Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long After Surgery Did You Wait To Have Sex?

I meant no harm or disrespect in my post and I am sorry if it offended anyone or caused a disturbance. No one knows the body like the person who is living inside it. My doctor had no restrictions and its even published in his book.

Pg. 86 Question 11.

When can I resume having sex?

"whenever the patient feels good about it. It is very important that the patient understands that having sex will not cause the sleeve to burst, or a staple to pop, nor will it cause the sleeve to leak. Having sex does not interfere at all with the sleeve. So as soon as the patient feels good about having sex, he or she can resume sexual activity".

I just answered the question, I stated ahead of time that my doctor had no restrictions, and it was up to me and how I felt as I will know if I am in pain or not. I fully understand that every doctor is different as you can read from all the other post, I answered just like everyone else. And this may be too much information, but someone mentioned about orgasms, well orgasms do make your abdominal muscles contract and clinch and some may feel pain but was not in my case.

I am saddened that one or more people can be bashed or called out from another s' response, and it appears it was my post that caused it cause someone had a problem with what I said. We are all here for advice, friendship, and information. We all have different experiences, information from doctor, and different tummies too. We all know and understand what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others, and of course we all know that we go by what OUR doctors say anyway despite what another was allowed to do or not do.

I meant no harm or disrespect in my post and I am sorry if it offended anyone or caused a disturbance. No one knows the body like the person who is living inside it. My doctor had no restrictions and its even published in his book.

Pg. 86 Question 11.

When can I resume having sex?

"whenever the patient feels good about it. It is very important that the patient understands that having sex will not cause the sleeve to burst, or a staple to pop, nor will it cause the sleeve to leak. Having sex does not interfere at all with the sleeve. So as soon as the patient feels good about having sex, he or she can resume sexual activity".

I just answered the question, I stated ahead of time that my doctor had no restrictions, and it was up to me and how I felt as I will know if I am in pain or not. I fully understand that every doctor is different as you can read from all the other post, I answered just like everyone else. And this may be too much information, but someone mentioned about orgasms, well orgasms do make your abdominal muscles contract and clinch and some may feel pain but was not in my case.

I am saddened that one or more people can be bashed or called out from another s' response, and it appears it was my post that caused it cause someone had a problem with what I said. We are all here for advice, friendship, and information. We all have different experiences, information from doctor, and different tummies too. We all know and understand what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others, and of course we all know that we go by what OUR doctors say anyway despite what another was allowed to do or not do.

Agree 100% :)

It is one thing to have healthy, active sex life. It is another to claim that after having 85 percent of your stomach removed and stapled - with a catheter and drugs like the ones given to you that you even pondered sex in the hospital.

I pondered sex in the hospital, so I don't find it that hard to believe. In Mexico, you have a full size bed in the room in addition to your hospital bed. After the first night, I had no pain, never had a catheter, and I was in bed with my partner. Personally, I didn't want to sleep in the hospital bed away from the person who takes care of me everyday and loves me and comforts me. Plus, one of the things he looks forward to the most is when we crawl into bed together. Dr. Kelly even apologized when he walked in with us in the bed together early one morning when he come to check on us even though we were only sleeping. Seeing as how we both had our PJs on, and the nurses dropping in unexpectedly, I wasn't that adventurous, and my shy side won out. Hahah.

I was also told that I could have sex as soon as I felt ready. The only restrictions I was given involved dietary changes, medications, vigorous exercise and lifting weight.

Why is it that almost every post on here lately turns into arguments. Who cares when someone had sex if I could have I would have had it in the operating room. This site is supposed to be for support, not so much anymore:-P

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

Why is it that almost every post on here lately turns into arguments. Who cares when someone had sex if I could have I would have had it in the operating room. This site is supposed to be for support, not so much anymore:-P

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

LOL

Storm Dr A said when we are ready...frankly my husband wishes I had your drive hahahahahahaha....I don't think you said or did anything to offend anyone....Other than make me alittle jealous...lol..joking hon...I am glad you are doing so good!!! hugs...

My answer was 1 week, but if my husband would have had his way it would have been as I was getting off the plane....and he actually messaged Dr A himself and was given the all clear before I even got home....

but like storm and allnewme...I did not have a drain or cath and when I woke up I started walking the halls....I am not sure if our Dr just has a different approach but this was the EASIEST surgery I have EVER HAD!

Can we all just get along.....and have SEX.....LOL. Whew what a thread!

I like the way you think, but I gotta be home by 8, my wife might get suspicious...

Did you ever notice that no matter how serious the subject matter there is always one idiot that just doesn't get it? That's me!

Please remember to express your opinions with respect to others,thanks!

LMAO!!!