Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How The Hell Do You Drink Isopure?

I have the unfortunate luck of not being able to tolerate the whey... Any Protein liquids thus far have gone right through me.. they released me to pureed today just so I can start getting my protein via food at least... My blood pressure and energy levels were bottoming out due to the lack of protein...I stopped at Sonic on the way home and ordered a Sunshine Smoothie.. it isn't on their menu but they will still make it for you...Very high in protein and tasty... http://calorielab.co...moothie/14/2046

I came home and made the BEST egg salad I have ever eaten lol... I feel so much better...

I can't tolerate it either...I remember the first time I tried my Protein Shake, I'm like, cool, it's lactose free...yeah I might as well had been drinking a full glass of milk. My mom had to tell me that whey is from milk too. So every protien shake thus far runs through me and bloats my tummy unless I take 2-3 chewable lactaid tablets. Glad you feel better! :)

By liquid' date=' do you mean Water, milk, or what?

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Really depends on what flavor nectar you are using. Fruity I'd use water, parfait I'd use skim milk.

Disliking every Protein Drink I have tried thus far and tried to convince myself that I really liked the muscle milk light...I gave in and ordered the unflavored Unjury that everyone talks about on this site. I don't care for cold Water, so I usually drink it room temperature. The first time I tried the unjury, I put it in a cup with a packet of crystal light fruit punch. I tasted it and didn't like it at all. I made my husband taste it because I feel like I am being the biggest baby when it comes to the Protein Drinks. He thought it was gross too. Everyone claims that you can't taste it, which I found to be untrue. It completely changes the consistancy of your beverage and it definitely has a funky taste to it. I was so upset. More money wasted on a Protein drink I am not going to use. Then...I decided to try it with cold water. So much better!!! I think I can do this! You taste it less in cold water and the consistancy wasn't as thick as when I had it in the room temperature water. I have trouble with the muscle milk. I always had to make sure I was home when I drank it because it sent me to the bathroom. I decided to back off the muscle milk light for this reason. Not only that, the taste and the thickness was getting to me. Then I found a chocolate milk in my local supermarket that has 20 grams of protein per serving. I was loving it. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I never checked the sugar levels on it! It was something like 42 grams of sugar per serving!!! That explains why I liked it so much. They even had a notation on the bottle trying to justify the sugar levels by saying milk naturally has sugar in it. I won't be drinking this anymore. I try not to be a Debbie Downer, but I really think I just don't like protein. I was not much of a meat eater before my surgery 3 1/2 months ago. I force myself to eat the meat and then my veggies at meal time and am proud of myself for the amount of meat I have added to my diet. It is all worth it because I feel great and look a heck of a lot better. I just wish there truly was a protein drink that had few calories, no sugar and tastes fantastic. I am sold on the unjury now :) I had it again this morning with cold water and felt my confidence rise. I am going to put myself on automatic delivery now with the company. Has anyone tried the unjury chocolate flavor?

I really loved chocolate Unjury when I tried it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Disliking every Protein Drink I have tried thus far and tried to convince myself that I really liked the muscle milk light...I gave in and ordered the unflavored unjury that everyone talks about on this site. I don't care for cold water' date=' so I usually drink it room temperature. The first time I tried the Unjury, I put it in a cup with a packet of crystal light fruit punch. I tasted it and didn't like it at all. I made my husband taste it because I feel like I am being the biggest baby when it comes to the Protein drinks. He thought it was gross too. Everyone claims that you can't taste it, which I found to be untrue. It completely changes the consistancy of your beverage and it definitely has a funky taste to it. I was so upset. More money wasted on a Protein drink I am not going to use. Then...I decided to try it with cold Water. So much better!!! I think I can do this! You taste it less in cold Water and the consistancy wasn't as thick as when I had it in the room temperature water. I have trouble with the muscle milk. I always had to make sure I was home when I drank it because it sent me to the bathroom. I decided to back off the muscle milk light for this reason. Not only that, the taste and the thickness was getting to me. Then I found a chocolate milk in my local supermarket that has 20 grams of Protein per serving. I was loving it. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I never checked the sugar levels on it! It was something like 42 grams of sugar per serving!!! That explains why I liked it so much. They even had a notation on the bottle trying to justify the sugar levels by saying milk naturally has sugar in it. I won't be drinking this anymore. I try not to be a Debbie Downer, but I really think I just don't like protein. I was not much of a meat eater before my surgery 3 1/2 months ago. I force myself to eat the meat and then my veggies at meal time and am proud of myself for the amount of meat I have added to my diet. It is all worth it because I feel great and look a heck of a lot better. I just wish there truly was a protein drink that had few calories, no sugar and tastes fantastic. I am sold on the unjury now :) I had it again this morning with cold water and felt my confidence rise. I am going to put myself on automatic delivery now with the company. Has anyone tried the unjury chocolate flavor?[/quote']

