Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stopped Lossing Lbs

Good day all. I am 15 days out from surgery, I have stopped losing weight. Not an ounce in 5 days. I have been very active walking about 30-45 minutes per day. I have been consuming my Protein and Water. No mush allowed for another week. Is this normal? Any advice to get things going again?

yes - if you do a search here for 3 week stall -you'll see TONS of information. I"ve not been sleeved yet, but I already know that this is perfectly normal and to just ride it out as your body makes adjustments

Thank you so much. I had no idea about the stall. Things were going so well. I wonder if upping my Water and walking will help a bit.

Good luck on your surgery.

thanks.....trust me if you do a search you will find TONS of info on this - and I don't think upping the Water (unless you are clearly not gettng enough) would hurt but walking I'm sure will pump it back into gear.....good luck!

Thank you so much. I had no idea about the stall. Things were going so well. I wonder if upping my Water and walking will help a bit.

Good luck on your surgery.

Increasing Water & exercising are almost always a good thing.

How much water & Protein are you getting?

I'm consuming 42g per day of Protein in skim milk and 70 oz of Water. I am only drinking water. How long did your stall last? Did anything help you over come it?

I'm consuming 42g per day of Protein in skim milk and 70 oz of Water. I am only drinking Water. How long did your stall last? Did anything help you over come it?

Well, to be honest, I don't weigh myself often enough to notice a stall.

You are doing great with the water, but you need to basicly double your protien intake. Protein is what your body is using for fuel now, and it helps to maintain lean muscle. Which also helps burn fat.

Keep in mind stress affects weightloss & obsessively scaling creates stress.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. I will increase the Protein and put the scale away.

I'm consuming 42g per day of Protein in skim milk and 70 oz of Water. I am only drinking Water. How long did your stall last? Did anything help you over come it?

Do you mean all 42 grams of Protein are coming from the skim milk? Or did you mean you are adding Protein powder to the skim milk?

Protein Powder in skim milk. Total from the Protein powder and skim milk is 58 g of protein per day and 70 oz of Water per day.

Hi Melting Me: I'm 15 days out today & I only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks. I did lost a total of 31 lbs, but pre-op 28 & then just 3 post so far, it sucks.

I had the same stall happen....doesn't it drive you crazy?! I kept thinking I can't believe I got 85% of my stomach cut out only to loose 17 pounds and then nothing.

Luckily it only lasted a week and I've been able to loose a steady 3-4 pounds per week since.

You'll get there!

Do what your dr. says and it WILL come off. There is a common "three week" stall that is so true. You will have many more stalls. Do not live by the scale. Weigh once a week, two times if you are ocd about it. Try to limit that (I'm preaching to myself ok?). But do what you are told - watch Protein, get your Water in, exercise whenever you dr. gives you the green light (I think not yet for you, but IDK 100% to be honest). It'll happen. Watch!

I agree with all the above. The 3 week stall is almost inevitable...everyone thinks it won't happen to them, and it does. And remember, stalls are pretty much inevitable as well. There will be times where you will lose tons, there will be times where you stall. If you are doing what your are suppose to be doing, the stall will pass and you will start losing again. That being said, a stall is a great way to re-evaluate what you are doing...making sure you are getting in all your Water and Protein, being active...have you slide into old habits. It is important to always keep yourself in check...it is really easy to fall into old habits (been there!), but it is also so much easier to get back on track with the sleeve.

2 weeks out and getting discouraged by the day. My weight loss has been slow!