Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Bought Any Bariatric Meals? How Are They?

I decided to google some bariatric meals and I was wondering if anyone tried them and where did you get them. I am sure cooking your own food would be cheaper but it wont hurt to try them. Anyone know of any cheap alternatives, maybe healthy choice on sale? Are they high in Protein?

I buy lots of ProtiDiet foods from "nashua nutrition dot com". The vanilla pudding is sooo good. I had the beef vegetable Soup last night and it was good too. The blueberry pancakes are totally just like blueberry pancakes. At the same web site they have Health Smart foods and the cheesecake pudding is good, the best thing they have is Caramel Nut bars because they taste just like a snickers! Yummy! I also bought Hot Cocoa, lots of flavours of drinks, oatmeal, chili, soy nuts, soy puffs. It's all been pretty good.

I have been thinking of ordering a few boxes of the Medifast breakfasts - they have Cereal (like cheerios) and oatmeal. I think they have 11 grams of Protein per serving and their servings sizes are small. There was another company I saw that has prepared meals like healthy choice but I don't remember who it was. And I like their hot cocoa too but it doesn't settle well with me - too much dairy.

My Dr. gave me a flyer for Bariatric Advantage. So far their reps have been very helpful. I like the idea that they have prepackaged items specifically for pre and post op diets...Takes the guess work out of it...

I buy puréed foods from blossom foods dot com. They are the perfect size and high Protein low calories meals.

Just tried the Bariatric Advantage shakes...they're great!

I tried the Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement and it was NASTY!!! Gagged most of my way through it. Thank goodness I only had one pup ouch. It was chocolate.< /p>

Anybody on here willing to tell me about what life's like after the sleeve? I know side effects with this procedure are significantly less then with other bariatric surgeries. But, I'm wondering, am I going to be nausiated all the time? What about diahrrea? Is there sanity after a food addiction?? I know these are (kind've gross) and personal questions...but really...what is life like after the sleeve?

Anybody on here willing to tell me about what life's like after the sleeve? I know side effects with this procedure are significantly less then with other bariatric surgeries. But' date=' I'm wondering, am I going to be nausiated all the time? What about diahrrea? Is there sanity after a food addiction?? I know these are (kind've gross) and personal questions...but really...what is life like after the sleeve?[/quote']

What my life has been like after the sleeve......

1. I have a low tolerance for pain so my 1st 4 days sucked. At first when I got home I thought the diet said to drink 4 oz of my PROTIEN drink. I was wrong, I got the proper directions and started drinking 1 oz every 2 hours and was much more comfortable. I also used my pain medicine for about 5 days. Through out this week, I had liquid diarrhea, nausea & was crying. I worried I had made a horrible mistake, altered a perfectly good body part & I was just crazy w/ worry. Another thing that was going on was I have 5 pills I take daily for thyroid, bipolar, depression. I had to crush them and put them in my Protein drink. This sucked cause I had never done it before. There was a learning curve for me, at 2 weeks I was able to stop crushing them and take them normally.

2. I had a 1 week ck up w/ the doctor. By then I could almost smile. At this point I realized this was not a horrible mistake, I was drinking 2-3 oz, my clothes were loose. I complained to my doc about the pain I had and he said "whadya think you were coming in for? A haircut? You had a major surgery, of course it hurt". Well I was surprised it hurt so much cause MY STEPMOM AND STEPAUNT HAD IT DONE AND WERE PAIN FREE AFTER THE SURGERY. Part is genetics, that is why I mention they are not blood relatives. Anyhow I left the appointment very reassured that all is well, doc said I would have up and down days for a monthish and that is all NORMAL. Ahhhhh, that sentence relaxed me. The doc also told me, after I have a month under my belt, if I am nauseous or throwing up it is cause I am eating too much or the wrong things.

3. After being reassured at 7 days out I started hitting the dirt and walking my dog everyday. I feel great and if I don't feel great I push myself a little & and then I relax. I have been on liquids for three weeks and tomorrow I start puréed food. I had NO HUNGER FOR TWO FULL WEEKS. Then the hunger started creeping in, but not as bad as before being sleeved.

I started the preop diet on 8-1 & lost 15lb's. Had surgery on 8-27 & have lost 25 lb.'s in 3 weeks, total lost 40lb's. I feel so much better, I have 90 lb's to get to goal of 160. I am 5'7", weighed 290 at start. I am 52 yrs old. I am already more social.

As far as once a food addict is there life afterward? I am treating this like alcoholism. Once I start I can not stop, therefore I can't start. (with sugar, chips and overall crappy non nutritious food). I do phone meetings of Overeaters Annoynoumous., right now I am on the easy part because I absolutely must follow the food instructions otherwise I could get a leak. With this surgery it is one more tool to help me keep portions under control.

A 12 step program is going to be one more tool to my success. This is my story so far, I hope it helps you. Keep in mind, all of us are different, you may not have pain, just remember it is a major operation. Hope all goes fabulous for you.

As far as once a food addict

Hello from Houston! I am new to this website so trying to figure it all out. I was sleeved 3 days ago on the 9-17-12. Still having a good deal of pain, but no nausea which is completely out of the ordinary for me post-op. VERY thankful for this as just hiccups and coughing hurt like heck. I still have a lot of swelling in my belly-not able to burp normally anymore and not passing much gas. I called my doc today and they said to be patient-usually around day 4 or 5 things will start functioning more normally. Still taking pain meds but only 1/2 dose at 4pm today and will take full dose before bed. Going on very short walks to try to get this air outta me. But walking makes my Big Daddy incision hurt super bad. This is the incision in the middle for me. The one on the left is also sore but the others are not bothering me. Anyway, speaking of bariatric foods...today I received in the mail a catalog from Bariatric Choice. There are many products in there and I am just wondering if anyone has tried any of them. Some of the brands are: WonderSlim, BariWise, ProtiDiet. It sort of concerns me that just about every item in here shows a 5 star rating. Uh, doubt THAT is true. Any feedback will be much appreciated as I am so ready to be off Clear Liquids. 4 more days to go on that one and then on to soft foods.