Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry, YOU are the one that should leave if you can't handle others eating certain foods. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that is the reality. They are NOT responsible for YOUR issues with food! Perhaps you were just a little irritable that day. At any rate, I would curb the attitude or you will be eating alone for the duration of your time with that company!

Kimberlee, if your surgery is that close, part of what you are feeling is fear. Does any of this sound familiar to the voices going on in your head: Am I doing the right thing.. omg I'm scared... what if this happens... what if this doesn't happen.... what about my love for food, how is that going to change.

C'mon EVERYONE.. give the girl a break. We can all say that was a bratty moment if that's the wording you wish to use, but stop raking her over the coals. I know my arse has had quite a few of such moments.... especially right before surgery and especially whenever I've lost so much weight too fast and my body hasn't realized it and is making wayyyy too much estrogen. So here's what I got for you! What you are feeling.. it's NORMAL. I believe these co-workers can probably understand some of that too if you are close like you said you are, so they surely blew it off.

All I can do is this - encourage you. Please do NOT worry too much... your surgery and recovery will go fine. Just FOLLOW THE DR'S ORDERS. Do not rely on this board to give you all the right answers or directions. All of our dr's are different in some sort or fashion in the diets they use, views they express but they are the ones that know best (due to experience and years in medical school).

What I can provide for you is this - if you ever need a friend, pls know you have one right here in Dallas, TX. (You can always reach out to me if needed.)

Remember this mantra - you will need it for the next several weeks: THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Reach into your depths of emotion and find your inner strength ... this journey will make you find it, several times. It IS NOT easy. It IS NOT a magic wand. But one thing you have to remember - rejoice that you have the blessed opportunity to change your life because THIS WILL change your life. So no fears my dear ...... just hope. You got me?

Prayers and blessings wished for you as I wrote every single long winded word (and continue to do so) .... hang in there! xx

Well for one, I didn't have an attitude.

They're never going to make me eat alone, guarantee you that...I didn't ask for people to demean me on here, I didn't start this topic to get lectured.

YES, I know you have your opinions. I appreciate them. As I previously stated, I posted this originally because I was "upset in the moment". I haven't eaten in Five days. This is not normal for me. I'm an incredibly big ball of emotions right now, so please refrain from making me feel worse than I already do.

I thought this forum was for support. I'm actually regretting posting this, because I'm tired of the negativity. Maybe I should just avoid this entire forum in its entirety.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

hey.. make SURE you see what i just posted for you. there are some threads on here where you just have to ignore words/expressed thoughts. ah, so is life. no worries ok?

Kimberlee, if your surgery is that close, part of what you are feeling is fear. Does any of this sound familiar to the voices going on in your head: Am I doing the right thing.. omg I'm scared... what if this happens... what if this doesn't happen.... what about my love for food, how is that going to change.

C'mon EVERYONE.. give the girl a break. We can all say that was a bratty moment if that's the wording you wish to use, but stop raking her over the coals. I know my arse has had quite a few of such moments.... especially right before surgery and especially whenever I've lost so much weight too fast and my body hasn't realized it and is making wayyyy too much estrogen. So here's what I got for you! What you are feeling.. it's NORMAL. I believe these co-workers can probably understand some of that too if you are close like you said you are, so they surely blew it off.

All I can do is this - encourage you. Please do NOT worry too much... your surgery and recovery will go fine. Just FOLLOW THE DR'S ORDERS. Do not rely on this board to give you all the right answers or directions. All of our dr's are different in some sort or fashion in the diets they use, views they express but they are the ones that know best (due to experience and years in medical school).

What I can provide for you is this - if you ever need a friend, pls know you have one right here in Dallas, TX. (You can always reach out to me if needed.)

Remember this mantra - you will need it for the next several weeks: THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Reach into your depths of emotion and find your inner strength ... this journey will make you find it, several times. It IS NOT easy. It IS NOT a magic wand. But one thing you have to remember - rejoice that you have the blessed opportunity to change your life because THIS WILL change your life. So no fears my dear ...... just hope. You got me?

Prayers and blessings wished for you as I wrote every single long winded word (and continue to do so) .... hang in there! xx

I appreciate your understanding in the hastiness of my original post. I hate to admit it, but the post before yours actually got to me. I feel stupid for letting myself cry over something someone said that I don't even know, over the internet at that. I'm not a mean/rude/hateful person by any means. I love the people I work with, which is why I work with them. I know they weren't intentionally making me feel the way I did, it was my choice to feel that way...but the fact is, it happened. Anyway, again, thank you for being understanding. I appreciate your kind words. I'm doing my best and saying prayers.