Next time you order from Unjury get a single serving packet of Chocolate Splendor. Grab some unsweetened almond milk from the grocery store. 8 oz unsweetened almond milk & 1packet of Unjury Chocolate Splendor = 140 calories & 22g protein & it taste great. You can also add a bit of Torani SF almond Syrup for a bit more nutty taste.

Also grab a single chicken Soup packet so you can try it.

Injury chocolate and vanilla. Is good. Try with cold skim milk and blend with 2 strawberries. I buy frozen berries and add to shake. The berries add a lot of flavor

Unjury chocolate splendor is my fav. Today I had it in skim milk with mint extract. I blended it with a bunch of ice cubes and it tasted just like a mint chocolate chip shake. Delicious! The key for me is always using 4-5 ice cubes so it's like a shake. I also like to put in a banana and some vanilla extract. Sometimes I will use a spoonful of Peanut Butter as well although the added calories may not be such a good idea. I went out and bought sugar free Syrup yesterday but haven't tried it yet. As for other unjury flavors, I like vanilla. strawberry is disgusting!

I like the alpine punch and it must be cold...like meaning tolerable...lol

:wub: :ph34r: I have your answer... http://www.cytosport...-ready-to-drink << it's a link to Cytosport's RTD whey Isolate drinks. Straight up... yum!

I was on a clear liquid diet for a LONG time and it sucked. I hate isopuke (my apologies to anyone who likes it but YEEEEAKKK) and I hate Protein bullets. But this drink in green (tropical) or orange (tangerine) ROCKS. I bought them at Vitamin Shop. They have a refrigerated section where you can buy these individually and try them. Try anything, but keep your receipt. You have 7 days and even if it's open and you hated it, bring it back for a refund. (hello, Protein bullets... how do you think I know their return policy?) And yes, your tastebuds DO change, so remember Vitamin Shop has a great refund policy (that stuff is expensive, any of that stuff that is!).

Good luck!

Thanks for the info...I'll definitely be trying stuff out, it's great to know you can return if you don't like it. Only drawback for me would be the closest store is about an hour and a half away so to make my trip worthwhile I'll be sampling and mixing up shots out of the back of my car in the parking lot! :lol:

I couldn't even swallow the Protein bullets. That was some potent tasting stuff! I am so glad I took advice from this forum and tried the unflavored Unjury. It is virtually undetectable in cold Water with crystal light fruit punch!

Isopure is DISGUSTING! I bought one, thinking I could stomach it, but it was so gross I got less than half of it down. Blah.I even tried dumping a crystal light packet into it to sweeten it up and give it a better taste, but it didn't mix at all, so now there's little clumps of crystal light chillin at the bottom of the unmoved glass in my fridge. My boyfriend and I have a bet going on to see who get's sick of looking at it first and throws it away! LOL!

shakes are my best friend now!

I love Isopure Icy Orange with Crystal Light & frozen like a granita! I plan on using that my first week post-op of clear liquids-- unless my taste changes...

Yummy! That sounds really good. I will have to try it.

Isopure is DISGUSTING! I bought one' date=' thinking I could stomach it, but it was so gross I got less than half of it down. Blah.I even tried dumping a crystal light packet into it to sweeten it up and give it a better taste, but it didn't mix at all, so now there's little clumps of crystal light chillin at the bottom of the unmoved glass in my fridge. My boyfriend and I have a bet going on to see who get's sick of looking at it first and throws it away! LOL!

shakes are my best friend now![/quote']

adding vodka might help

Isopure? More like Isopuke!! I'm trying to find something with a lot of Protein (can't beat 40 grams) in a bottle where I also get 20 oz of Fluid at only 160 calories. If I didn't have such a tiny stomach' date=' I'd just chug it down fast. But I have to sip, sip, sip, and gag, gag, gag. Those Protein Shots are worse. Guess it's back to the shakes. Let me know if you found something tasty out there![/quote']

Got two Isopure flavored drinks today! Omg!!!!! Terrible! I can't do it, I was bummed!