveland how is your weight loss going? I hope to have my surgery date sometime in May at Blount in Maryville my Dr. is Dr. Ray. I hope your doing well

Hi all! My husband and I will be relocating to Memphis, and I'm wondering if there's a support group or others in the area who would like to get together and chit chat. I was sleeved almost a year ago on May 30, 2012 and have lost 140lbs, going from 325 to 185. I've been at a stall for close to two months due to traveling and poor food choices, but I'm looking into joining ATC Fitness or Planet Fitness in Bartlett with my husband to get back on track and would love to have someone else to work out with. As far as a support group goes, I have not been to one and am struggling with the mental and emotional issues of losing so much weight and also finding who I am again since I had behind the "fat girl" all throughout my life. Any feedback or friendships would be greatly appreciated!

I have not joined a support group butt "The Surgical Weight Loss" at St Francis on Park has some. I prefer ATC over other gyms.

Hi all! My husband and I will be relocating to Memphis' date=' and I'm wondering if there's a support group or others in the area who would like to get together and chit chat. I was sleeved almost a year ago on May 30, 2012 and have lost 140lbs, going from 325 to 185. I've been at a stall for close to two months due to traveling and poor food choices, but I'm looking into joining ATC Fitness or Planet Fitness in Bartlett with my husband to get back on track and would love to have someone else to work out with. As far as a support group goes, I have not been to one and am struggling with the mental and emotional issues of losing so much weight and also finding who I am again since I had behind the "fat girl" all throughout my life. Any feedback or friendships would be greatly appreciated![/quote']

Welcome....I was sleeved 10/16/2012....I've lost 85 pounds since. I too have stalled since I joined the workforce and have not been able to work out with same intensity as I did when my schedule was free. Dr. George Woodman did my surgery and I know they offer suppory groups along with nutrition assistance. I hope you are getting settled in. My gym preference is WellWorx, its a place the whole family can benefit from.

Just thought I would say hello again. I posted earlier, but didn't know about approval yet. I was approved very quickly (within a few days). I was lucky because my insurance didn't require any of the supervised weight loss attempts. The whole process from initial seminar to surgery will be 5 weeks total for me. It's been a whirlwind. But, my surgery is in two days.. .May 8. Dr. Eckles is my surgeon. He's super nice and pretty laid back which I like b/c I tend to be nervous anyway (note the name nervousnellie). It's great to read that so many people had good experiences at MTMC. Keep the updates coming!