Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Can We Drink Coffee Again?

I have never drank coffee before' date=' but I am trying to find creative ways to get my Protein in so I had my hubby go out and buy some Decaf earlier and I am going to try to do a cup in the morning with vanilla whey Protein and some other added sugar free flavors. He bought sugar fee caramel and chocolate Syrup so I'm hoping I can make that a tasty way to get in protein first thing in the mornings. The Protein shakes are so much that I can't get them all down so if I can get a bunch in in a small cup of coffee I'll be thrilled.

I know my mom would die without her coffee so for those of you who really need it, I hope you can make it work.[/quote']

Take four ounces of coffee grinds and 2 1/2 cups cold Water, let that sit for 12-15 hours then sift it through cheese cloth into a pitcher and refrigerate, then mix one cup coffee and one cup slim milk with ur sf syrup and Protein Powder, it's ur iced protein coffee and tastes great! I do 1-2 of those a day. I did sf butter run today, yummy! If u drink it hot, Maje sure ur coffee is not too hot or ur powder will clump up and u don't want that ;)

Thank you for that last info on coffee and the iced coffee. I love coffee and I get sleeved on sept 25th I'm writing all this stuff down (:

Than' date='ks. For all the replies, this is the greatest website. So many friendly people. My surgery is set for Oct 8th. W/ dr. Ponce de leon. I cant wait. Wish it was tomorrow.....phil[/quote']

Great to see you got your dat set.

I tried ading Protein powder to my coffee and it appeared to curdle! It was lumpy and looked like cottage cheese in my coffee.... is there a trick to adding it to the coffee?

There is a trick to adding Protein to coffee. I add protein to a small amount of Water in a clean dry cup. Add splenda & SF Creamer & whisk with a fork. Then I slowly add a little hot coffee to the mixture while whisking until its all combined.

If I do this right, no lumpy bumpies. If not, I pour the whole thing in a Blender Bottle & shake.

This is how I drink my coffee every day. For the first month after surgery I used Decaf, then I switched.

I'm trying Click next week. Will let y'all know if it's as good as everyone says.

I have had black coffee since day three...ok by dr. but says to limit because caffeine can cause hunger? Less than one cup is all I do now though.

Ordered Click sample pack today. I can do light Muscle Milk but everything else is hard to choke down...

Did have a very small portion of well rinsed tuna and some steamed (to mushiness) green Beans and carrots. Who would have ever thought that would be a 'spread'?!

Work that sleeve!

This mornings coffee Protein treat:

1/2 a packet of Starbucks Via

1 scoop chicolate Protein powder

SF French vanilla Creamer

Splenda

1 cup of Almond Milk

1/2 cup of Water

Stir stir stir. Add lots of ice. = Iced Mocha coffee. 30 grams of Protein. :)

Yummy!

There is a trick to adding Protein to coffee. I add Protein to a small amount of Water in a clean dry cup. Add splenda & SF creamer & whisk with a fork. Then I slowly add a little hot coffee to the mixture while whisking until its all combined.

If I do this right, no lumpy bumpies. If not, I pour the whole thing in a Blender Bottle & shake.

This is how I drink my coffee every day. For the first month after surgery I used Decaf, then I switched.

I'm trying Click next week. Will let y'all know if it's as good as everyone says.

This sounds like a good way to "temper" the Protein Powder and prevent lumps.

As for plain ol' coffee, I was traveling this week and didn't bother to pack powder. I had plain black coffee each day with no problems. I used to take sweetener in my coffee, but I don't want to use artificial sweeteners forever. I have never had any issue with coffee, before or after sleeve. I really like that caffeine kick in the morning, and sometimes that is what keeps me upright in the afternoon.

I like seeing all the creative ways everyone is doing with their coffee. I try for the most part to drink Decaf which I have been since about one month post-op, I think. I drink regular every now and then when I feel I need to 'wake up' more in the morning. Since I like the taste of mochas I had been mixing 'Proti Diet' brand hot cocoa mix with my coffee and just recently tried the 'Premier Nutrition' brand ready to drink Protein chocolate drink to mix in with my coffee. I heat up 1/2 the container in a coffee glass, add my coffee and 1 Stevia packet. Not too bad.

I had my surgery on the 12th and had my first post op appt today with surgeon. I asked if I could have coffee and he said YES!!!

Actually it is CHIKE, and not Click iced coffee Protein Drink. I have them often& keep several in my desk at work.

There are two different brands

Chike

And

Click.

Click is an espresso Protein. Melting Mama reccomended both. But I'm trying Click first.

I cannot thank u enough

I was tortured while having my Protein shake until I added coffee

Finally I could drink it without suffering

Awesome!! I'm so glad. That's all that's gotten me thru. :)

There are two different brands

Chike

And

Click.

Click is an espresso Protein. Melting Mama reccomended both. But I'm trying Click first.

Thanks! I did not know that!! I love Chike but will give Click a try too.