Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Researching Ready 4A Change -Dr. Garcia Tijuana - Anyone?

I'm considering going to Mexico for my sleeve surgery. Has anyone used Dr. Garcia with the group Ready 4A change. His hospital is in Tijuana. It's surpose to be a new facility. I've talked to the rep several times and she's great. She talks very highly of Dr. Garcia but then of course she would. I'm looking for outside referrals if possible.

As to be expected, I'm nervous about going to Mexico and not having the medical support in my home town of Denver Colorado. I can go to my PCP here but.... I know there can be complications so of course this is a concern. Any thoughts, experiences in this area.

thanks for the help....

Hi there! We actually have a forum dedicated to Self-pay/Mexico surgery and there is lots of valuable info there.

I just returned from Tijuana less than 2 wks ago from being sleeved with Dr. Garcia and used Ready4Achange (Alma). I can not say enough about what a great experience I had with all of it. There are lots of posts you can find if you put Garcia in the search bar up top. Lots of people have told their story/experience and some to great detail.

Yes, the hospital is only about 2 yrs old and does have a ER as well as a cardiology unit...it is not a clinic but a hospital (that makes a difference to some). The nurses, Dr. Garcia, the anesthesiologist, the on call Dr. (I was there over the wkend) the onsite coordinator Melly and Rosie at ths hotel....all was just better than expected!

You will leave with paperwork of the bloodwork they did and everything about your surgery to give to you PCP back home. Suggested time is 3 months to do blood work to check levels. If there are no complications, this is really the only follow up and of course, continue regularly just to make sure all levels are good. As for other complications, I was told by all the staff to call them immediately 24/7 even after back home if there was a problem. I have all of their cell phones and emails for contact if needed.

I also have a few pics in my profile from Tj as well as the Marriott (where you stay before and after) and the hosptial. Didnt get as many as I had planned, but its something to at least look at.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions....I would be happy to answer as well as a number of others here that were sleeved by Garcia!

Good luck on your search...

I'm considering going to Mexico for my sleeve surgery. Has anyone used Dr. Garcia with the group Ready 4A change. His hospital is in Tijuana. It's surpose to be a new facility. I've talked to the rep several times and she's great. She talks very highly of Dr. Garcia but then of course she would. I'm looking for outside referrals if possible.

As to be expected, I'm nervous about going to Mexico and not having the medical support in my home town of Denver Colorado. I can go to my PCP here but.... I know there can be complications so of course this is a concern. Any thoughts, experiences in this area.

thanks for the help....

I understand how you feel as I am traveling to Cancun, Mexico this Friday for my surgery on Saturday (25th) and am nervous and also going alone but I would be nervous even if I was having the surgery in my own city. I also used Ready4aChance and alma is my coordinator and is great!!!!! My surgen is Dr. Hector Perez

I am in Florida so Tijuana is a little too far to travel when I can go to Cancun which is a short plane ride from Florida.

Good luck to you!!!

I went to Mx, my surgeon was Dr. Alvarez. You cross the border at Ragle Pass Texas to get to his hospital. I know he isles expensive than some I'm MX but he does a wonderful surgery and is a truly caring Dr.

I am 2 weeks out and feeling awesome!

I went to Mx' date=' my surgeon was Dr. Alvarez. You cross the border at Eagle Pass Texas to get to his hospital. I know he isles expensive than some I'm MX but he does a wonderful surgery and is a truly caring Dr.

I am 2 weeks out and feeling awesome![/quote']

thanks for the help....

Which hospital? Mi hospital or INT?

Hi there! We actually have a forum dedicated to Self-pay/Mexico surgery and there is lots of valuable info there.

I just returned from Tijuana less than 2 wks ago from being sleeved with Dr. Garcia and used Ready4Achange (Alma). I can not say enough about what a great experience I had with all of it. There are lots of posts you can find if you put Garcia in the search bar up top. Lots of people have told their story/experience and some to great detail.

Yes, the hospital is only about 2 yrs old and does have a ER as well as a cardiology unit...it is not a clinic but a hospital (that makes a difference to some). The nurses, Dr. Garcia, the anesthesiologist, the on call Dr. (I was there over the wkend) the onsite coordinator Melly and Rosie at ths hotel....all was just better than expected!

You will leave with paperwork of the bloodwork they did and everything about your surgery to give to you PCP back home. Suggested time is 3 months to do blood work to check levels. If there are no complications, this is really the only follow up and of course, continue regularly just to make sure all levels are good. As for other complications, I was told by all the staff to call them immediately 24/7 even after back home if there was a problem. I have all of their cell phones and emails for contact if needed.

I also have a few pics in my profile from Tj as well as the Marriott (where you stay before and after) and the hosptial. Didnt get as many as I had planned, but its something to at least look at.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions....I would be happy to answer as well as a number of others here that were sleeved by Garcia!

Good luck on your search...

Which hospital did you use? Int or Mi hospital? Thanks!

I used Dr Garcia at Mi hospital through "alighterme" and had a great experience. If you search Dr Garcia in the search bar, you will find a ton of fantastic reviews about him from real people!

Dr Garcia uses Mi Doctor Hospital, I have a couple of photos in my profile from the hotel (Marriott) and the hospital if you would like to take a look

As to be expected' date=' I'm nervous about going to Mexico and not having the medical support in my home town of Denver Colorado. I can go to my PCP here but.... I know there can be complications so of course this is a concern. Any thoughts, experiences in this area.

thanks for the help....[/quote']

I'm from Denver and had surgery with Dr Garcia. I had a good experience and went by myself. My hubby stayed home with the kids. I never once felt unsafe. The hotel Marriott is very comfortable. PM me if you have any other questions.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I would like to know if Pedro was Dr Garcias coordinator. I know Dr Filipe Garcia

Ive been in touch with Janese from alighterme. I submitted all the paperwork and am just waiting for an approval. Im also fro Florida so it will be a journey.

Dkes dr garcia also do the surgery to remove excess skin? Please provide me with the info and what was the total costs.

I would like to know if Pedro was Dr Garcias coordinator. I know Dr Filipe Garcia

I am not sure about Dr. Felipe Garcia, but Dr. Fernando Garcia is who I used and he does not have a coordinator named Pedro as far as I know.

Dkes dr garcia also do the surgery to remove excess skin? Please provide me with the info and what was the total costs.

Dr. Garcia does bariatric surgery only - no removal of skin, you would need a cosmetic surgeon. Total cost for me for the Sleeve was $4,700, but was special for Aug - usual cost is $5,000