Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long After Surgery Did You Wait To Have Sex?

First of all' date=' to be clear, I was not implying that the stormwarning was lying. I used the word "claim" as that is precisely what she did.

Unfortunately, text is sometimes misconstrued. Before anyone else decides to chime in that I was being judgmental, let me say that is not the case. I am however in complete disagreement that it is acceptable to have intercourse a day or two after a major surgery such as this. Regardless of how you tolerate pain, or how healthy your sex drive is, IN MY OPINION you are putting yourself in harms way for pleasure.

Would you leave the hospital and stop on the way home and ride a roller coaster? Get on your hands and knees and scrub the floor? Load a truck with boxes? No. Even though you might want to do these things, you don't because you know, aside from how you may feel that it could hurt you.

I find it mildly humorous that there is a thread several pages long with numerous people bashing someone that took a drink of diet coke a short while after surgery, but I am blasted for disagreeing that it is acceptable to have sex while in the hospital or the day after.

SMH

[/quote']

I find "SMH" to be as condescending as the rest of your post so you can KMA

I am sure that anyone that does decide to engage in intercourse does so with a great deal of care as not to cause harm..MY opinion is if the doctor did not say no intercourse or if the doctor said do so whenever you feel ready then go for it. I would compare the sexual activity I engage in after surgery more to walking (which is good)than to loading boxes and or riding a roller coaster. I am also of the opinion and have experienced in my job that some people take "I have just had major surgery" to the extreme and don't want to get up out of bed and walk or move much at all they use it as an excuse not to do anything.They spend days b'ing and moaning and being mad at those who try to help them.So I tend to be at the opposite side of that spectrum and I feel like I need to get on with life and I trust my body to tell me when I am doing too much too soon bc pain is the body's way I saying no. I don't scrub floors on my hands and knees the next day but I have been known to do so after a week. Just my opinion as I said.

My last comment in this thread;

The physical stress of sex after surgery may rupture sutures or tear incions: If your doctor clears you for physical activity' date=' you are also likely safe for sexual activity. In my house anyway, sex is very physical and quite strenuous. If it is not in yours, it is worth waiting on anyway. Hehe ;)[/quote']

I doubt it otherwise you would not be so uptight .

Ok, glad I brought it up. Obviously a hot button.

Ok' date=' glad I brought it up. Obviously a hot button.[/quote']

I am glad you posted too.. I like to see what other people's opinions are. I didn't think it was a hot button issue until someone got on their high horse. I am very open minded and think to each their own but I do object to being judged,condescended or scolded ;)

Yeah! for sex!

I find "SMH" to be as condescending as the rest of your post so you can KMA

I am sure that anyone that does decide to engage in intercourse does so with a great deal of care as not to cause harm..MY opinion is if the doctor did not say no intercourse or if the doctor said do so whenever you feel ready then go for it. I would compare the sexual activity I engage in after surgery more to walking (which is good)than to loading boxes and or riding a roller coaster. I am also of the opinion and have experienced in my job that some people take "I have just had major surgery" to the extreme and don't want to get up out of bed and walk or move much at all they use it as an excuse not to do anything.They spend days b'ing and moaning and being mad at those who try to help them.So I tend to be at the opposite side of that spectrum and I feel like I need to get on with life and I trust my body to tell me when I am doing too much too soon bc pain is the body's way I saying no. I don't scrub floors on my hands and knees the next day but I have been known to do so after a week. Just my opinion as I said.

I doubt it otherwise you would not be so uptight .

I am glad you posted too.. I like to see what other people's opinions are. I didn't think it was a hot button issue until someone got on their high horse. I am very open minded and think to each their own but I do object to being judged,condescended or scolded ;)

I did not judge, scold or condescend anything you said. You are not the OP of this thread. In

So far in this thread you have told me to kiss your ass and have resulted to name calling several times. You misread and misinterepated what I meant and have been attacking me ever since. I am not on a high horse, and am certainly not uptight. As a matter of fact you should know that I am in the top 10 sales in the midwest for Pure Romance and am also an RN. I saw in your profile that you listed you were a nurse as well. Astonishing that you would suggest this is ok being educated in the medical field. For the record, I am probably the least prudy person you will come across but I am well educated, and would NEVER suggest 'hell yeah do it sister' when it is not safe, responsible or even enjoyable at that phase.

