Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4days post-op and it looks like its clogged up will it eventually clear itself or should I worry? I'm kind of hypercondriac ....and I panic n start worring about the smallest things ....

Mine looked like that too with bright red stuff backing up. They told me I could squeeze from the stomach to the drain to push it through but I had a lot of pain after doing it like it had more suction on my stomach where it was inserted.

Okay thank u that's where it hurts the most I'm trying to avoid touching there lol.... So squeeze my stomach? Like inwards? Or how

My drain was removed 48 hrs after surgery, and before leaving the hospital. I wonder why some Doctors send patients home with them?

I have no idea its a pain in the a** having to deal with it at home....

My surgeon explained that if a leak is going to happen, it usually happens between the 3rd and 10th day. He leaves the drain in for a week and told me that if there actually is a leak, the drain will help with detection and drainage, too.

Okay do u know how so it can be detected?

Okay do u know how so it can be detected?

I imagine if it's really nasty, stinky, infected-looking. I think you'd feel pretty awful, too.

Eat a sugar free purple popcycle, if you see purple in your drain bulb....issue time. That is what my doc had me do...also if you have the drain bulb that you squeeze after you empty it...don't worry it may looked clogged but I bet in a few hours it will have cleared itself. I had my drain in for 10 days, it was too long and I developed an abscess. So just pay attention to the way you feel, that is the best indicator.

Good luck in your journey! You will be "rockin your sleeve" in no time!!

I have no idea its a pain in the a** having to deal with it at home....

I just got home from the hospital a couple hours ago and i am scared to drain the damn thing!

Don't be afraid, you will be ok.

Do you have anyone to help you? My hubby helped as we measured it and recorded daily. At first we used gloves then figured as long as we kept everything clean we were ok.

Once you get to ake a shower, not sure if you have a lanyard to put around your neck to clip the tube to during shower or not, if no then use a tie or you can take an old t-shirt cut the neck out leaving just a bit of fabric in the front and again pin your bulb to it.

Best to you for great success, I love my sleeve!!

thanks Happy camper! i didnt even think about want to do with it when i took a shower!

Having so concerns with my drainage tube. It was clear the past couple of days now it red just as if I just came from hospital. :( I really hope nothings wrong.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using VST

The BEST thing that helped with my drain and pain in my back from the drain was a heating pad directly on the drain incision and on my back while I sat in a chair or recliner. I took it to work with me too. I had my for 7 days and the pain from the drain last another couple weeks. He said he thought it might have been laying on a nerve or hit a nerve when inserted. The pain is gone now and tomorrow is 8 weeks to the day I had surgery. About to go change my ticker numbers again. :)

I am 3 days post op. Not so much gas pain just some gurgling in the belly. I was expected to go home today but the area of the port hurts a lot. And the collection bulb is fill up with blood quite often. My dr says it should have lessened by now. Waiting to see dr again to see if he will release me or stay another night. I actually want to stay I don't want something to happen while I am home. The leak test was good didn't find a leak.

DID ANY ONE HAVE THIS EXCESSIVE BLOOD

AMOUMT IN THERE DRAINS TOO?

If anyone else had this please let me know what you were told and if anything what did the dr to?

Thanks!!!