Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow Is The Start

First of all, I would like to thank all of those who post regularly. I have been lurking and reading for support and encouragement. I started this journey seven years ago when my doctor suggested I sit in a seminar for weight loss surgery. My Insurance at that time would not cover weight loss surgery. I started to write letters trying to change their mind. I then changed jobs and shortly after I started the new insurance company chose to cover the procedure if you have been employed for two years or more. March this year was the mark that I started my six month diet. I was approved for surgery late July and my date is 8/16/2012 10:50 AM, Dr. Korn and his staff have been wonderful. I am now sitting here with all of the emotions that a person can generate, excited, worried, nervous, apprehensive, and wanting to just get the surgery over and start the new journey of my new life!

Congrats on your decision to have the surgery, you will do great, keep us posted!

Thank you for the support!

First of all, I would like to thank all of those who post regularly. I have been lurking and reading for support and encouragement. I started this journey seven years ago when my doctor suggested I sit in a seminar for weight loss surgery. My Insurance at that time would not cover weight loss surgery. I started to write letters trying to change their mind. I then changed jobs and shortly after I started the new insurance company chose to cover the procedure if you have been employed for two years or more. March this year was the mark that I started my six month diet. I was approved for surgery late July and my date is 8/16/2012 10:50 AM, Dr. Korn and his staff have been wonderful. I am now sitting here with all of the emotions that a person can generate, excited, worried, nervous, apprehensive, and wanting to just get the surgery over and start the new journey of my new life!

Praying all goes well and a quick recovery.

Me too Me too, Tomorrow at 10:30AM I should be going back. (we all know how that goes though right?)

I too am excited and yet nervous at all the changes I expect my body to make!

Blesings to everyone who has upcoming surgeries. And THANKS to all that have already had your surgery and are helping us 'newbies' along.

TTYL

LaQuita AKA TxMimi

My advice would be to relax and enjoy the experience. the nurses and doctor will treat you like a celebrity. They will make you feel comfortable and when you wake up you will have some pain and discomfort but every day it will be 50% less. You will be starting the best half of your life and you need to make it an exciting journey and let the scary stuff go.

Thanks all, my bag is packed about to go to St. Luke's in Boise Idaho and Meet Dr. Korn.

Congratulations - wish you all the best!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Positive energy and prayers coming your way for a smooth surgery and easy recovery:)

Ok it has been five days since I posted last, all is well. Surgery was at 2:45 pm on the 16 of August (Thursday) some discomfort the first night. The next morning (Friday) was much better I was taken to x-ray for the leak test all was good. The next test was to drink some Water slowly. I got up and made my first lap around the sixth floor of St. Luke’s Hospital in Boise Idaho. I walked every hour and worked my way up four laps. Saturday I was ready to leave Dr. Korn came in and discharged me after all of my labs came in, in the hospital I was on Clear Liquids upon discharge I was allowed to start full liquids. When I got home I was ready to rest. Sunday I rested walked and went and visited friends. Today I feel great still sore in one spot but I doubt I will need any more pain meds. Thank you to all who post and help me to learn what to expect.

Sounds great. Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Give us an update!?!?!?!