Trust me, you get used to it. People eating your "former foods" in front of you, that is. It WILL get easier. I don't know if my experience is typical, but I look at someone eating a hamburger and fries in front of me and I'm surprised at how little I want it now. And trust me, hamburgers and fries were two of my best friends!

You go through a transformation with this surgery. It makes you look at food differently. And if your experience is anything like mine, you realize how strange it is how you need something so much for so long, and all of a sudden you don't need it anymore. It's almost religious.

Hang in there. It gets better. Eventually you'll be able to eat most of the things you used to, it's just that smaller portions will fill you up. And you resent people less and less for eating the food that made you need the surgery to begin with.

Thanks for understanding, Gustavo. I'm so ready for it. So so so ready. I think "delerium" was just setting in today.

Thanks for understanding, Gustavo. I'm so ready for it. So so so ready. I think "delerium" was just setting in today.

My pleasure. Trust me, I've had my moments too. There were times when I wanted to throw someone out a window because they were happily eating a huge bowl of macaroni and cheese in front of me. It passes. And you are more than welcome to vent it here--you wouldn't be the first! And don't let the harsh comments bother you. Everyone's version of "tough love" can be very different. You'll find FAR more support on here than not.

Speaking for myself I wasn’t raking anyone over coals or being mean, more realist and asking if she thought about it not in a annoyed or bitter mood as she posted she was in if they had eaten salad would she react the same, if they have always eaten at desks and its not anyone’s choice or fault that we have the op or anyone for that matter is on a diet etc

Also to simply say it’s going to be worse after the op and will she get upset at everyone eating around her.

It was a stop and think about it post not a how dare you post.

When you put things out there for people to comment on, you must be prepared for all answers. I don't know you personally, so I am not commenting on your character...only on the facts YOU presented to us. YOU asked if we thought you were overreacting!

WhenI made the comment about possibly alienating people, I meant it. You have made a life-changing decision to better your health...as did we al. That does not mean the rest of the world must fall into line and do what is best for us. You will be around food for the rest of your life. The sleeve is not a panacea for what ails us, it is a wonderful tool to help us regulate our eating. Part of this process involves dealing with the world around you, and that means how others eat. If I am going out to dinner with others, I DO NOT expect them to eat 3oz of food to make ME feel better! That is so unrealistic! Instead of being annoyed at others (not YOU per se) take it as a challenge! I have been out to dinner ,attended a big wedding, went to a birthday and graduation celebration,and there was TONS of food at each event. I just ate my food, and kept it moving. I was proud of myself for sticking to the plan.

Am I perfect...HELL NO! But this is a looong, bumpy road...get used to it, and keep your eye on the prize

Yep, it's hard to tell the "intent" or the "voice" of the written word sometimes.

I remember how hard it is to think straight on the preop diet. And I thankfully only did mine for a weekend before surgery. I can't fathom 5 whole days w/o food then smelling hamburgers. I don't miss them now, but I also can be satisfied on 700 to 900 calories a day. OMG I used to watch those makeover shows and every single person they'd put on there were restricted to 1200 calories. I remember thinking OMG I would die if I did that. Ain't life funny how quickly it can change?

You'll have a few moments where you have to stop and think. Ordering in a restaurant after surgery is still one for me (5 months out, 6 next month) even! It's a learning experience this WL journey... some good, some bad, but we've all been there, done that! (or pretty much) :)

Speaking for myself I wasn’t raking anyone over coals or being mean, more realist and asking if she thought about it not in a annoyed or bitter mood as she posted she was in if they had eaten salad would she react the same, if they have always eaten at desks and its not anyone’s choice or fault that we have the op or anyone for that matter is on a diet etc

Also to simply say it’s going to be worse after the op and will she get upset at everyone eating around her.

It was a stop and think about it post not a how dare you post.

I can only speak for myself here, but I didn't see your post as particularly "harsh". At least you had a sound argument supported by some reasoning. I respect that whether I agree or disagree.

I can only speak for myself here, but I didn't see your post as particularly "harsh". At least you had a sound argument supported by some reasoning. I can at least respect that whether I agree or disagree.

Thanks I didn’t know who the coal rakers were and wasn’t going to speculate on it either!

Just make it clear that wasn’t MY intention with my post even if i was a poster who thought they were not in the wrong.

Kimberlee,

Please do take what is posted here with a grain of salt, lots of folks have opinions and that is okay. You need positive energy for your upcoming surgery so that you will have a great journey and heal well. This forum is a good resource. When it is all said and done, you will be healthy and beautiful!

Hugs and prayers for Monday. STAY POSITIVE...you are doing what is right for you, nothing else matters!!