Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Favorite Drinking Receptacle?

I'm trying to find new ways to get my Water in...what's your favorite thing to drink from? I've heard the Camelbak water bottles are good - has anyone tried ot, and how do you like it? Any and all ideas would be appreciated! :)

Darla

i have 8 20oz Water btles at home - i keep drinking the Water, and refilling - will drink 3 a day, push for 4

i like the pop up cap on the bottle, works for me, go figure ;)

good luck

My hospital has mugs that they give patients, I asked for extra ones before I left... but you can buy them I think as well at their gift shops. They are 28 oz.s so I do that 4 times a day.

I have the best luck with a large red plasic cups I got at Walmart, the ones in the summer area with the beach towels and such. I seem to drink more when I use those!

I have a insulated 20 oz. travel cup with a turn close top much like a travel coffee cup. It keeps my drinks really cold much longer than anything else I have tried. I normally get 3 a day in plus my Protein Shakes.< /p>

I'm so excited that you asked. I'm happy to share my new friend. This is an "Intak" Water bottle here's the link http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Nissan-Intak-Hydration-Bottle/dp/B001EGGQB6. I like it for a few reasons:

1. It's 24 oz

2. It allows you to sip and not suck and get air in your tummy

3. It actually has a counter on the side so that you can track how many bottles you drank in the day

4. It comes in pink :-)

I hope this helps anyone who is looking for a bottle!

I have been refilling my 16 oz glass Snapple bottle and really liking it! I can drop in as many ice cubes as I want because of the large opening and I love the feeling of glass.

Thanks, everyone! Such great ideas! I'm going to try them all and see which one fits for me. Beth, I checked out your bottle on Amazon (thanks for the link). It looks great! I ordered one.

I have been using a camelback water bottle before and after surgery and I love it! You can really control how much comes out !

I'm so excited that you asked. I'm happy to share my new friend. This is an "Intak" Water bottle here's the link http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Nissan-Intak-Hydration-Bottle/dp/B001EGGQB6. I like it for a few reasons:

1. It's 24 oz

3. It actually has a counter on the side so that you can track how many bottles you drank in the day

Thanks I just ordered (two pink) ones lol

Thanks I just ordered (two pink) ones lol

You'll love these. This is the bottle I use too! They are great for at home and running errands but I love having them at work (hospital). The cap keeps everything clean and free from germs which is much better than sucking on a camelback straw that's been exposed to the environment.

Target usually carries them in the sporting goods section for $9.99

I'm so excited that you asked. I'm happy to share my new friend. This is an "Intak" Water bottle here's the link http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B001EGGQB6. I like it for a few reasons:

1. It's 24 oz

Bought one of these -- it melted and got misshapen when I left it in the car, and it wasn't even a hot day! Plus it was plastic. No matter how hard I try, I am not motivated to drink Water out of plastic, and I LOVE water...

I have been refilling my 16 oz glass Snapple bottle and really liking it! I can drop in as many ice cubes as I want because of the large opening and I love the feeling of glass.

Yes! I re-use glass Snapple bottles to make Lipton Cold Brew iced tea. Everything tastes crisper and cleaner out of a glass bottle.

I have been using a camelback water bottle before and after surgery and I love it! You can really control how much comes out !

I had trouble with the camelback one because I didn't like having to bite the rubbery mouthpiece -- plus it seemed germy to me. I'm a little weird with germs/bottles.

So my recommendation is a glass Takeya bottle. I find that I drink more water because it's crisp and tastes GOOD! And I've tried everything -- those metal bottles, tons of plastic bottles... plus, since I'm weird with germs and stuff, I know I can wash the glass with HOT water and not have to worry about it melting or releasing some kind of chemical...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003DTLNVA/?tag=hyprod-20&hvadid=15469465059&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6350148991710026100&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B003DTLNVA

The Container Store also carries this one, which is very similar with the protective sleeve around it.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10029942&N=&Ntt=glass+bottle

In a Tervis Tumbler, a lot of ice and a straw. I started using a straw at about two weeks, it is the only rule I broke, but I could drink a lot more using a straw!!! Now days, I forego Water except when I'm out....I drink a ton of tea and about four cups of coffee per day. I was scared of dehydration, I watch the color of the water in the toilet.....it's somewhere between light and clear. I'm ok with it!

Thanks for posting all the suggestions! Very helpful...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

In a Tervis Tumbler' date=' a lot of ice and a straw. I started using a straw at about two weeks, it is the only rule I broke, but I could drink a lot more using a straw!!! Now days, I forego Water except when I'm out....I drink a ton of tea and about four cups of coffee per day. I was scared of dehydration, I watch the color of the Water in the toilet.....it's somewhere between light and clear. I'm ok with it![/quote']

Can't live without my Tervis Tumbler! It keeps my drinks cold for a long time, doesn't have that plastic taste or feel and has a great top that I use when I take it in the car with me. I'm never without it.