Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Life Is Like 4 Years After Sleeve Surgery

I just re-read and see that you posted your e-mail for further questions. I will e-mail you the questions that I just posted.. ;)

Hi,

I jsut sent you a reply. Hope you find it helpful.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thank you for sharing your success with us. It really helps to hear the voice of experience - to all of you who have shared the good the bad and the ugly - thank you!

I loved hearing your story. We are always looking to hear from people who are as far out from surgery as you are. Congratulations on your continuing wonderful health. Walking and hiking is my exercise of choice as well.

Thank you for sharing your story. It is helpful to hear peoples successes and struggles.

I pray every day that I have the strength to be where you are. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and words as well as time - it is inspirational!

Thanks for posting and congrats on not only achieving your goal but maintaining it. I tell people that once your body hits it's "happy place" that maintenance is easy but most people don't believe me. :)

You've done great!

~Cheri

Thank you Suzanne!

You are inspiring! It will work for me! It will work for me! That is my new mantra... and I will make it happen!

Cheered, Dottie

Thank you for this post ... My surgery is scheduled this Tuesday with Dr Aceves..... I loved reading your post ... I too have thought.. Maybe this too won't work for me.... Your words encouraged me today! Thank you!

Absolutely fabulous testimony Suzanne! I am now 5 1/2 months out and every great once in a while I wonder if I will be able to maintain this over time. My thoughts always turn to "I don't have any idea what the future holds, but I do know I am going to keep doing what I am doing (walking everyday and eating right) and let life happen. I will not let food control me again."

Thanks for posting this.

I remember about one week out I read this part in your long post............"You know we never think twice about making car payments. If you have to borrow the money for this surgery just look at this as “body payment.”

This was such a light bulb moment for me and I was like "heck yeah, thanks Suzanne"! LOL -

Thank you for taking the time to share your success story. Plus all the tips are great. I can't wait to have a life free of diabetes and be able to enjoy my life to the fullest once I start my own journey.

Did you set your on goal? Did your body just slow down on losing the weight? This just baffles me how we know where our bodies should be. I am far away from goal, i know the goal the dr. set for me.

Guest deleted_user

Suzanne, I'm blown away! You're awesome! Enough said.

Awesome information and shared with compassion. Thank you!

maintenance is easy but most people don't believe me.

clk

you have done a great job losing over 100 lbs and keeping it off for years

i always regained weight i lost during my many diets in the past

Mentally i know that i shouldn't gain back any weight on maintence with the help of the sleeve

i know i can only eat whats supposed to be, quantity and what foods i eat - proper amounts.

once i reach goal i will feel better, work on mentally that as long as i continue to follow the "rules" i will be fine.

gone through too much good/bad - to ruin things now - i'm so very happy at my new weight - frequently do the happy dance too

thanx

Thank you for this. You are very inspirational and motivating. I am only on my 12th day, so this means a lot!!