I was not going to post again in this thread but I will not allow you to continue to bash me, because frankly my dear you have no idea what you are talking about....Have you even HAD surgery yet to be such an expert on this?

what is sex???

Ahhahahah. Thanks for the laugh. Im not makig fun of u, i just think ur funny:)

After the VSG surgery the couple agrees to wait three weeks before having sex. After two weeks it is so unbearable, that they agree to sleep in separate bedrooms to avoid temptation. First thing in the morning on the 21st day, the wife awkens to the sound of a frantic banging on her bedroom door. "I know what you're banging for!"

The husband replies, "Yeah, but do you know what I am banging with?"

Lets all calm down. I was simply looking to see what worked for others not to start a verbal war. Enough. I am sorry that this got out of control. Remember our hormones are out of whack so let's agree to disagree. There are far more important issues. I don't side with one or the other but wish you all well along this journey. And whenever you do have sex I hope it is great and doesn't hurt your new belly.

After the VSG surgery the couple agrees to wait three weeks before having sex. After two weeks it is so unbearable, that they agree to sleep in separate bedrooms to avoid temptation. First thing in the morning on the 21st day, the wife awkens to the sound of a frantic banging on her bedroom door. "I know what you're banging for!"

The husband replies, "Yeah, but do you know what I am banging with?"

Awesome. Thanks for breaking the tension!

I did not judge, scold or condescend anything you said. You are not the OP of this thread. In

So far in this thread you have told me to kiss your ass and have resulted to name calling several times. You misread and misinterepated what I meant and have been attacking me ever since. I am not on a high horse, and am certainly not uptight. As a matter of fact you should know that I am in the top 10 sales in the midwest for Pure Romance and am also an RN. I saw in your profile that you listed you were a nurse as well. Astonishing that you would suggest this is ok being educated in the medical field. For the record, I am probably the least prudy person you will come across but I am well educated, and would NEVER suggest 'hell yeah do it sister' when it is not safe, responsible or even enjoyable at that phase.

I was not going to post again in this thread but I will not allow you to continue to bash me, because frankly my dear you have no idea what you are talking about....Have you even HAD surgery yet to be such an expert on this?

Maybe you should re read what i said...

1.Yes I did tell you too KMA you addressed me by quoting me and were "shaking your head" at the end of that statement which as I said I found condescending.

2.In which sentence did I "resort to name calling"?I did say you were being uptight but that certainly is not name calling.

3.Maybe the first comment I made abot you calling Stormwarning out could be seen as "attacking you" but my other comments were my response to your comments.

4.Where did I say "Hell yeah do it sister" I dont talk like that...I did say "MY opinion is if the doctor did not say no intercourse or if the doctor said do so whenever you feel ready then go for it."

5.Not on your High Horse?Read the end of your comment to me starting with the word "Astonishing" and punctuated with " would NEVER"

6."As a matter of fact" and "for the record" and phrases like this are in almost all of you posts in this thread so if I "misinterpreted" your meaning people can easily see why.

7. I already stated I HAVE NOT HAD MY SLEEVE DONE YET..however I have had 3 c-sections and 2 other surgeries so I am no stranger to surgery in general.I also NEVER ;) claimed to be an "expert"

8.If you really are not uptight you sure are fooling me because you came completely unwound based on that statement.

9.Play victim all you want but I am not buying what you are selling>.<

I just want to say I am very sorry to everyone else on thisthread if you were offended by anything I said.I am usually very laid back believe it or not but something about her style of address just irked me.I did not come on the forum to argue.I came on to see what others are going through and hear there opinions on navigating through this whole process.I will offer my opinion(not to be taken for a medical opinion) on issues too but will try to do so in a non confrontational manner from now on :)

I think we all have sex after surgery when we feel ready. My husband was concerned about it being painful for me so he would not even "go there" . I finally brought it up and told him it was going to be fine. Ten days was all I could stand !

I go to the same Dr. As Stormwarning and he does tell us that we can resume sex whenever we are comfortable. Some people get comfortable faster than others ;) don't let it get you worked up if it was two days or twenty. It is a personal matter.