Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For New Ideas...

I love chicken thighs. I love seafood (crab (imitation too), shrimp, scallops. Need new ways to fix them. Especially shrimp toast (doctor says I can eat wheat bread as long as its toasted). Why not have the best of both. I would like to get a recipe for New England Clam Chowder (oh yeah, I like clams too ;)). Any ideas/recipes will be greatly appreciated and used. Thanks :)

Sometimes I make shrimp and mix it with some of the steam in bag asian veggies. Closest thing to Chinese food I had until about 6 months out. I also like to marinate shrimp in different flavors and just eat them that way.

I love salmon in a brown sugar/soy sauce marinade, or with avocado crushed up and salted on top. Flatout pizzas are good and I love ANY kind of cheese these days. Sometimes I still have a hard time with chicken and scrambled eggs- but then I end up eating less which makes me feel a bit better. At 8 months out I'm able to eat considerably more than I could when I was fresh.

Sometimes I make shrimp and mix it with some of the steam in bag asian veggies. Closest thing to Chinese food I had until about 6 months out. I also like to marinate shrimp in different flavors and just eat them that way.

I love salmon in a brown sugar/soy sauce marinade, or with avocado crushed up and salted on top. Flatout pizzas are good and I love ANY kind of cheese these days. Sometimes I still have a hard time with chicken and scrambled eggs- but then I end up eating less which makes me feel a bit better. At 8 months out I'm able to eat considerably more than I could when I was fresh.

Thank you..I never thought about doing that with the veggie and the shrimp. And I can put in chicken thighs too.

Now what is 'Flatout pizza'? :unsure:

I make salsa chicken - chicken thighs, jar of salsa; cook in crock pot for 3 hrs.

Teriyaki Salmon - add 1 Tbls teriyaki glaze and a pineapple slice.

I love ceviche you can make it with pretty much anything, I love adding avacado in mine for an extra kick. I eat mine with crackers, but I'm sure it would be just as good with toast. It's pretty easy to cook, pretty much like juice with shrimp and onions, I'm sure if you google it you will find a more precise recipe. Also have you tried Mexican style shrimp cocktail? That's pretty good and nutritious. I also make shrimp and cheese taco on corn tortilla. I also make cajun pasta...which is seafood seasoned with Cajun spices and Alfredo sauce. I only eat the sauce and seafood....no Pasta for me ;) Hope this helps...

Combine any of your fave Proteins with eggs, a favorite sauce, maybe some cheese, and some seasoning. Put into mini muffin tin and bake for 25-30 mins at 350. Crustless quiches...delish. Example on my blog (and link to eggface recipes for bites as well): http://gastricsleeve4me.blogspot.com/2012/06/buffalo-chicken-and-enchilada-bites.html

I love ceviche you can make it with pretty much anything, I love adding avacado in mine for an extra kick. I eat mine with crackers, but I'm sure it would be just as good with toast. It's pretty easy to cook, pretty much like juice with shrimp and onions, I'm sure if you google it you will find a more precise recipe. Also have you tried Mexican style shrimp cocktail? That's pretty good and nutritious. I also make shrimp and cheese taco on corn tortilla. I also make cajun pasta...which is seafood seasoned with Cajun spices and Alfredo sauce. I only eat the sauce and seafood....no Pasta for me ;) Hope this helps...

Thank you, since ceviche is something I wanted to try for awhile, I'll give it a try.

I make salsa chicken - chicken thighs, jar of salsa; cook in crock pot for 3 hrs.

Teriyaki Salmon - add 1 Tbls teriyaki glaze and a pineapple slice.

Salsa chicken souds delish...gotta work up to salmon tho :huh:

Combine any of your fave Proteins with eggs, a favorite sauce, maybe some cheese, and some seasoning. Put into mini muffin tin and bake for 25-30 mins at 350. Crustless quiches...delish. Example on my blog (and link to eggface recipes for bites as well): http://gastricsleeve...lada-bites.html

Wow :o I never thought about doing that, thanks :rolleyes:

Can you PUHLEASE post me a good ceviche recipe? Omg my peruvian mami (friends mom down here) makes it so stinking good.

Ok here's a recipe I really enjoyed. Shrimp packets. Very low cal from what I remember, but I'd have to look in MFP to say fo sho .... http://theworldaccor...-and-boobs.html

Many ideas on eggface's site. I have a few places where I "collect" recipes, her's is one!

BTW, what food phase are you in? Is it solids? I just wondered since you said you are working up to salmon.