Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sex... Oh My God... Sex!

Ha ha! DANG! Well, you just go with your bad self!

Thanks for bragging...I mean being brave enough to share your wonderful experience. Heck I would brag too...if it would have happened to me!

Thanks for bragging...I mean being brave enough to share your wonderful experience. Heck I would brag too...if it would have happened to me!

Well, thing is, I don't feel like I'm some kind of huge stud or something; I just feel like maybe this is what a "normal, healthy" male libido is like at my age when you're near target weight, working on your physical fitness, and are rarin' to go.

In other words, it's not so much "I'm such a stud now!" as "Why on EARTH didn't I get this surgery in my 20's..."

My husband isn't obese but now I want him to get the sleeve!

Actually, that is totally what I wanted to say Louise...I was just trying to be nice to the hubby! :)

And ouroborous, I didn't mean it as a slam in any way. I seriously would brag! It's OK to feel like a stud after feeling like a dud for years!! Pat yourself on the back, it's OK.

My husband isn't obese but now I want him to get the sleeve!

:D

Well congrats on the accomplishment...lol it is true skinny sex is so much better than fat sex. I personally can bend and wrap legs and other body parts in ways I never thought possible, and the hubs is enjoying every minute of it... As am I. Heheheh :)

That gives new meaning to "Go, O, Go!". ;). Yee Haw!!!

Lissa

This is fabulous. I shouldn't share too much but neither my husband nor I have wanted to do anything like that recently. We love each other very much. We cuddle and kiss and show so much affection, but THAT takes a lot out of two big people who work all the time. I was sleeved on 8/10, and he is eating what I eat. He's not doing the shakes and liquids, but he consumes the same calories and the same grams of Protein. He's lost 10lbs since I started the pre-op diet two weeks ago. Reading this made me feel good not because of the sex but because it solidified what I already knew - sex is hard work, and can be embarassing for a bigger guy. It's not just me. It's both of us. Now he says he wants to be as sexy for me as I will be for him. We've become closer. So, the sleeve can do as much good for healthy relationships as it can tear apart the unhealthy ones.

This is fabulous. I shouldn't share too much but neither my husband nor I have wanted to do anything like that recently. We love each other very much. We cuddle and kiss and show so much affection, but THAT takes a lot out of two big people who work all the time. I was sleeved on 8/10, and he is eating what I eat. He's not doing the shakes and liquids, but he consumes the same calories and the same grams of Protein. He's lost 10lbs since I started the pre-op diet two weeks ago. Reading this made me feel good not because of the sex but because it solidified what I already knew - sex is hard work, and can be embarassing for a bigger guy. It's not just me. It's both of us. Now he says he wants to be as sexy for me as I will be for him. We've become closer. So, the sleeve can do as much good for healthy relationships as it can tear apart the unhealthy ones.

I really wanted to reply to this. Yes, sex is a LOT of work for a big guy. Ladies, all due respect, but most of the time, sex is all about US doing the work -- abs and core, legs, arms. If you're out of shape, as a guy, sex can absolutely destroy your stamina, and let's face it -- collapsing like a pile of Jello halfway through just ain't sexy. So we try REALLY hard to please y'all, but when you're that heavy, it just ain't going to happen!

Add to this the fact that fat converts testosterone to estrogen (yes, estrogen. Look up lipid aromatization for proof...) and you see a real "double whammy" for us guys emerging; not only are we expected to be nearly machine-like in our movements, with no reaction to the sheer strain and stress of moving 250, 300, 400 pounds of flesh around (not counting the lady!), but our testosterone can dip so low that we have a hard time keeping an erection (and what THAT means, ladies, is that ANY distraction can make "it" go away -- slowing the rhythm, changing position, even just worrying that "oh god, I'm gonna lose it!" And when you're panting and wheezing and worried about having a heart attack (yes, contrary to urban legend, people can and do regularly have heart attacks or strokes during sex), that's a pretty serious distraction. So, for a heavy guy, sex really ain't much FUN! We want to do it to keep our lady friends happy, and sure, it FEELS good, but it also feels like we're gonna die, it's a race against the clock with whether Mr. Happy will keep playing along, and a lot of times those negatives outweigh (heh) the positives.

Now, switch to skinny sex. My muscles are MORE than capable of hauling my carcass around and doing ALL sorts of interesting positional things. Sure, I sweat and breathe hard in the throes of passion, but my heart and lungs are healthy and I have a ton of stamina, so I'm not worried some artery is going to explode. And best of all, because my testosterone MORE THAN DOUBLED without drugs, just by losing the weight, my libido is crazy -- that one hormone makes ALL the difference between just being caught up in my head and worrying about how I'm going to "perform" and getting utterly, absolutely lost in the moment. And that is so insanely sexy. Apparently for both of us!

So yes, ladies, if you want a better love life, definitely lose weight, but get your guy to lose weight too. You will NOT regret it!